Next Imagineering field Guide is.......

DisneyWales

Original Poster

BeachClubVillas

Interesting choice....I would have thought that they would go chronologically.

I think it makes sense that they're looking to capitalize on the momentum AK has generated from the opening of Everest and the recent announcement of AKL DVC. Maybe they're waiting for Toy Story Mania to open at MGM before publishing that Field Guide.

Moustronaut

I think this makes sense. Animal Kingdom has many more and more complex theming elements than MGM, at least in my opinion. Plus they really need to explian the Dinoland USA theming. :ROFLOL:

sweetale

(To reply to my own post!) It is available on the shelves June 1st and is available for preorder at Amazon.com for $9.95. I'm excited, I love these books :D .

~Amy

AEfx

It was expected that they would do AK first; MGM is perhaps my favorite non-MK park, but it's identity crisis and history aren't going to make for the type of Field Guide the other parks will. It simply isn't as cohesive, and with the possibly pending name/theme change (this is the first time I actually believe the rumors, and I honestly think the rebranding with co-incide with Mid-Way Maddness), it just makes sense.

I'm looking forward to this one, because unlike the MK and to a lesser extent Epcot, where there was really a lot of information that any Disney fan would already know (the forced-perspective on Main Street, for example), I'm looking forward to learning some things about AK that may not be "common" knowledge among Disney-fans.

AEfx

mkepcotmgmak

I think this makes sense. Animal Kingdom has many more and more complex theming elements than MGM, at least in my opinion. Plus they really need to explian the Dinoland USA theming. :ROFLOL:

you could write an entire book on hollywood blvd., alone - most of those buildings are replicas of historic places in hollywood...

i think they are holding off on mgm because there are big things in mgms not so far off future...

DisneyMusician2

I don't know...I just think there are A LOT of past and future changes to MGM, and it is hard to nail down all of the things that are going on there. I am just thinking that they are waiting for a few things to settle down there before they even make an attempt at that one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How about they just work on getting the Genesis book out first? Over a year and still on hold. If it`s out in Septmeber I`ll eat my (Figment) hat.

imamouse

Also available for pre-order at Amazon; The Disney Mountains: Imagineering At Its Peak by Jason Surrells. Jason has written several attraction behind the scenes books, such as, The Art of the Haunted Mansion, The Haunted Mansion from the MK to the Movies and POTC, from the MK to the Movies. He's also written a book about writing Disney screenplays.

Amazon has a bundle price for both the Disney Mountains book (cool cover art) at the Imagineering Field Guide to AK for $23.52 (plus S&H). If you order $25, then shipping is free.

Figment82

I love the Imagineering Field Guides so I'm very excited to hear the next edition it on its way. Yes, I already knew the vast majority of information contained in the MK and Epcot books, but they are nicely put together and well-written. The Mountains book sounds very interesting - I'll have to look into that as well.

I've always thought Disney should make a book around the "Art of Animal Kingdom." Those little hidden details that most people walk by without a second glance. I took the Wild by Design tour a few years ago and loved it and always thought a book would be a nice companion. If they're looking for an author, I'd be happy to step forward. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've always thought Disney should make a book around the "Art of Animal Kingdom." Those little hidden details that most people walk by without a second glance. I took the Wild by Design tour a few years ago and loved it and always thought a book would be a nice companion. If they're looking for an author, I'd be happy to step forward. :)
The Making of Disneys Animal Kingdom Theme Park (1998 ISBN 0 7868 6402 8) has an awful lot of park details in it.

WDWFREAK53

How about they just work on getting the Genesis book out first? Over a year and still on hold. If it`s out in Septmeber I`ll eat my (Figment) hat.

What do you mean? Mine is saying that it's arriving between May 23 and May 25. :lookaroun :lol:

Yeah...THAT might happen.

I think I ordered it back in March of last year :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What do you mean? Mine is saying that it's arriving between May 23 and May 25. :lookaroun :lol:

Yeah...THAT might happen.

I think I ordered it back in March of last year :lol:
I stand corrected... my order now says May 31, 2007 - June 14, 2007 though I`m not holding my breath.

Placed February 19th 2006 :mad:

Boray

Are you referring to Walt Disney's Legends of Imagineering and the Genesis of the Disney Theme Park? Amazon says it will be available on September 1, 2007. (Looks like an interesting book.) It's a shame that that's taken (apparantly) so long to release.

I look forward to that one and the new Field Guide (I have the other two.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ yes, I am. That`s what the site said, but I just checked my 13 month old preorder and it does indeed say end of May. Not that I`m holding my breath on this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom