NFL 2014 Off-Season Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Remember that weekend last season with all the snow? Well this would have been fun to watch! (From a TV in a warm environment, that is)

1896745_821025101246217_372968415_n.jpg

The picture was taken today.

Robin Of Loxley

Seahawks are talking dynasty. I realize every team is gunning for that after just winning the Super Bowl. But something about the 'Hawks tells me this is more serious than post-championship optimism. If everyone stays healthy, I can see this team being a force to be reckoned with for many-a-season to come.

PUSH

Original Poster
Seahawks are talking dynasty. I realize every team is gunning for that after just winning the Super Bowl. But something about the 'Hawks tells me this is more serious than post-championship optimism. If everyone stays healthy, I can see this team being a force to be reckoned with for many-a-season to come.
They'll be a dominant team for the next couple years at least. Once Russell Wilson's contract comes due, they will no longer be able to afford their stud defense. The 49ers have that coming up this season, as Kaepernick is on the last year of his contract. If you manage the salary cap well after the QB's big pay day, you can remain a contender every year.

I think it's too difficult for anyone to establish a true dynasty anymore. To me, a dynasty is 3 Super Bowl wins in a relatively short time period, and that's too much for a team to achieve in these NFL times. However, if anyone can achieve it, I would pick the Seahawks to do so.

Just my take on it.

Robin Of Loxley

I haven't decided yet if I like this guy's confidence, or utterly cannot stand him.

Johnny Manziel Sends Dorito-Themed Threat To Houston Texans
"Johnny Manziel already has one of the best sports nicknames out there in Johnny Football.
But if the Houston Texans, who have the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft, pass him up, Frito-Lay could be looking at the biggest client to ever land in their lap thanks to what we hope to be a fantastic chip-themed nickname based on his latest comments.

Manziel is expected to go to the Texans, but if Houston decides to pass on the Texas A&M god, he has a message for them.

“It would be the worst decision they’ve ever made,” he told Houston Chronicle.

That’s because the Jacksonville Jaguars — who have the third overall pick — would likely draft Manziel, meaning he’d be playing against the division-rival Texans twice a year. Something tells us he’d like to make them pay for their draft blunder.

“I’d be in the same division playing against them twice a year,” he explained. “Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito.”
This begs the question: Fritos or Doritos?"

http://nesn.com/2014/02/johnny-manziel-sends-dorito-themed-threat-to-houston-texans/

Oh, and my plea to the sports world is this: Please, please, I beg of you in the name of all that is good....do NOT turn "Frito into a Dorito" into a catch phrase. No. Just don't.

jw24

They'll be a dominant team for the next couple years at least. Once Russell Wilson's contract comes due, they will no longer be able to afford their stud defense. The 49ers have that coming up this season, as Kaepernick is on the last year of his contract. If you manage the salary cap well after the QB's big pay day, you can remain a contender every year.

I think it's too difficult for anyone to establish a true dynasty anymore. To me, a dynasty is 3 Super Bowl wins in a relatively short time period, and that's too much for a team to achieve in these NFL times. However, if anyone can achieve it, I would pick the Seahawks to do so.

Just my take on it.

The salary cap will definitely play a huge role and I think Wilson will definitely a get a big deal of some sort and they'll be some casualties. Plus Lynch will be turning 30 two years from now, the dreaded age where NFL teams typically cut their RBs and go young again. Question is, how long can Beast Mode last? And given how it's hard to for any team to repeat these days, I doubt Seattle will repeat. They have a tough road schedule. Besides their NFC West rivals and Washington, they got to go KC, SD, Philly and Carolina. Not easy games.

PUSH

Original Poster
The salary cap will definitely play a huge role and I think Wilson will definitely a get a big deal of some sort and they'll be some casualties. Plus Lynch will be turning 30 two years from now, the dreaded age where NFL teams typically cut their RBs and go young again. Question is, how long can Beast Mode last? And given how it's hard to for any team to repeat these days, I doubt Seattle will repeat. They have a tough road schedule. Besides their NFC West rivals and Washington, they got to go KC, SD, Philly and Carolina. Not easy games.
Lynch's aggressive style also isn't good for his career length. Not that I would change the way he plays; I love his aggressive style. The Seahawks also have Green Bay. Granted, it's at home, but the Cardinals proved they can be beaten at home. And I'm sure the Packers will be thirsty to avenge that Fail Mary game.

Speaking of that, I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle/Green Bay is the season opener. The only other contender would be Seattle/San Fran, but I would think they would like that to be at the end of the year.

Zweiland

New helmet and logo for the Buccaneers:

0ap2000000327082.jpg

I'm not sure I like the facemask or the new logo. It just seems like a cartoon version of their old one. not sure I like the size, either.
Wow... IMO that logo takes up way too much space on the helmet. It seems like it will be more of a distraction than anything else. :confused:

jw24

I'm glad they didn't get a complete makeover. They kept the same basic pirate flag design, just tweaked things a bit. Although yeah, I have to say. It does look too big. It's like a zoomed in close up shot of the Bucs NFL helmet decal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom