NFL 2014 Off-Season Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Also, I think the biggest news coming from the NFL in recent weeks is that Rich Eisen set a new personal best in his Run Rich Run segment at the combine. He got under 6 (5.98) seconds in the 40-yrd dash for the first time since he started doing it 10 years ago. Way to go, Rich!

PUSH

Original Poster
I guess Richie Incognito trashed his Ferrari with a baseball bat.... makes sense.

LwH3om9.png

PUSH

Original Poster
Some news of resignings:

- Jeremy Maclin (WR, Eagles) is being retained on a 1 year deal after spending all of last season on IR
- Riley Cooper (WR, Eagles) signs a 5-year deal with the Eagles
- Dennis Pitta (TE, Ravens) agrees to a 5-year deal with Baltimore
- Donald Butler (LB, Chargers) agrees to terms with San Diego
- Graham Gano (K, Panthers) signs a 4-year deal with the team
- Roberta Garza (C, Bears) signs 1-year deal with the team
- Jason Kelce (C, Eagles) resigned with the team

And some releases:

- D'Qwell Jackson (LB, Browns)
- Vonta Leach (FB, Ravens)
- Jameel McClain (LB, Ravens)

Some potential franchise tag developments:

- Panthers inform Greg Hardy (DE) that he will receive the tag
- Jarius Byrd (S) and the Bills have had "pleasant" talks

Some potential salary cap casualties:

- Demarcus Ware (LB/DE, Cowboys)
- Ahtyba Rubin (DL, Browns)

And a potential retirement:

- Charles Woodson (S, Raiders)

PUSH

Original Poster
Sam Shields will reportedly hit the open market after they Packers could not reach an agreement with him. They do not want to place the franchise tag on him, as it would but about $11 million for a cornerback. He could still wind up as a Packer if the market isn't friendly toward him. It's supposedly a deep cornerback class in free agency this year.

Foolish Mortal

I like all of my Eagles re-signings. Cooper got way too much for a breakout season. Prove it over a few years and then give him that money. Maclin was a good deal for both sides. Eagles 1st round pick should be very interesting.

Lee

Adventurer
Better than Seattle and Jacksonville, still not sold on them though. The numbers look like a digital clock.
Better than Seattle? No, sir.
NO unis in any sport are better than Seattle.

I liked the previous red/copper Bucs uniforms better than that....thing...up there.

My Titans are certainly due for a change.

PUSH

Original Poster
Better than Seattle? No, sir.
NO unis in any sport are better than Seattle.

I liked the previous red/copper Bucs uniforms better than that....thing...up there.

My Titans are certainly due for a change.
I dislike the Seahawks uniforms. I'm more of a traditional uniform guy. Packers, 49ers, Bears, etc.

I think the Eagles uniforms look very outdated as they just scream 90s. The Patriots need some work, too. Along with the Titans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom