1660915869048.png

1660915892504.png

1660915913952.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Direct quote from the “Avenger” on another thread…and it was dismantled before I even could lift a finger.

Just a simple case of “credit where none was due”

Easy, Praetorian 🗡
Sorry for the agro, thought you were transforming mine and others 'winning the streaming wars' into 'destroying Netflix' which is obviously not the case.

Yet. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry for the agro, thought you were transforming mine and others 'winning the streaming wars' into 'destroying Netflix' which is obviously not the case.

Yet. ;)
The comment was “Disney+ destroyed Netflix”…

Which of course isn’t correct at all. Netflix was a pioneer through the “minefield” of streaming…navigating contracts/rights/fees. And mostly Wall Street wanted quick money so it futzed with the stock predictably…

As far as “winning the streaming wars”…it’s above my pay grade. Some are Strong…some are weak…none have made much when the “analysts” are tuned out.

TBD.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The comment was “Disney+ destroyed Netflix”…

Which of course isn’t correct at all. Netflix was a pioneer through the “minefield” of streaming…navigating contracts/rights/fees. And mostly Wall Street wanted quick money so it futzed with the stock predictably…

As far as “winning the streaming wars”…it’s above my pay grade. Some are Strong…some are weak…none have made much when the “analysts” are tuned out.

TBD.

Well just like in life, the streaming wars are not a sprint but a marathon and a last company standing one at that.

So yeah I would agree with you that "destroyed" is wrong, but pulled ahead in the race would be correct for now.

Very long race left to go......

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well just like in life, the streaming wars are not a sprint but a marathon and a last company standing one at that.

So yeah I would agree with you that "destroyed" is wrong, but pulled ahead in the race would be correct for now.

Very long race left to go......
Disney is certainly positioned well
Due to in-house content. Just like parks…a distinct advantage. I do think they’ll have to produce a lot more shows and hours to Maintain momentum.

Netflix has been a little more resilient than i thought five years ago.

Eventually there’ll get bought up…but they’ve managed to stay in there to this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom