NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

StarWarsGirl

I may be one of the few Cincinnati fans to say this, but my level of dislike for Mayfield is so much more intense than my level of dislike for Roethlisberger. I’ll never forgive him for (trying) to plant that stupid flag.
Ravens fans have a begrudging respect for Rothlisburger. I mean, I don't condone some of the actions of his personal life, but on the field, he's been a tough guy. I honestly don't think that fight between them and the Browns would have escalated had Rothelsburger been on the field. I think Rudolph helped escalate the situation.

Tony Perkis

Apparently some people haven’t paid attention to the NFL since 2017. We’re currently in the second season of Mayfield as QB. He was drafted 2 years ago, in the first round, by the Cleveland Browns. I understand that life gets busy and football isn’t always a priority, but this is pretty much a well known occurrence to anyone who does pay attention to the sport.. or realizing that the Browns played the Bengals this past Sunday, and realizing horrible unbelievable play calling led to the Bengals loss... which led to the comments about Dalton, nothing to do with the division itself, just the game of football.
Someone wouldn’t even need to watch that specific game, there was plenty of highlights and commentary on all of the sports programs and during the other games that day. If someone did miss football altogether the past 2 seasons, then the comments here make a bit more sense... but I’m in 2019, not ‘17... although I would like to go back in time and be a little younger. ;)

I’d love to say “The Bengals are a good team because they went to the playoffs a few years ago!” Unfortunately, that’s not really how sports work, they’ve lost all but one game this season.. worst in the NFL, will finish last in their division for the second consecutive year.. so their past seasons are now irrelevant when talking about the team right now. Welcome to the world of sports. :)
You do realize that football history includes years prior to 2017, right?

I understand you’re likely a new fan, but some of us are a tad more informed about certain preconceived notions about teams.

Tony Perkis

I may be one of the few Cincinnati fans to say this, but my level of dislike for Mayfield is so much more intense than my level of dislike for Roethlisberger. I’ll never forgive him for (trying) to plant that stupid flag.
IdealRespectfulEeve-size_restricted.gif

kong1802

I’m not defending the Browns at all, I’m just defending football knowledge. This convo reminds me of the people who say “OSU doesn’t play anyone!” , just because you heard something once, doesn’t mean that it’s applicable today. Teams change, schedules change, performance changes.
I hate that my team is horrible. Absolutely hate it, wish it was different- because we have the talent to have a much better record than what we have. Why would I be in denial about our record though and pretend that just because we were ahead of the Browns a few years ago, that it somehow makes a difference to where we’re at today?? It doesn’t make any difference. It’s absolutely stupid to pretend that it does. We’re in the 2019 season, no other year.lol

Ok, I have the first draft, let me know your thoughts............

Dear sports fans,

Please stop equating the Browns with losing. Just stop. I know they went winless not too long ago and I know they have the longest playoff drought. I know they are perennial losers, however, they have done better the last two years (still didn't make the playoffs, but better). Please, replace your Cleveland Brown jokes with Cincinatti Bengals jokes, since they are worse this year. Forget the history, and just make NFL jokes based off the current year please.

Signed,

Stamps

You can make any corrections you see fit. Then we will get the word out. The poor Browns have suffered enough, after all....

OneofThree

Cheaters always going to cheat, even the Pats.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". - Vince Lombardi

Yawn.

Common sense likely will prevail in Spygate 2

If that happens, it’s the right outcome. There’s no reason to believe that the taping of the Bengals sideline by a videographer who was trying to show what an advance scout does was anything other than a boneheaded mistake. If it were a deliberate act of espionage, it would have been audacious; the taping occurred in plain sight, with no effort to conceal the activity by a person with a camera in his possession and a Patriots logo on his polo shirt.

That said, it would be prudent for the league to confirm that no digital trail exists from the individuals on the video crew to any members of the football operations. It’s possible, in theory, that back channels exist for using such information in a way that would transpire with coach Bill Belichick knowing nothing about it.

The Patriots should welcome that effort, if (as it appears) this entire situation was an honest mistake. A ridiculous dumb and borderline inexplicable mistake, but an honest mistake nonetheless.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/10/common-sense-likely-will-prevail-in-spygate-2/

Lilofan

Yawn.

Common sense likely will prevail in Spygate 2

If that happens, it’s the right outcome. There’s no reason to believe that the taping of the Bengals sideline by a videographer who was trying to show what an advance scout does was anything other than a boneheaded mistake. If it were a deliberate act of espionage, it would have been audacious; the taping occurred in plain sight, with no effort to conceal the activity by a person with a camera in his possession and a Patriots logo on his polo shirt.

That said, it would be prudent for the league to confirm that no digital trail exists from the individuals on the video crew to any members of the football operations. It’s possible, in theory, that back channels exist for using such information in a way that would transpire with coach Bill Belichick knowing nothing about it.

The Patriots should welcome that effort, if (as it appears) this entire situation was an honest mistake. A ridiculous dumb and borderline inexplicable mistake, but an honest mistake nonetheless.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/10/common-sense-likely-will-prevail-in-spygate-2/
Yawn is right. Spygate2. Boneheaded mistake and claim to forgot to tell the Bengals in advance?. And coach says he didn't know anything about it? Pats caught with their pants down and got caught cheating again. Antonio Brown is looking for a job and he can catch the ball. Off topic, the Pats know the loopholes in how to take advantage of the salary cap. Paying Brady way less annually than other star quarterbacks, brand his name on a shady sports medicine clinic next to the stadium. Brady then gets his millions he makes annually in the Sports Medicine deal. Then the Pats with the money they would have paid Brady, they go shopping and have more money to spend on players.

Last edited:

21stamps

I dont even know why they'd have to film the Bengals sideline anyway, like...what are you trying to find? Signs? Plays? If it's to do "scouting" that's what watching film throughout the week is for.

It wouldn’t do much good either way. 😂
Here’s an article on what I was talking about on Sunday, maybe people here will understand the frustration now if it’s spelled out simply..and if people know who Joe Mixon is.
I don’t think the Patriots could learn too much from the Bengals that day.

Most notably, the Bengals had a first-and-goal from the 2-yard line and never gave the ball to Joe Mixon before settling for a field goal in the fourth quarter. Dalton was sacked for an eight-yard loss on first down and threw two incomplete passes before Randy Bullock made a 28-yard field goal to cut the Browns’ lead to 21-16 with 4:39 left.

Earlier in the quarter, Dalton was stopped short of the goal line on a draw play on fourth-and-goal from the 4-yard line.

—-

But Hey, the Bengals are 0-7 post season since how long ago?.. but at least they got there, and they weren’t in last place until the 2018 season.. So, that must equate to a successful program all around, especially in 2019! It’s wonderful being a Bengals fan 😂

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I dont even know why they'd have to film the Bengals sideline anyway, like...what are you trying to find? Signs? Plays? If it's to do "scouting" that's what watching film throughout the week is for.

filming was used to improve the capture and transcription of signs to play after the fact. It's the same process, but greatly 'helped' by having the motion video to be able to replay and correlate with other data.

kong1802

Yawn is right. Spygate2. Boneheaded mistake and claim to forgot to tell the Bengals in advance?. And coach says he didn't know anything about it? Pats caught with their pants down and got caught cheating again. Antonio Brown is looking for a job and he can catch the ball. Off topic, the Pats know the loopholes in how to take advantage of the salary cap. Paying Brady way less annually than other star quarterbacks, brand his name on a shady sports medicine clinic next to the stadium. Brady then gets his millions he makes annually in the Sports Medicine deal. Then the Pats with the money they would have paid Brady, they go shopping and have more money to spend on players.

Fool me once.....

Lilofan

Antonio Brown who the Pats released seems to be attracting about 20 teams that are looking for his services. With his personal history drama seems like teams are willing to take a chance?

Anders Limpar

Antonio Brown who the Pats released seems to be attracting about 20 teams that are looking for his services. With his personal history drama seems like teams are willing to take a chance?

Where exactly is this coming from? He's flip flopped a dozen times on whether or not he wants to play in the NFL again. He's a nutter.
Caveat emptor

Lilofan

Cheaters always going to cheat, even the Pats.

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing". - Vince Lombardi
Pats suspended guy videotaping Bengals team branch sidelines. Champs that cheat.. When confronted by Bengals security, Pats guy said " I'm sorry".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom