Nice Disney Smells

PrincessK

Haha, this is mine and my mother's favorite discussion ever. Here are some of our favorites:

1.) The Emporium on Main Street- not sure what it is, but whenever we're there, the first thing we have to do is walk in there and inhale.
2.) The Great Ceremonial House at the Poly
3.) POTC (I think it's the smell of the overly cholorinated water and A/C)
4.) HM
5.) Main Street in general when all the yummy smells mingle

Erin_Akey

My favorite smell is the smell of Laila perfume that is so prevalent in the gift shop in Norway. it is the only thing I have worn for years and i love it! Geir Ness is such a cool guy too and does a lot for cancer research.

LOVE MY Laila!:sohappy:

I also like the smell of the candy shop in Germany and of the smell of Chef Mickey's too!

dox

Ok..this is probably a bit weird. In the early through at least late 80s, Disney shopping bags were made out of some kind of coated paper and they had the greatest scent. I remember I would collect them, as the designs would often change, and they maintained their scent for years.

TakeMeThere81

Totally churros at Disneyland (I think WDW also?) Anytime we are anywhere that is making anything remotely similar like elephant ears or something, it reminds me of Disney. Also that musky smell from Tower of Terror, probably hot pavement from walking to the parks and the chlorine ride smells and sulfur-train smells. There's a ton.

My all-time memory smell is my Aveeno sunscreen that we used on our last trip. It was a totally new smell, cause I'd never used the sunscreen before, on a totally new trip so it always brings me back.

Try that next time, use a new sunscreen or deodarant, it will create an association that you'll get to experience over and over!

I-4Warrior

Let's see... funnel cakes near the American Adventure... the Main Street Confectionary... sauerkraut wafting through the air at the Germany pavilion... the amalgan of spiced scents in the lobby of the AKL... Gingerbread filling the air in the GF lobby around the holidays...

YodaGirl

I like the smells of the Trading Posts in FW, but my fav is the smell of Main Street! Yummy!

The WORST smell is the way the busses used to smell (they weren't that bad the last time we were down there, however). But no matter how bad the smelt, I kinda miss it. I guess just part of the atmosphere. :lol:

barnebd5

I love the smell at BTM where it smelled like there was gas leaking lol

When I worked at BTM guests would come up to me all the time and say you should tell somebody to check that out and I assured them it was just part of the theming. hahaha :ROFLOL:

I also enjoy the water ride smells lol.

and yes Rome buring is a classic WDW smell.

skellington216

The way Pirates smells. Going through the ride, I guess it's a combo of both the air conditioner running and the water.

My girlfriend and I completely agree. When you pass by the pirate ship the mix of the chlorine water and the mist/fog is our favorite/most memorable scent at both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. We have both had experiences where we would smell something very similar to the smell in the ride and all the imagery from the attraction would come flooding back.

That and anywhere there is a Turkey Leg Stand. MMMMMMMM.
(That one is just me, as my girlfriend is vegetarian.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom