Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Matt_Black

I went to the app store to check it out and maybe download it. Apparently, my phone's not good enough?!? Well, nuts to you, then, Pokemon Go! I'll stick with SongPop! ... And that's acting up on me right now, consarnit.

Mike S

Double post, but thought this was funny. Huge mass of people racing to catch Vaporean last night in Central Park

Madness...?

THIS, IS, POKEMON!!!!
This thing can run and run. You can have variations of the game, easier ones, harder ones, more casual ones that take less time... they'll add social features, battle your buddies, that sort of thing. They'll wait until the hype dies down and usage drops, then release new versions.

And for Nintendo itself, I'm sure they'll be using AR for other projects. Zelda in real life where your city is a dungeon? Mario where your phone's gyroscopes are used to make sure you really are jumping on that virtual Goomba... there's unlimited possibilities.

And if Universal is the place where you can leave your phone at home and see all these things with your own eyes... getting the rights to Nintendo might just be more profitable for them than they ever could have imagined.
This could easily be their next WWoHP. I'm not joking. Even better when each land can be based on different characters. If it was me, I would have the Mario/DK/Yoshi land (?) in USF as rumored, Pokemon in IoA (bye bye LC...), and Zelda in park 3. Those are their biggest hitters.

My dream of course would be a Metroid attraction but I know it's a long shot. Nintendo itself can't even be bothered to make another great entry in the series. The last good one was in 2007... :(

Matt_Black

I can tell you with 100% certainty what we WON'T see here...

250px-Geistbox.jpg

chocotaco

This could easily be their next WWoHP. I'm not joking. Even better when each land can be based on different characters. If it was me, I would have the Mario/DK/Yoshi land (?) in USF as rumored, Pokemon in IoA (bye bye LC...), and Zelda in park 3. Those are their biggest hitters.

I agree entirely. I think Nintendo is going to play a critical role in Uni's future success and attracting the family market. I think this deal will prove to be huge win for Uni, just as Harry Potter was. Nintendo is not only going to attract big crowds, but it's going to be a merchandise juggernaut. We don't even have official details of what's being included in the land they are working on now (I know we have some info from insiders), and I'm already looking forward to what they will be doing for part 2 of Nintendo and beyond. I feel very confident that there is going to be a lot of Nintendo at Uni, and like you, can see it being in all 3 parks. They could even make Nintendo themed hotels. Give me a Delfino plaza resort and spa or something :p

Mike S

I agree entirely. I think Nintendo is going to play a critical role in Uni's future success and attracting the family market. I think this deal will prove to be huge win for Uni, just as Harry Potter was. Nintendo is not only going to attract big crowds, but it's going to be a merchandise juggernaut. We don't even have official details of what's being included in the land they are working on now (I know we have some info from insiders), and I'm already looking forward to what they will be doing for part 2 of Nintendo and beyond. I feel very confident that there is going to be a lot of Nintendo at Uni, and like you, can see it being in all 3 parks. They could even make Nintendo themed hotels. Give me a Delfino plaza resort and spa or something :p
Hotels could be a bit much but it would be cool for big fans. I also think it's likely for more Potter to appear in park 3 with Fantastic Beasts if that does well.

chocotaco

Hotels could be a bit much but it would be cool for big fans. I also think it's likely for more Potter to appear in park 3 with Fantastic Beasts if that does well.

Ha, I was mostly just kidding on the hotel part, though truthfully Delfino plaza would be a neat place to recreate. And yea, I'm curious as to how Fantastic Beasts does as well.

Why must Universal attract the family market? They do attract the family market what I think you mean is babies/toddlers? Why do they need to attract babies?

Nintendo is a brand that appeals to everyone the right way is what I'm saying. Nintendo appeals to kids as much as it does to many adults. yes, Uni is going to want to attract families with young kids, and they truthfully don't have too much to offer in that category. A lot of people with young families I think will give Uni a look when they otherwise would have waited until they were a bit older to try it out. Uni would absolutely love attracting more kids because kids = more $$. What kid isn't going to come off the mario ride and nag mommy and daddy for the toys

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Why must Universal attract the family market? They do attract the family market what I think you mean is babies/toddlers? Why do they need to attract babies?
Universal doesnt have much for the 9-14 crowd or older who likes calm stuff.
they go from either toddler-veryyoung (Seuss and such..) to rollercoaster spammage and heavy 3d based attractions.

Mike S

Nintendo is a brand that appeals to everyone the right way is what I'm saying. Nintendo appeals to kids as much as it does to many adults. yes, Uni is going to want to attract families with young kids, and they truthfully don't have too much to offer in that category. A lot of people with young families I think will give Uni a look when they otherwise would have waited until they were a bit older to try it out. Uni would absolutely love attracting more kids because kids = more $$. What kid isn't going to come off the mario ride and nag mommy and daddy for the toys
Between Nintendo, DreamWorks animation, and Illumination, I think Universal will be doing much better with the family market.

HouseHacker97

I kind of wish they keep all nintendo IP within a single themed area, kind of like an island at IOA, even if it has to be much bigger than the normal. It really doesn't make sense to me how they could scatter mario stuff at Kidzone, put pokemon at IOA, and then have idk zelda at the third park (just examples off the top of my head ofc) but I'd much rather have all nintendo stuff in the third park, and put other non-related stuff to replace kid zone if it has to go.

Thematically it just makes more sense to me

Mike S

I kind of wish they keep all nintendo IP within a single themed area, kind of like an island at IOA, even if it has to be much bigger than the normal. It really doesn't make sense to me how they could scatter mario stuff at Kidzone, put pokemon at IOA, and then have idk zelda at the third park (just examples off the top of my head ofc) but I'd much rather have all nintendo stuff in the third park, and put other non-related stuff to replace kid zone if it has to go.

Thematically it just makes more sense to me
Nintendo isn't like that though. All of the characters and worlds are very different even if they do come together for Smash Bros. from time to time. It's like how you wouldn't lump together Kong, Jurassic Park, and Fast & Furious in one land just because they're all movies that are made by Universal. They're completely separate universes.

HouseHacker97

true, but Kong's dinos loosely fit in with the rest of them. I know it probably won't happen the way i'd like, but I imagined a huge "nintendo area" with different subsections that contain individualized worlds for different characters

Matt_Black

Nintendo isn't like that though. All of the characters and worlds are very different even if they do come together for Smash Bros. from time to time. It's like how you wouldn't lump together Kong, Jurassic Park, and Fast & Furious in one land just because they're all movies that are made by Universal. They're completely separate universes.

... If there is ever a Fast & Furious movie where Vin Diesel and the Rock drive a car off of a brontosaurus to blow up a T-Rex (somehow), that would be the greatest movie of all time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom