• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

JT3000

No it would not. It is the exact same story. You go from one scene to another simulating danger. You end up "going up" and
at the end are dropped from a height, only to be saved by the hero. That implies being the same, which they are, and you
know it.
Yes, the exact same story. Who could forget that time Megatron stole the Statue of Liberty with his anti-gravity cannon? Or when we helped Spider-Man retrieve the Allspark?

Good times.

Edward Jackson

Yes, the exact same story. Who could forget that time Megatron stole the Statue of Liberty with his anti-gravity cannon? Or when we helped Spider-Man retrieve the Allspark?

Good times.

I am sorry, I have known you to contribute to other discussions in a clear manner. You really cannot be that dense.
If you are though, explain to me how Spiderman at Disneyland and Midway Mania are the same. One takes place
in an arcade with toys the other is with robotic spiders in a lab. Nothing at all alike, right?

JT3000

I am sorry, I have known you to contribute to other discussions in a clear manner. You really cannot be that dense.
If you are though, explain to me how Spiderman at Disneyland and Midway Mania are the same. One takes place
in an arcade with toys the other is with robotic spiders in a lab. Nothing at all alike, right?
Hey, I'm not the one saying two rides share the exact same story when this is demonstrably untrue. You can't just summarize these two rides as "you go up and then get dropped & saved by the hero." That is a single shared story beat in two 4-minute-long experiences. It's like you had your eyes closed on both rides up until they reached their similar conclusions. That would also explain why you think the technical compositions of the rides are the same.

I don't consider playing games a story, so I'm not even going to bother trying to compare that aspect of the Disney rides. At least Spider-Mania has a narrative set up in its preshow. I guess that's something. Midway Mania literally has nothing. It's just "Hey, here's these games themed to Toy Story. Play them." But if we're being honest, that's what both ride experiences ultimately boil down to. There's no substance, similar or otherwise. That's a much bigger problem than them sharing a ride system.

Rich Brownn

Cute, but you both know I am right, just to be clear my response was in response to another poster stating Midway Mania and the
new Spiderman in California are the same. If that is the premise how can you deny Spiderman and Transformers are not the same?
I have no interest in debating with someone who has no knowledge of motion picture projection and filming techniques. You're either being obtuse or ignorant, since you didn't address why I explained there is a difference. So.... bye bye.

Tom Morrow

Yes, you do have to ride both Spider-Man and Transformers to know what the ride experience is like. Aside from all the ways they are different that have been discussed, both are simulating different movements. It's like saying you don't need to ride Body Wars because it's the same ride as Star Tours.

Toy Story Mania and Webslingers, on the other hand, I know exactly what it feels like for the ride vehicle to park in front of a game screen while I shoot at stuff.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom