NFL 2017 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
What a game for the Packers! Aaron Rodgers beats the Bengals for the first time in his career (making the Packers the only team he hasn't beaten), as well as gets his first overtime victory of his career (regular season and playoffs). Looking at our overtime games under Rodgers, most of the games we lost the coin toss and it was a situation where the team who gets the ball first wins - and our defenses have been atrocious.

It will be tough against Chicago, though. Coming off the hottest game ever played at Lambeau Field, overtime, and on a short week.

Lucky

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I'm a big fan of games decided by long field goal attempts with time expiring. You don't see many 61-yarders.

PUSH

Original Poster
Two significant stats from last night's game. Clay Matthews became the Packers' all-time sack leader, recording his 75th on a strip sack in the first quarter. The Packers also took the all-time lead in the Packers-Bears rivalry. Their first lead since 1933.

Dad 2 M & M

Down here in atlanta...with our Elite Offense...and state of the art new Stadium...the roof remained closed.... to make communication more problematic???

PUSH

Original Poster
The Browns bench rookie QB DeShone Kizer to start the second half of their game against the Jets. Kevin Hogan is now in.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I'm really surprised by the Jaguars recently. They smashed the Ravens and the Steelers but couldnt contain lesser teams in the Titans and Jets. They need to do that to everybody.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Couple things to point out from today:
-Aaron Rodgers is a bad man. No idea why Dallas even thought it was a good idea to give him a minute and some change left on the clock, we all saw what he can do in the clutch. Dallas also isnt this team we should all be worried about like they apparently were last season.
-The Giants...are BAD. I think the Eli era is gonna be coming to an end very soon

PUSH

Original Poster
What a game in Dallas! The Packers have a knack for miraculous wins against Dallas recently.

And to start the game off... totally horrendous call that gave Dallas an extra four points on the opening drive. So really, it shouldn't have come down to that last drive. But I'm so happy my Packers pulled it off once again! Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league. There's no other QB who can use his legs and arm like he needed to on that final drive. Aaron Jones also looks phenomenal. And I had him sitting on my fantasy bench... but nobody knew if it was going to be him or Jamaal Williams starting at RB. But I did start Davante Adams! He had a slump in his second year, but he is going to get paid after this season. Top 20 receiver, IMO. He always finds the endzone, and he doesn't drop a lot of passes. Happy for him after that terrible hit against Chicago.

21stamps

The Bengals may still be in the game this season. Hopefully things continue on this upward motion. Maybe we just got the bad out early.

Not holding my breath yet, but cautiously optimistic.

PUSH

Original Poster
JJ Watt goes down, and it's been reported that while looking at him on the field, they focused on his ACL and MCL. He was visibly fighting back tears as he was being helped walking off the field.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom