Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

BrianLo

Hey it's still technically Universals FOURTH gate...just their third theme park. 😉

Industry standard lingo has long referred to 'gates' strictly as theme/amusement parks. Industry standard lingo also differentiates between theme/amusement parks and water parks for purposes of awards, financial expectations and attendance targets.

Universal Marketing does not get to re-invent industry standard lingo to suit their agenda. Not targeting you, just a mini-rant. :bored:

Of course this is compounded that Universal will shortly turn out a second water park. We have industry standard lingo for a reason. Pretty soon will gate 4 be the 3rd theme park or the 2nd water park? At least we understand right now people when people are being obnoxious.

I sure bet Universal wants AECOM to slap Volcano Bay on their Water Park category and not the Theme Park category. That's when the marketers will crawl back in their hole, the fanboi's will follow in time.

JT3000

Industry standard lingo has long referred to 'gates' strictly as theme/amusement parks. Industry standard lingo also differentiates between theme/amusement parks and water parks for purposes of awards, financial expectations and attendance targets.

Universal Marketing does not get to re-invent industry standard lingo to suit their agenda. Not targeting you, just a mini-rant. :bored:

Of course this is compounded that Universal will shortly turn out a second water park. We have industry standard lingo for a reason. Pretty soon will gate 4 be the 3rd theme park or the 2nd water park? At least we understand right now people when people are being obnoxious.

I sure bet Universal wants AECOM to slap Volcano Bay on their Water Park category and not the Theme Park category. That's when the marketers will crawl back in their hole, the fanboi's will follow in time.

I bet that "park within a park" stuff really got you fired up. :p

Voxel

President of Progress City
I just want them to start building it already. Whatever they end up building.... It just seems like nothing is happening. For a fan it's hugely disappointing.
They did pull a bit of a Disney with this one.. Announcing it before construction. It doesn't help that Japan get's priority on this package.. Though curious enough the Familiar looking concept open up in japan with in the last year.

Brad Bishop

According to Spirit's latest post, he confirms that Universal is purposely delaying Nintendo from being built and Nintendoland moving to a third gate (The real one) is true.

I like that idea. Why make it cramped when you can really expand it? I hope they do something cool between the parks for park-to-park transportation so that it's not just a fleet of buses.

Jimmy Thick

According to Spirit's latest post, he confirms that Universal is purposely delaying Nintendo from being built and Nintendoland moving to a third gate (The real one) is true.

Star Wars will top Potter, don't for one second think it won't.

Nintendo will top Star Wars, although that World of Nintendo design looks poor, man it's pretty sad.......Don't blame me, please don't.....

Jimmy Thick- How about that Nint*** cough cough *** Hotel in the middle of Universal Blvd? Right next to the Falcon coaster? Yoshi themed pool...Where is Fordexplorer to talk about budget cuts...

Mike S

Star Wars will top Potter, don't for one second think it won't.

Nintendo will top Star Wars, although that World of Nintendo design looks poor, man it's pretty sad.......Don't blame me, please don't.....

Jimmy Thick- How about that Nint*** cough cough *** Hotel in the middle of Universal Blvd? Right next to the Falcon coaster? Yoshi themed pool...Where is Fordexplorer to talk about budget cuts...
It’s just the Mario part and it looks just like the games.

brb1006

supernintendoworld.jpg

supernintendoworld2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom