Nightlife Post PI Closing?

Cubbieman2

Original Poster
I was wondering if their will be any entertaining night life for adults without kids once PI is closed. I never visited the boardwalk clubs...Jelly Rolls and the Atlantic Dance club...are either of those an option. How does the new club at Coronado Springs Compare. It seems my wife and i may not have too many options once we are done with the parks for a day.

Figment571

I was wondering if their will be any entertaining night life for adults without kids once PI is closed. I never visited the boardwalk clubs...Jelly Rolls and the Atlantic Dance club...are either of those an option. How does the new club at Coronado Springs Compare. It seems my wife and i may not have too many options once we are done with the parks for a day.

I don't belive there will be any sir. Disney these days seems perfectly content letting princess, Disney channel, and Nemo overrun everything else. They don't seem to be concerned for older folks who may want to leave the kids for a club or two after the day is thru. Suits still seem to be dictating a lot imo.:shrug:

Jerm

You are looking Jelly Rolls, the dance club(which is nothing of what it used to be), Yeaha Bob at POR on the weekends....and drive to City Walk. It is funny Disney came up with PI to try and keep people from leaving property after the parks closed....now they are driving us away!

liquid toez

I would say your best bet for nightlife comparable to PI would be City Walk, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. Thet have a good band that plays on the outside Plaza Stage (similar to the old PI West End stage) every Friday and Saturday nights - it's free entertainment. Parking is free at night, it's secure, and they have a variety of clubs. I think the price to go to all clubs is $12.

Check it out - it's only about 10 minutes from Pleasure Island.

k.hunter30

I just discovered Jelly Rolls on my latest trip, and we had more fun there than we ever did at any of the Pleasure Island clubs.
Ditto. totally different than most of the PI nightclubs, but more our style I suppose. We had a great time there and, even before hearing that PI would close, planned on going back to Jellyrools over the other options.

I've spent many a nights at PI, but the last two times, it definitely seemed skeevy or something. Anyway, go to Jelly Rolls! It is a BLAST! So not the same scene as PI, but it is a dang good time!

krankenstein

I've always preferred CityWalk to PI. Personally, I will be visiting Universal more often for my after hours need. As far as on property, you always have The Boardwalk. :shrug:

MKCP 1985

If you are staying on property, many of the resorts have bars. Top of the World at the Contemporary has always been a great place to watch the water parade and the fireworks. There is a karaoke bar at the Dolphin/Swan (I forget which - does it matter?) Port Orleans-Riverside has a piano bar. Other live music besides those mentioned - at the Downtown Disney property, you can still find live music at the House of Blues and Raglan Road for starters.

Erin_Akey

My husband and I adore the martini bar by the food court at Pop Century. We aso love Petals- the pool bar there. We don't even go to PI anymore and just stay at the resort. I wonder if many are doing this type of thing which is why PI is closing?

Does anyone know what is going in that space? Or did I miss that somewhere here?

krueg66

It would be nice if Disney cared a little more about adults without kids...not that PI was very much fun anyways but maybe create someplace besides Jelly Rolls and Atlantic Beach for the 21 and over crowd???

I think once they opened up PI to everyone, i.e. no need to have a ticket to enter the area, it went down hill big time. It became a high school kid hangout...not condusive to drinking and having fun for this 30-something.

formercast84

I read that they are closing the inside bar area at Pop Century. Are they trying to "de-adult" the resort complex?

My husband and I adore the martini bar by the food court at Pop Century. We aso love Petals- the pool bar there. We don't even go to PI anymore and just stay at the resort. I wonder if many are doing this type of thing which is why PI is closing?

Does anyone know what is going in that space? Or did I miss that somewhere here?

jt04

I read that they are closing the inside bar area at Pop Century. Are they trying to "de-adult" the resort complex?

They are trying to "de-single adult" the resort and send those patrons to Univesal (which is becoming Uni's target audience). This is wise on both WDW's and Universal's part. And a healthy Universal is good for Disney. So when all you single adult funsters settle down and have kids Disney will be waiting with open arms! Have a nice day :)

gsimpson

I haven't been to Rix yet so I can't comment on that but the couple of places at Boardwalk are ok, not as good as PI. The dance club is usually very dead during most of the week, Jelly Rolls is a good dueling pianos type of spot but I have never been into those, so I tend to stick around the ESPN club. Of course there is also the problem that if you are not staying at one of the Epcot area resorts you have to take at least two buses to get there and then back to your hotel and even though there are countless people that will pontificate about the wonder, majesty, and efficiency of the buses in my experience you will spend at least an hour going each way. The bars at most of the hotels close at 11:00 or so, if there is no crowd sometimes earlier. This has always been something that has been a shortcoming IMO but they don't seem to want to provide anything for the kidless adults who come down there. Hopefully some enterprising group will run shuttles to Church Street Station (used by be great) and City Walk since we are apparently not the type of folks Disney wants at night.

hrcollectibles

I think the inside bar at Pop Century is closed. What time do the resort bars close? Do they close at midnight or do they stay open until 2am? I have been to the Boardwalk a few times. the Dance Hall is HUGE but very dead maybe it will be more lively now that there is no where else to go...

figmentmom

If you are staying on property, many of the resorts have bars. Top of the World at the Contemporary has always been a great place to watch the water parade and the fireworks. There is a karaoke bar at the Dolphin/Swan (I forget which - does it matter?) Port Orleans-Riverside has a piano bar. Other live music besides those mentioned - at the Downtown Disney property, you can still find live music at the House of Blues and Raglan Road for starters.

I have to agree. There are options right on property - you might have to look a bit harder, but there's plenty of nighttime fun to be had. The beauty of it, too, is that if you're staying on-property, you don't have to DRIVE! Disney transportation will get you safely back to your resort.

figmentmom

Disney transportation really is a pain to use between resorts though.

Yes, it is, but you're waaaaaay better off on a bus than behind the wheel of a car if you're planning on imbibing. And if you're just headed to Raglan Road for the music, the bus ride is a direct one from your resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom