NFL 2019-20 Discussion Thread

StarWarsGirl

John Harbaugh is a whiny b*tch as much as Tom Brady is every time he flops when he's barely touched to get a roughing the passer call.
Yeah seriously. Like when he was looking for the flag yesterday during Q1 and then was whining to the refs about it. Ironic part was he got an intentional grounding call.

As a Ravens fan, I have way more respect for other QBs. Rothelsburger, Peyton Manning...both were better. And tougher.

Also, Harbaugh doesn't sit on the field crying after a loss.

StarWarsGirl

FB_IMG_1572903219242.jpg

PUSH

Original Poster
Packers improve to 8-2! Not where I expected the Packers to be after 10 games, but I'll definitely take it. Especially since the Packers have had the 2nd toughest schedule so far this season. Almost every game has come against a team with a winning record.

Next week is our bye, followed by a trip to San Francisco to take on the (currently) undefeated 49ers. I don't like the Seahawks, but I will be cheering for them tomorrow night!

Minnesota disney fan

Garrett should be thrown out of football entirely, forever!. That type of strong hit on top of a bare head with a hard object could have badly injured the quarterback or even worse! The NFL needs to start weeding out the bad apples and not only keep them for the money to be made, IMO. That was inexcusable!!!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

And Garrett's apparently appealing the suspension. On what planet does he think that's going to be overturned?

21stamps

Garrett should be thrown out of football entirely, forever!. That type of strong hit on top of a bare head with a hard object could have badly injured the quarterback or even worse! The NFL needs to start weeding out the bad apples and not only keep them for the money to be made, IMO. That was inexcusable!!!

Agree 100%

And Garrett's apparently appealing the suspension. On what planet does he think that's going to be overturned?

he’s out of his mind.

Lilofan

So if Garrett should be banned forever how about the pitcher that purposely beans a batters head with a 100 mph fastball?? That pitch could possibly kill someone. Garrett will probably do his 1 year ban and say he's sorry. Nothing more.

Tony Perkis

Garrett should not be thrown out of football, nor will he, and frankly, it would be tone deaf as all hell for the NFL to do so. They’d basically be saying “this one on-field incident is a worse offense than a player beating their girlfriend”.

If Garrett made an unprovoked move, then I could see the argument, but motive matters in cases like these.

Garrett was clearly not the instigator in this case, and while his suspension is much deserved, there are multiple guilty parties in this case and need to all be taken into account.

1ABD9CEB-C7DC-4B4B-8C66-2EBCBA247D45.jpeg

Not only should he not be kicked out of the league, but Mason Rudolph deserves suspension as well.

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

He’s definitely not appealing to get his suspension overturned. He’s almost assuredly appealing to get the “indefinitely” status changed to a more finite number of games.

Tony Perkis

Agree 100%
he’s out of his mind.

No, he is not out of his mind. He’s very intelligently utilizing a process afforded to him by the current collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the NFLPA, and as I mentioned in my previous point, he’s clearly not appealing for a complete overturn.

He, the NFLPA, and his agent 100% know that is unrealistic, so they’re very likely appealing the NFL to change the “indefinitely” status to something more absolute, such as “6 games” or “for the rest of the season” so that the NFL doesn’t have control over his career and his future with him completely out of the loop.

Additionally, he likely has a decent shot of winning this, because there will be additional pressure from the Cleveland Browns organization, who will need to know how to conduct their team operations, personnel and scheme wise, and don’t want the NFL to hang them out to dry due to unnecessary uncertainty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom