Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

HauntedMansionFLA

Then why were there permits for this exact land made for KidZone? It was going there and then maybe changed. We still don’t know. Even then it’s a sure bet Nintendo will likely end up in all three parks with the use of different IP.
Are you okay with that or would you want a Land like Potter, Star Wars and Pandora? A lot of great IP’s they can use.

HauntedMansionFLA

A highly immersive environment would be so much more amazing than shoe-horning multiple IPs into the same area. Either way, i just want these rides.... i'll settle for ride announcements/details for the next year though haha.
I’m with on that. And think of what could be developed into one land :)

Bairstow

Nintendo owns all the important trademarks to Pokémon so either way I think Pokémon is a done deal that Universal would want. No way they don’t get it.

Not the copyrights, though.
Nothing gets licensed without the approval of the consortium.

Bairstow

They hold a third of it along with Game Freak and Creatures so I don’t see a situation where this doesn’t happen. Would the other two really say no? Really?
I'm not saying that they would or that they have, only that their participation in a deal that involves Nintendo generally would not and cannot involve them automatically.

What I'm asking is if there has been any official announcement that the Pokemon Company is on-board, because if there has, I've missed it.

Mike S

I'm not saying that they would or that they have, only that their participation in a deal that involves Nintendo generally would not and cannot involve them automatically.

What I'm asking is if there has been any official announcement that the Pokemon Company is on-board, because if there has, I've missed it.
There hasn’t but in my mind I think they feel there doesn’t need to be. They’ll just announce “Pokémon land” when they’re ready to announce it and start building.

Sped2424

Original Poster
There hasn’t but in my mind I think they feel there doesn’t need to be. They’ll just announce “Pokémon land” when they’re ready to announce it and start building.
I'm seeing that Pokemon land is now possibly coming before Mario???

Rich T

Considering all the public events Pikachu appears in, and the official temporary Pokemon amusement park that existed in Japan for awhile, and the temporary Pokemon Cafes... I see no reason the Pokemon Company would not totally love this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom