Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Considering all the public events Pikachu appears in, and the official temporary Pokemon amusement park that existed in Japan for awhile, and the temporary Pokemon Cafes... I see no reason the Pokemon Company would not totally love this.
Love it!? They are salivating at the mouth for something like this. The line of merch they would create will sell like nothing uni has seen since they first put wands out.

ProfSavage

Love it!? They are salivating at the mouth for something like this. The line of merch they would create will sell like nothing uni has seen since they first put wands out.

And the beauty about Pokemon, imo, is if they stick to the games (and not the anime or manga - and why would they?) they have a much wider range of 'Mons, trainers, regions, etc to draw from. HP is very limited in is scope because there were only 8 movies based on 7 movies (part of the reason they're doing spinoffs) whereas GF has been making a new generation every 3-4 years since 1999. And we're right around the corner from the Gen 8/Switch games. The Pikachu/Eevee/Mimikyu/Mew/Starters are gonna SELL BABY.

And as much as I like HP, read the books because I am the right age and everything... nothing about the Wizarding World ever appealed to me. Now, an immersive Pokemon land on the other hand...

rd805

And the beauty about Pokemon, imo, is if they stick to the games (and not the anime or manga - and why would they?) they have a much wider range of 'Mons, trainers, regions, etc to draw from. HP is very limited in is scope because there were only 8 movies based on 7 movies (part of the reason they're doing spinoffs) whereas GF has been making a new generation every 3-4 years since 1999. And we're right around the corner from the Gen 8/Switch games. The Pikachu/Eevee/Mimikyu/Mew/Starters are gonna SELL BABY.

And as much as I like HP, read the books because I am the right age and everything... nothing about the Wizarding World ever appealed to me. Now, an immersive Pokemon land on the other hand...

I think your scope is wrong though. If they make a "pokemon land" -- it will most likely be a kiddy park (think Toy Story Land) that pales in comparison to HP. I'm a huge Pokefan too, but have to be realistic.

ProfSavage

I think your scope is wrong though. If they make a "pokemon land" -- it will most likely be a kiddy park (think Toy Story Land) that pales in comparison to HP. I'm a huge Pokefan too, but have to be realistic.

But... but....
1523630254028.png

Well maybe in the third park we can get... right? RIGHT?!?

rd805

But... but....
View attachment 277547
Well maybe in the third park we can get... right? RIGHT?!?[/QUO

hahaha! Imagine a Safari Zone like attraction that was sort of like Kong / Kilimanjaro safari's mixed together with screens/outdoor animatronics... #perfect.

But, I can picture Universal taking a pokemon land and making it a kiddie coaster, restaurant, and spinner type ride. Please note, i have NO insider information and just hypothesizing.

ProfSavage

I understand, but yeah I don't expect much.

But a Safari Zone would be AMAZING! Or a dark ride where you're fighting the villain team leaders from the various gens and the legendaries they've summoned.... maybe you have to get Mewtwo or Arceus or the Tapus to help...

Like I said, I can dream big!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Um, I wrote this in March of 2016:

"Nintendo is being developed for a third gate, on recently repurchased land, years away."

It was true then, its true now. Stop holding out hope, Nintendo is still many many many years away. Its not "fluid", it was always intended for a new gate.

I know more of course, but why bother?
Thank you, this has been the plan since day one. But when making a partnership deals you can't announce a brand new park that is still in a conceptual phase.

The idea is one land for Mario/DK/Yoshi (same universe), one for Pokémon, and one for Zelda.
Last I saw the Concept for Pokemon, Zelda and Mario/DK/Yoshi were being worked on at the same time. But most of it was still very much "blue-sky" so I'm not sure what what exactly is being pulled into the attractions.

I understand, but yeah I don't expect much.

But a Safari Zone would be AMAZING! Or a dark ride where you're fighting the villain team leaders from the various gens and the legendaries they've summoned.... maybe you have to get Mewtwo or Arceus or the Tapus to help...

Like I said, I can dream big!
The blue sky attractions for pokemon are pretty big, they are more than a simple Spinner if they are continuing down that route. I remember one proposal being similar to Pokemon Snap, but I don't know what concept they proceeded with.

Mike S

Thank you, this has been the plan since day one. But when making a partnership deals you can't announce a brand new park that is still in a conceptual phase.

Last I saw the Concept for Pokemon, Zelda and Mario/DK/Yoshi were being worked on at the same time. But most of it was still very much "blue-sky" so I'm not sure what what exactly is being pulled into the attractions.

The blue sky attractions for pokemon are pretty big, they are more than a simple Spinner if they are continuing down that route. I remember one proposal being similar to Pokemon Snap, but I don't know what concept they proceeded with.
You’re an insider too now? Like I asked the other guy if this was always the plan why were permits filed for this to go in KidZone and why were the initial leaked plans also for KidZone.

Voxel

You’re an insider too now?
Haha I wish.. I just drinking buddies with someone who spent few years at Universal working on Gringotts and Kong. They had just started working on the Nintendo stuff a few months before they left.. I feel like to be an Insider I still need to know ppl working there, lol.

Mike S

Haha I wish.. I just drinking buddies with someone who spent few years at Universal working on Gringotts and Kong. They had just started working on the Nintendo stuff a few months before they left.. I feel like to be an Insider I still need to know ppl working there, lol.
I edited in a question to that post.

Voxel

You’re an insider too now? Like I asked the other guy if this was always the plan why were permits filed for this to go in KidZone and why were the initial leaked plans also for KidZone.
My understanding was that Kidzone was being prepped as the backup plan in-case the desired IPs fell through or the Timeline for the next park got pushed back whether for financial or legal reasons. But most of the nintendo stuff I was told about seemed to be aimed at a new park.
But honestly everything is so chaotic down here who really knows.. Heck look at the Orlando rumor mill the last week. Wednesday news stations down here are reporting on a Pokemon Expansion to Kidzone and today it's all about Universal expansion plan being good to go now that legal issues are out of the way.

bhg469

So i guess I have been out of the loop but are the plans for Mario on hold? I assume the 3rd gate it is a must. I mean, he is the single most iconic character that could possibly be used at a Universal park. Quite possibly one of the most recognizable in the world.

Voxel

So i guess I have been out of the loop but are the plans for Mario on hold? I assume the 3rd gate it is a must. I mean, he is the single most iconic character that could possibly be used at a Universal park. Quite possibly one of the most recognizable in the world.
According to Orlando New Stations Mario is on hold for the New Park with Pokemon going into Kidzone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom