Nextel to sponsor Spaceship Earth?

DarkMeasures

Original Poster
According to Screamscape, this might happen. And I am surprised nobody has yet to report this even if Screamscape isn't very credible.

<i>Park News - (8/27/04) Screamscape has heard a rumor that Disney may be in talks with Nextel about taking over sponsorship of Spaceship Earth and a Nextel version of the old AT&T Global Neighborhood post-ride area.</i>

From what is sounds like, there would be almost ne rehab and just the replacement of AT&T logos with Nextel logos.

Yen_Sid1

I was wondering when they would sponsor something. Nextel is the official cell phone of WDW. Soon all cast members will be using Nextel phones instead of those old Motorola walkie-talkies.

BwanaBob

Yeah...THATS what I want...

another voice-over/re-recording of the SSE audio to add in the "CHIRP-CHIRP" of the Nextel feature over....and over....and over.....and over...

I can hear it now: *in the old 'Global Neighborhood' girl's voice*

"(CHIRP-CHIRP!) Hello! ...and welcome to Nextel's Global Neighborhood!"

:brick:

StevenT

IF screamscape is right (which is a really big "if") then that would be really great. That would mean that finally some money will invested in SpaceShip earth, and they'll be forced to remove all of those stray ATT logos they missed when they left.

symbasys

BwanaBob said:

I have to say, I DON'T miss that girl's annoying voice at the end. Very grating.

It would be cool if they get a new sponsor to pump some life into SSE. I still enjoy the ride, but always come out wishing that they would do something with the herky-jerky ride mechanism.

NemoRocks78

Seized
BwanaBob said:

another voice-over/re-recording of the SSE audio to add in the "CHIRP-CHIRP" of the Nextel feature over....and over....and over.....and over...

:lol:

I'm not too sure about Nextel....it'd be nice to have a new sponsor and all, but Nextel really isn't into the whole "future" thing like AT&T seemed to be. I still think Microsoft should sponsor, but if a sponsorship with Nextel means a rehab, then I'm all for it.

Atta83

Lets just say i have the best reception now in the parks! And i have good reception in the tunnels as well. I think it would be great if Nextel Motorola came over. They had stuff in EPCOT a few years ago with the motorola side.

dxwwf3

When did Nextel take over from Verizon in being the official WDW cell phone company? I surprised I never heard that.

Garco

I don't understand how this would change the riding experience of anybody. Sure, its good to hear that a company is willing to help out Disney with Spaceship Earth, but will anybody really be that affected by a Nextel sign and a mentioning of their name at the end of the ride?

Tim G

ScreamScape :)

ScreamScape :D

ScreamScape :lol:

ScreamScape AARRGGHHH!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you really want to be mis-informed.... Go to ScreamScape

Only A lot of noise!

Greetz :D

speck76

BwanaBob said:

The funny thing is I have a Nextel phone, and the coverage I get at WDW is very, very bad.

Welcome to SSE, sponsored by Nextel, no, your Nextel phone will not work in this area. :lookaroun

Yen_Sid1

speck76 said:
The funny thing is I have a Nextel phone, and the coverage I get at WDW is very, very bad.

Welcome to SSE, sponsored by Nextel, no, your Nextel phone will not work in this area. :lookaroun

I think you should get your phone looked at then. Check the cast members, they all have Nextel phones. Epcot is the first place to try the phones, soon they will be all over WDW.

Atta83

speck76 said:

My phone works fine everywhere, even in the tunnels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom