Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Brer Oswald

They will probably use a road not designed yet for Nintendo NX to use in the park that willl be off the wall bonkers. However with screens in the ground makes me think rainbow road would be the ride but makes not sense as they are using a busy bar and rainbow road is all based on perception you are going upside down, steep curves etc and this land is strictly family based from whats been said on other sites.
That's weird that it's strictly family friendly when most Nintendo fans are older b/w the ages of 20-30 o_O.

Mike S

They will probably use a road not designed yet for Nintendo NX to use in the park that willl be off the wall bonkers. However with screens in the ground makes me think rainbow road would be the ride but makes not sense as they are using a busy bar and rainbow road is all based on perception you are going upside down, steep curves etc and this land is strictly family based from whats been said on other sites.
Only one Rainbow Road goes upside down and it's the DS one unless you're talking anti-gravity from MK8. With this being Mario Kart there has to be some kind of thrill to it however small. It is also the land's big E Ticket so I would imagine that's the case.

Siren

Okay so, NBC Universal recently filed a patent for a 'video game ride' using wands. http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/08/universal-patent-hints-at-video-game-ride-using.html

153xrw1.jpg

This image shows a passenger interacting with the room via a control on the ride vehicle.

10zu1rc.jpg

This image shows a 'multi-path game area with multiple entrances and exits'.

I just can't imagine this is for yet another Harry Potter ride. Fantastic Beasts will be playing soon, so I guess the ride could be tied to that.

But, it seems totally perfect for Mario Kart, though. I think the wand thing is just to through people off. But, who knows.

JT3000

Okay so, NBC Universal recently filed a patent for a 'video game ride' using wands. http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/08/universal-patent-hints-at-video-game-ride-using.html

153xrw1.jpg

This image shows a passenger interacting with the room via a control on the ride vehicle.

10zu1rc.jpg

This image shows a 'multi-path game area with multiple entrances and exits'.

I just can't imagine this is for yet another Harry Potter ride. Fantastic Beasts will be playing soon, so I guess the ride could be tied to that.

But, it seems totally perfect for Mario Kart, though. I think the wand thing is just to through people off. But, who knows.

A wand is just a stick, e.g. a joystick used to control something. It doesn't have to be of the magical variety. I doubt they were trying to throw anyone off, as this wasn't meant for public consumption.

Last edited:

Siren

A wand is just a stick, e.g. a joystick used to control something. It doesn't have to be of the magical variety. I doubt they were trying to throw anyone off, as this wasn't meant for public consumption.
Hi @JT3000! Thanks so much, this clarifies a lot for me -- I was way too focused on the wand aspect. And, I agree that Uni isn't trying to be vague or anything. I just wanna know what it's for! LOL.

Disneyhead'71

Shigeru Miyamoto involved in Japan.
https://www.gamnesia.com/news/miyam...sal-attractions-will-be-a-tremendous-experien

Nintendo has been very cautious about entering into partnerships and licensing out their IP since the early 1990s (well excuse me, Princess), but lately they've been rethinking that mindset. CEO Satoru Iwata has told investors that they will be more aggressive in expanding their brand, and we're starting to see new partnerships emerge.

Last month, Nintendo announced that they are teaming up with Universal Studios to create theme park attractions. Companies have been pitching theme park attractions to Nintendo for years, but Iwata was very impressed by Universal'sextremely detailed plans and immediately got legendary Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto involved in talks as well. Miyamoto recently discussed the upcoming attractions, stating that they will be a "tremendous experience" for people who grew up with Nintendo games and now have their own children.

"We've come to the point where the kids who grew up playing Nintendo games are now parents who have their own kids. I think for them it will be a tremendous experience. We have all the knowledge of who the Mario character is, what the Mario world is and how it's represented. We have been in constant communication with (Universal) communicating our vision to them, and they're turning it into something that could exist within that park. It's really about that partnership. That's the challenge put forth to Universal Studios. How do you take something digital and bring it into the real world in a way that people can experience it in real life? That's where we're working together." — Shigeru Miyamoto

We're not sure yet what kinds of attractions to expect, but with the talented teams at Universal Studios and the video game genius that is Shigeru Miyamoto working together, there's plenty of reason to be excited. Hopefully the attractions can give longtime Nintendo fans an experience that brings back the joy of their childhood Nintendo memories while also introducing a new generation to the fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom