Nightmare Before Christmas Attraction?

_Scar

I agree with you on this. I don't like it. And I don't like it that DL turns it into a NBC holiday. Keep the Haunted Mansion as is. Don't change it - even if it is temporary just for a couple of months.

Have you guys seen NBC to form this opinion? :shrug:

I used to think NBC was emo/goth, basically everything Disney didn't represent to me. But then I saw the movie and was shocked at how good and light-hearted it was.

Maybe you have seen it, but I just want to make sure. :lol::lookaroun

b94ronman

Sorry...I'm with blackthidot on this....don't want to ever see it in the mansion....if they want to build a ride around it, that's cool.....never was a fan of the movie and don't ever want to see it when I ride the haunted mansion.

I just want to make a note that I am planning a trip to DL to see the HMH.

Yes I see all of your points about how all the extra stuff they are adding for the summer or the holiday stuff could also "ruin" someone's vacation with my logic. But the point I was making was that is how TDO feels about this issue. I wouldn't mind seeing the HMH come to WDW but I think that TDO will probably always feel this way about this.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry...I'm with blackthidot on this....don't want to ever see it in the mansion....if they want to build a ride around it, that's cool.....never was a fan of the movie and don't ever want to see it when I ride the haunted mansion.

Yeah I could not tell you my feelings if I showed up in Disney World and they had MORE of that crap everywhere than they already do.

Horizons1

But you have been to WDW before. What I am saying is someone from Turkey for instance who this may be their one and only trip to a Disney Park ever would be rather annoyed to find that the haunted mansion wasn't the haunted mansion they expected. Also just someone who doesn't like or never heard of NBC wouldn't be happy either. Giving it its own ride in DHS would be more fitting for WDW than changing a ride.

Well that's just too bad for them then, but _____t happens. This whole "nothing at WDW should change because of people from around the world" idea is total crap. If they wanted to see the HM, while they're doing research for planning their trip to WDW, they could also look up when attraction overlays are done and plan around that. WDW shouldn't cater to guests who lack foresight.

darthspielberg

TDO: Damned if they do, Damned if they Don't. So says wdwmagic forum goers.

That said, I sort of agree with keeping HMH in Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. I love Nightmare Before Christmas, it's a holiday classic in my family, but WDW does cater to more tourists, and I'd rather experience the original attraction than an overlay if my vacation fell on the halloween to christmas season.

I do think NBC could work wonders as a Halloween overlay over at DHS. They should do a teen-adult oriented version of Mickey's NSSHP over there, and NBC would be a perfect fit, as well as Disney Villains.

DisneyNut2007

Well, TDO seems to be developing a bit of a change of heart, being okay with all the "overlays" that WDW is doing for Summer Nightastic (MSEP, new MK fireworks, Tower of Terror's new drop profile, Captain EO, etc.).

So, maybe we'll start getting more overlays for Xmas in the near future, including giving us HMH and IaSWH, plus bringing back CBJ Xmas, Lights of Winter, etc.

After all, if TDO is okay with WDW doing summer overlays, then they should be okay with Xmas overlays.

TP2000

That said, I sort of agree with keeping HMH in Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. I love Nightmare Before Christmas, it's a holiday classic in my family, but WDW does cater to more tourists, and I'd rather experience the original attraction than an overlay if my vacation fell on the halloween to christmas season.

Just curious, does the Christmas Parade and all the Christmas decorations also bother you during December visits to WDW? Or what about the HalloweenTime decorations that Magic Kingdom recently copied from Disneyland's celebration? Is that a bother in October? :confused:

In short, is the theory that everything must be original during your WDW visit exclusive to attractions, or does entertainment and decorations also get lumped in there?

darthspielberg

Just curious, does the Christmas Parade and all the Christmas decorations also bother you during December visits to WDW? Or what about the HalloweenTime decorations that Magic Kingdom recently copied from Disneyland's celebration? Is that a bother in October? :confused:

In short, is the theory that everything must be original during your WDW visit exclusive to attractions, or does entertainment and decorations also get lumped in there?

Personally I don't mind decorations. The Mickey Pumpkins look quite festive during the fall.

What I mean to say is, say you are visiting from far away, and you've been, but it's the first time you are taking your children. You tell them all about the Haunted Mansion, and then when you get there, it's a totally different ride with Jack and Sally. Now it's not horrible, it's fun...but it's not the ride you remember and want your kids to experience.

Same goes with first timers who have heard of the Mansion but never been on it. The Mansion is the best dark ride in the country, and it'd be a shame to experience the Christmas version and not the real thing.

That said, if they were to introduce it to WDW, I wouldn't complain. I just think it's better suited to DL and TDL

_Scar

I'm not speaking for him but myself when I say I'd personally rather have Haunted Mansion than Haunted Mansion Holiday.

I only get to go to WDW twice to three times a year, so it's not like I go as much as say a DL or even a TDL guest goes.

And decorations and shows don't ever take away from what the original park offerings offer up. They only add to the experience. HMH subtracts.

ABigBrassBand

The nightmare before x-mas is in my top 5 of IPs id like to see them make into a ride. Along with the lion king, the muppets (a ride to go with the show:cool:), the little mermaid (coming true) and Nemo :lookaroun ...... Transformers would be the 5th.

The seas with nemo and friends?

fabroman

Original Poster
I agree with you on this. I don't like it. And I don't like it that DL turns it into a NBC holiday. Keep the Haunted Mansion as is. Don't change it - even if it is temporary just for a couple of months.

No!, how can you say that??? Even for just a few weeks, it's all us NBC fans have to look forward to. Until there is a stand alone attraction, you guys can wait for about a month. It's not even that bad.

sponono88

They only add to the experience. HMH subtracts.

Really? How so? I actually think HMH surpasses the original HM in some aspects. It's amazing what they're able to do with the temporary overlay.

This coming from someone who hasn't even seen the NBC movie..

RSoxNo1

I was not a fan of the Nightmare Before Christmas movie, but I recognize that it definitely lends itself to a heavily themed ride.

A while ago there was a concept about a ride going to the Streets of America area of DHS, it was probably a very early Blue Sky concept. I would love to see a dark ride in that area.

_Scar

Really? How so? I actually think HMH surpasses the original HM in some aspects. It's amazing what they're able to do with the temporary overlay.

This coming from someone who hasn't even seen the NBC movie..

Normal holiday decorations complement what was already there.

Haunted Mansion Holiday kicks out the normal crew for 1/4 of the year.

You lose Haunted Mansion for 1/4 of the year. It's a subtraction.

And the ride looks like a C/D of an NBC ride. There's no way it surpasses the original Haunted Mansion... No way.

DonaldDoleWhip

Normal holiday decorations complement what was already there.

Haunted Mansion Holiday kicks out the normal crew for 1/4 of the year.

You lose Haunted Mansion for 1/4 of the year. It's a subtraction.

And the ride looks like a C/D of an NBC ride. There's no way it surpasses the original Haunted Mansion... No way.
It would be easy to argue the exact opposite...that HMH adds to what's already at the Haunted Mansion. While on the other hand, during nights when they only show Holiday Wishes (or only Summer Nighttastic Fireworks, or MSEP, etc), it's a subtraction, because Wishes and SpectroMagic are kicked out. Or the typical Main Street music is kicked out for Christmas songs, etc. That's not how I feel, I'd like to see more seasonal overlays.

People who've seen HMH really like it and think it's cool. The logic that a seasonal plus could ruin someone's once-in-a-lifetime trip makes no sense (and if someone's trip is truly once-in-a-lifetime, it doesn't matter if HM is 'ruined' to them, although I doubt it would ruin someone's trip, considering that it's mainly fan boys who obsess about having 'the exact original' or 'what Walt would have wanted' and so on).

I agree with the statement that Guests should do their homework before coming to the park and see that a ride is going to have an overlay for a few months but the thing is that people don't. In DL they can do it at this point because they have been doing it for so long that people know about it. And yes I know that at some point DL had to introduce it to people and I am not sure how they took it the first time, my guess is that it went well other wise they wouldn't have tried again. My guess is that they know that it wouldn't go over well in WDW.

My other guess could be that maybe DL wants it for themselves here in America. It helps to get people who might not normally go to DL go during that time. Has anyone else thought of that one? :drevil:

Shunasee

I happen to be an avid fan of NBC, its one of our family's all time favorites.

If seeing the HM with the overlay is not for you, then plan your trip accordingly.

We are going to WDW next month, and where as I *really* want to see it done up for the holidays, my husband does not. So we planned our inital trip to see the park without any specific themeing. I have to admit I would much rather see SpectroMagic than the Electrical Parade, as we have seen that many times. However that jsut means we have to go back. Its win win IMHO. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom