Next Gen Busses

John park hopper

When I go to WDW I expect to see Disney characters Mickey,, Goofy etc etc. Seeing busses on site or off site with characters pictures and nothing else is not a glaring advertisement for Disney--- far from an Atlanta Marta bus. I know my granddaughters will love seeing the busses. We all have our likes and dislikes I suppose

FigmentFan82

No, the comparison would be McDonald's spending money to advertise McDonald's INSIDE a McDonald's.

Those are park-resort-Disney Springs buses. Meaning if you can see those buses you are on Disney property. If you are on Disney property you don't need to see a giant Mickey head on a bus to be reminded of Mickey Mouse. If Disney thinks the microscopic gain they would see from putting those gaudy ads on resort buses is worth their primary transportation looking like a MARTA bus in metro Atlanta then what many here have been saying is true, they really are out of touch. There are examples in this very thread of bus overlays that when taken at face value are nothing more than ads for current products Disney wants to sell but were done in a way that A) looks unique to the resort and B) actually increases awareness of something.
Disney also has billboards advertising their parks within the resort. I'll tell you what I think would be lame, is if a WDW bus pulled up to my resort for pickup and it looked just like any other city transit bus. Not liking the wraps is fine, but in no way does that signal some indication that TDO has lost its way and can't be creative anymore. The wraps are simple, yes, perhaps many would have preferred something more elaborate. But when a bus is driving past you on the road, you don't necessarily have time to take in all the little details. This simple design brands the buses in an effective and easy to see way. I simply don't see this as a negative that so many do. The change may not be one to your liking, but I don't think its a regress of progress.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

A Disney intern sits at their computer, finalizing their digital concept for their vague instructions: “create a Mickey-inspired bus wrap.”

A marketing executive walks by and peers over the intern’s shoulder. “Hmm...” he grabs the mouse from the intern’s hand. “What if... the character... was the bus?” He clicks the generic Mickey clipart box and stretches it across the whole bus.

“Perfect!”

No Name

its a brand new bus. why complain? complainers usualy have the loudest voices. doesn't mean they're right

Considering you’ve posted 20+ times on this thread just complaining about people giving their criticism of the wraps, without ever comprehending or addressing said criticism, I would say you are the loudest complainer.

I would hate if moderators had to get involved but please stop clogging up the thread. This will be my last reply to you.

edit: this also applies to the post above mine and any other baseless snarky comments that don’t actually address the criticism laid out in this thread

Tony the Tigger

Haven't read the whole thread but , is it wrong to quite like the look of the new busses ?

6F9767EA-1880-4D71-8E0C-5797F10B7DF9.jpeg

build_it

So, just as a matter of perspective on the on-site resort buses.... And I'm not talking about the Myers buses or DCL buses.
For starters - a plain white bus - likely how they arrive at WDW.

An old style Disney Transport bus.

A newer style Disney Transport bus.

The just announced Disney Bus.

Just thought I'd pull some images together to get an idea of the on-site look over the years.

wedenterprises

A Disney intern sits at their computer, finalizing their digital concept for their vague instructions: “create a Mickey-inspired bus wrap.”

A marketing executive walks by and peers over the intern’s shoulder. “Hmm...” he grabs the mouse from the intern’s hand. “What if... the character... was the bus?” He clicks the generic Mickey clipart box and stretches it across the whole bus.

“Perfect!”

This exactly.

Rteetz

They are using the new buses already. Just not ones with the paint scheme. I saw a few of them at MK this morning. My bus driver commented that they were the new buses. Didn’t get to ride one. They are all white.

Surfin' Tuna

I would have preferred something a little more subtle than this, but they could have won me over with one simple decision. Let's put a different character on every bus. I think there are about 400 buses currently, and they have more character than that if you count all of the characters. This would have been too expensive, so I am sure we will soon be awash in 400 buses all bearing the big six on them. I just want to know who the clown is that think everything has to be all characters all the time. We all fell in love with WDW when it was not like this. Were we all wrong then? It's just an insult to the fans in my opinion. "Little kids like stickers, so everyone would love really big stickers right guys?" Says the guy getting a big raise for the beautiful new designs.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Disney NEEDS to offer different types of environments to appeal to all their guests. We can’t even agree on this site what we all want and we’re the “real fans”. I’m not saying this to knock either side, just to show the need. When my wife and I go by ourselves, we tend to stay at resort with less overt theming (although we do stay at values like pop and movies). When we go with our little guy, we intentionally stay where there is more overt theming or AKL because he loves animals. I personally liked when Disney had a more simple design. But the new doesn’t “bother me”. I could see this being a good “child entertainer” when you have to wait for a bus and a young kid sees these character busses rolling in (“look dad Mickey! Look it’s goofy!”). If they’re going to do this, I’d personally like to see more than just six characters, although I know we would quickly face the issue of, “but I want to ride the Elsa bus!” It May not be my favorite, but I’m not loosing any sleep either. If this makes the busses feel more distinct inside the “bubble” than a normal city bus (and create more mech opportunities I’m sure) than I understand the move.

tissandtully

My only concern is that we didn't see any sort of new engine tech in these new buses, like hybrid drive, etc. I guess they weren't happy with the testing on those?

scottieRoss

Putting a large character image on a bus is redundant and pandering to the stupid people that come to the resort expecting to see characters and fill out Disney surveys requesting more characters. I mean what do they actually know compared to use the Theme Park elite.
This is almost as ridiculous as building a castle in the middle of a theme park that is themed for a movie that will not come out for a few years as an advertisement for said movie. Or worse yet, taking a great concept like a night time parade with millions of twinkling lights and slapping characters all over the floats. The guests already know they are in Disney, why would they want to remind people of that fact by parading a dragon down the street. You know, a dragon that has no other appearances in said theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom