Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I assume it’s real as well.
The consideration is almost certainly real.

The budget and the willpower... maybe not be so real.

UO is doing what Disney does: Cut projects because of budgetary concerns. The second Potter attraction is cut (maybe only delayed). Mythos attractions sit empty.

As Alicia says these are *rumors* for *the coming years.*

Andrew25

UO is doing what Disney does: Cut projects because of budgetary concerns. The second Potter attraction is cut (maybe only delayed). Mythos attractions sit empty.

Potter & Zelda were always post-Epic projects. Poseidon's closed earlier than expected due to issues with the building itself. They didn't wanna spend money when only a year later they would demo it. The problem is that now Simpsons isn't expected to last as long as they would have wanted to and they're worried about USF's attendance being cannibalized so they want to push Pokemon quicker than Zelda.

While I'm excited for a Pokemon land to replace Springfield, my enthusiasm for the ride has declined as Universal continues on this unnecessary march of having to feature the latest and greatest tech. Sometimes we want a simple fun physical-based dark ride.

2nd potter attraction for Epic was cut because they realized it was not a great idea (VR broomstick)

No excuse for Lost Continent though, it suffered through various potential replacements that never panned out over time.

Andrew25

All of the Nintendo rides will be interactive, as per the contract with Nintendo. They are, after all, a gaming company.
No issue with interactivity, I have more of a problem with that just being the main emphasis of a ride.

If it's like MIB, where you can avoid participating in it and just enjoy the ride, it'll be great.

JT3000

We know Lost Continent is being replaced by something, it's only a matter of when. It can't remain in its current state perpetually. In a perfect world they could get both Pokemon & Zelda up and running as quickly as possible, but we don't live in that world.

While I'm excited for a Pokemon land to replace Springfield, my enthusiasm for the ride has declined as Universal continues on this unnecessary march of having to feature the latest and greatest tech. Sometimes we want a simple fun physical-based dark ride.
Universal: "You don't want the latest and greatest tech? Okay, you get rethemed BTTF/Simpsons ride instead. Enjoy."

Mike S

We know Lost Continent is being replaced by something, it's only a matter of when. It can't remain in its current state perpetually. In a perfect world they could get both Pokemon & Zelda up and running as quickly as possible, but we don't live in that world.
If it were me I’d prioritize Zelda at IoA over Luigi’s Mansion at Epic. Give both original parks something big after opening the shiny new park.

lazyboy97o

Potter & Zelda were always post-Epic projects. Poseidon's closed earlier than expected due to issues with the building itself.
Zelda and Pokémon were once pre-Epic Universe projects. They were put on the back burner when the new park was moved up to 2023. Both remaining post-Hogsmead attractions in Lost Continent have now been prematurely closed for replacement.

Andrew25

Zelda and Pokémon were once pre-Epic Universe projects. They were put on the back burner when the new park was moved up to 2023. Both remaining post-Hogsmead attractions in Lost Continent have now been prematurely closed for replacement.
Let me rephrase.

Zelda and Pokemon were always Post-SNW projects, and yes they were planned "pre-Epic" before that was even a thing, which then just pushed everything back, unfortunately.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Mythos? the restaurant is still operating.

If it's like MIB, where you can avoid participating in it and just enjoy the ride, it'll be great.

wait, you can? people do that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom