Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

zipadee999

It would be unfortunate to close Simpsons first when it’s still fine. Sounds like Zelda could be delayed until 2030 or later. Bah.
Might be a bit biased cause I’m a huge Zelda fan, but if I were them I’d put that project on the fast track, especially over Pokémon/Simpsons. Lost continent is a fully closed land with its attractions left shuttered. Simpsons is still open, functioning, and relatively popular. It just doesn’t make sense why they’d take Simpsons offline while lost continent continues to rot.

In a perfect world they’d get to work on Zelda and Pokémon at the same time and aim to finish them at roughly the same time. That way both USF and IOA has something new and shiny to ensure that when people come to see Epic they make a trip out of it and enjoy the current resort as well.

ToTBellHop

Might be a bit biased cause I’m a huge Zelda fan, but if I were them I’d put that project on the fast track, especially over Pokémon/Simpsons. Lost continent is a fully closed land with its attractions left shuttered. Simpsons is still open, functioning, and relatively popular. It just doesn’t make sense why they’d take Simpsons offline while lost continent continues to rot.

In a perfect world they’d get to work on Zelda and Pokémon at the same time and aim to finish them at roughly the same time. That way both USF and IOA has something new and shiny to ensure that when people come to see Epic they make a trip out of it and enjoy the current resort as well.
Sure but you know there’s not enough money for that. With Dreamworks Land this year, it really should be IoA’s turn for 2026 or 2027. That will be quite far removed from Velocicoaster as it is.

Universal will soon learn how expensive it is keeping 3 parks exciting to the masses. Disney was doing this well recently, but now nothing is in the works after TBA…

Brer Oswald

The consideration is almost certainly real.

The budget and the willpower... maybe not be so real.

UO is doing what Disney does: Cut projects because of budgetary concerns. The second Potter attraction is cut (maybe only delayed). Mythos attractions sit empty.

As Alicia says these are *rumors* for *the coming years.*
It’s Pokémon. They will find the budget, and they’ll make it back tenfold in the first few months.

Mike S

My idea for a Pokémon ride that I posted on Inside Universal to counter the rumor of something highly interactive with arm movements:
Just make Pokémon Snap into an actual ride and remove the camera. Have the most famous current Pokémon as actual animatronic figures and use background screens to showcase others. Heck, randomize the screen Pokémon to the point where technically every Pokémon is in the ride but you won’t see every Pokémon on every ride. Extreme repeatability baby lol

Basically imagine Na’vi River Journey exactly how it is now, but add in some actual creature AAs in the foreground.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I thought the Pokemon IP was a hard one to nab given that it was owned by multiple companies and not solely Nintendo?
A land would be cool though.

Another one worthy of adding might be Animal Crossing. Hardly "Epic" but I think a good leisurely, charming land is needed for a well balanced park.

Mike S

Sorcerer Mickey

Zelda and Pokémon were once pre-Epic Universe projects. They were put on the back burner when the new park was moved up to 2023. Both remaining post-Hogsmead attractions in Lost Continent have now been prematurely closed for replacement.

Wasn't Pokémon rumored to take over Kid Zone years ago?

BTW once Pokémon opens, they're going to make all the monies.

Slpy3270

The Simpsons being handed their walking papers for Pokémon in both Florida and Hollywood would not be surprising in the slightest given how the Disney-Fox merger meant their days at Universal were numbered. There's no way Universal would pay Disney what they might ask in a license renewal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Simpsons being handed their walking papers for Pokémon in both Florida and Hollywood would not be surprising in the slightest given how the Disney-Fox merger meant their days at Universal were numbered. There's no way Universal would pay Disney what they might ask in a license renewal.
How do we know that the license has to be renewed and is not like the Marvel deal which is perpetual?

JT3000

It's not and I'm not telling why.
You're not telling why?
Why not?

If it had been created by a Steve rather than a Matt it might be different
Ryan Howard What GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom