Nightmare Before Christmas Attraction?

TP2000

Seriously, the closest we'll ever get is the HMH, but that one will not be coming to WDW anytime in the near future...but it will be coming.

So there is a proposal to bring HMH to Magic Kingdom eventually?

Tokyo Disneyland does a fabulous job with their version of Haunted Mansion Holiday. And since the Tokyo Mansion is a nearly exact copy of the WDW version of the attraction, a WDW copy could be made easily. I sometimes wonder if the Tokyo Haunted Mansion Holiday sets/equipment weren't originally meant for WDW and Tokyo scooped it up in 2004 and paid the bill instead? :confused:

The Disneyland Haunted Mansion has a different ride path and scene layout than WDW's, so a direct copy of Disneyland's 2001 Haunted Mansion Holiday sets/equipment wouldn't work or fit in all the WDW scenes. But a copy of Tokyo's version would slot in quite easily I imagine.

Even after a decade it's still wildly popular at Disneyland, and when I've been in Tokyo in October the HMH ride is jam packed there as well.

Horizons1

So there is a proposal to bring HMH to Magic Kingdom eventually?

Tokyo Disneyland does a fabulous job with their version of Haunted Mansion Holiday. And since the Tokyo Mansion is a nearly exact copy of the WDW version of the attraction, a WDW copy could be made easily. I sometimes wonder if the Tokyo Haunted Mansion Holiday sets/equipment weren't originally meant for WDW and Tokyo scooped it up in 2004 and paid the bill instead? :confused:

The Disneyland Haunted Mansion has a different ride path and scene layout than WDW's, so a direct copy of Disneyland's 2001 Haunted Mansion Holiday sets/equipment wouldn't work or fit in all the WDW scenes. But a copy of Tokyo's version would slot in quite easily I imagine.

Even after a decade it's still wildly popular at Disneyland, and when I've been in Tokyo in October the HMH ride is jam packed there as well.

There's always a proposal, but it's just that, a proposal. Just like bringing the CBJ Christmas special back. And the holiday version of IASW has even been proposed. There's a lot that's been proposed, just never acted on.

Bingo. Funds were diverted at the last minute to help with Stitch's Great Escape. That, and TDO got cold feet. :rolleyes:

aladdin2007

There's always a proposal, but it's just that, a proposal. Just like bringing the CBJ Christmas special back. And the holiday version of IASW has even been proposed. There's a lot that's been proposed, just never acted on.

Bingo. Funds were diverted at the last minute to help with Stitch's Great Escape. That, and TDO got cold feet. :rolleyes:

TDO, grrrr

The reason that they don't do it at WDW is because of the fact that WDW attracts more out of state tourist who pay lots of money to get there. How would you feel if you saved up for years to go to WDW and a major attraction wasn't that attraction that you heard about. The reason it works in DL is because DL's guests are mostly locals. My friends from there say its their Six Flags. (Yes I am aware that there are actually 2 six flags in CA) The reason it works in TDL is because again, mostly locals. I can bet that there are plenty of people from other countries who have never even heard of NBC. I love an NBC ride but PLEASE, KEEP IT OUT OF THE HM!!!!

fabroman

Original Poster
Attracting emo's?

I really don't think the ride would attract emo's, as just as it would attract all fans of the movie.
I'm a fan and I'm not emo.

or so i think:ROFLOL:

Horizons1

I really don't think the ride would attract emo's, as just as it would attract all fans of the movie.
I'm a fan and I'm not emo.

or so i think:ROFLOL:

As am I ( a fan, definately not an emo!), but these little emo kids are always wearing NBC clothing or the like. According to their little messed up brains, the movie is very emo. Oh, emo kids. *sigh

want2betink

Well, we live in IL and the only reason we are going to DL is that my DD can go on the HM during the switch over to NBC. Neither her nor myself is EMO. I would love to see a NBC ride and/or meet and greet in WDW. This is DL trip instead of WDW is causing me serious withdrawals :(

IlikeDW

The reason that they don't do it at WDW is because of the fact that WDW attracts more out of state tourist who pay lots of money to get there. How would you feel if you saved up for years to go to WDW and a major attraction wasn't that attraction that you heard about. The reason it works in DL is because DL's guests are mostly locals. My friends from there say its their Six Flags. (Yes I am aware that there are actually 2 six flags in CA) The reason it works in TDL is because again, mostly locals. I can bet that there are plenty of people from other countries who have never even heard of NBC. I love an NBC ride but PLEASE, KEEP IT OUT OF THE HM!!!!

Having experienced Nightmare before Christmas overlay in DL on our one and possibly only trip there my Wife, Daughter and I would have to disagree, was absolutely awesome. (same for Ghost Galaxy)

Having experienced Nightmare before Christmas overlay in DL on our one and possibly only trip there my Wife, Daughter and I would have to disagree, was absolutely awesome. (same for Ghost Galaxy)

But you have been to WDW before. What I am saying is someone from Turkey for instance who this may be their one and only trip to a Disney Park ever would be rather annoyed to find that the haunted mansion wasn't the haunted mansion they expected. Also just someone who doesn't like or never heard of NBC wouldn't be happy either. Giving it its own ride in DHS would be more fitting for WDW than changing a ride.

JustInTime

But you have been to WDW before. What I am saying is someone from Turkey for instance who this may be their one and only trip to a Disney Park ever would be rather annoyed to find that the haunted mansion wasn't the haunted mansion they expected. Also just someone who doesn't like or never heard of NBC wouldn't be happy either. Giving it its own ride in DHS would be more fitting for WDW than changing a ride.

You know...I see your point.

DonaldDoleWhip

By your logic, WDW shouldn't be receiving anything for Summer Nighttastic. Because someone from Turkey might be rather annoyed that the fireworks show isn't Wishes like they expected, or that the nighttime parade isn't Spectomagic like they expected. And the parks shouldn't have any Christmas decorations/music because someone from Turkey might be annoyed that the music on Main Street isn't what they expected, and the Jingle Jungle parade at AK isn't what they expected. Any seasonal overlay could 'ruin' someone's once-in-a-lifetime trip, so WDW should get rid of the few seasonal plusses that it currently does.

:lookaroun

TP2000

I've never seen the NBC movie, and I have no interest in seeing it. That said, I LOVE the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay!

I also love the Small World Holiday overlay, and the new Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy was amazing! It's not like they gut these rides and turn them into something beyond recognition. It's still Haunted Mansion and Small World and Space Mountain, but it has extra stuff added in all themed to a holiday, and it's all done amazingly well.

As is usually the case in these discussions, the folks who have never been on the big Holiday versions dig in their heels and claim these overlays RUIN VACATIONS!. Meanwhile, the folks who have actually been to Disneyland and ridden the Holiday versions say "Hey, that was really cool!" .

However, we have not yet heard from our man in Istanbul to determine how the Turks feel about this. :D

zweltar

I would hate to see a NBC ride in WDW. But then again, I just don't like NBC in general. Never seemed very much like a Disney movie to me.:shrug: Just my personal taste, though...

DisneyNut2007

By your logic, WDW shouldn't be receiving anything for Summer Nighttastic. Because someone from Turkey might be rather annoyed that the fireworks show isn't Wishes like they expected, or that the nighttime parade isn't Spectomagic like they expected. And the parks shouldn't have any Christmas decorations/music because someone from Turkey might be annoyed that the music on Main Street isn't what they expected, and the Jingle Jungle parade at AK isn't what they expected. Any seasonal overlay could 'ruin' someone's once-in-a-lifetime trip, so WDW should get rid of the few seasonal plusses that it currently does.

:lookaroun

Well said.

Also, if there were fewer complaints of this kind, it would probably make the WDW higher-ups even more willing to do seasonal overlays, including bringing back the Country Bear Xmas show.

_Scar

This is perfect for the young adult crowd or even teenagers- especially even for those who tihnk WDW is for little girls and is just pixie dust.

Dizmentia

Haunted Mansion Holiday was my favorite attraction during my 2008 Disneyland visit. With the huge success of Nightmare merchandise, it is puzzling that Walt Disney World does not have something with the characters. I got a pair of Jack Skellington Mickey Mouse ears, which seemed to be the hottest item on property (this was a week before Halloween). There was a Nightmare Before Christmas stand-alone attraction proposal done by artist Christopher Merritt---maybe someday they'll build that.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I would hate to see a NBC ride in WDW. But then again, I just don't like NBC in general. Never seemed very much like a Disney movie to me.:shrug: Just my personal taste, though...

I agree with you on this. I don't like it. And I don't like it that DL turns it into a NBC holiday. Keep the Haunted Mansion as is. Don't change it - even if it is temporary just for a couple of months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom