Next Attraction For DAK?

I agree bears are needed in Animal Kingdom. Don't you think Camp Minnie Mickey will be a great location to add a bear exibit. If they don't add beastly kingdom they should add something.

Maybe they could add Fox and the Hound somewhere in the park. It is about animals, and there is a vicious bear in it.

The thing is would a bear ride be too much of a clash with the country bear jamboree in the magic kingdom ?

IS there any rides that Disney Land or Californias adventure that Disney World doesnt have that would fit in the Animal Kingdom?

Expedition is sort of like Matterhorn ( i mean in theme) so I am thinking if there are any other rides that can fit in animal kingdom that we dont have one of?

Grizzly BEAR Run at DCA?

RiversideBunny

There could be something like 'Journey Through Alaska'.
Many animals could be included, both from land and sea.
That would cover some animals that don't come from Africa or Asia.

:)

ToTBellHop

Bad, bad idea. If you thought Kali River Rapids was bad, you really don't want Grizzly River Rapids there. It's pretty much the same thing anyway...without the great theming of Kali.
I actually think Grizzly River Run is better than Kali. Certainly as a raft ride, it is--and it's apparently getting some animatronics soon. Still, AK certainly doesn't need two raft rides or even two water rides. It needs a family-friendly dark ride.

RSoxNo1

Bad, bad idea. If you thought Kali River Rapids was bad, you really don't want Grizzly River Rapids there. It's pretty much the same thing anyway...without the great theming of Kali.

I haven't been on Grizzly River Rapids, but my understanding is that it's a substantially better ride than Kali. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but the general consensus is that while the queue for Kali is very impressive, the ride is quite underwhelming.

Unplugged

I think Camp Minnie-Mickey should go for a more North American approach...forestry type themeing with a few new rides (Western River Expedition or Geyser Mountain).

Could be interesting. They could do what they do best with the cookie cutter approach in that all the engineering has been done for the Yeti, why not make another dyed brown and call him Sasquatch and hide him in the trees? They could build Pyroclastic Mountain, where you ride the mudflow down the mountain dodging trees, cabins, and d__________g under bridges; throw in a Starbucks stand; play Grunge versions of the Disney music in the background; have Microsoft sponser the attraction, and walla....a Northwestern themed area. :lol:

(BTW...just making a joke, no offense intended with the quote referenced)

erasure fan1

Do you mean a Lion King attraction similiar to the one that use to be at the Magic Kingdom?

What Lion king attraction is that? The only attractions for the lion king are epcot and animal kingdom. Unless I completely missed something.

The other Idea I would like to see in the animal kingdom would be the arctic. Something like wild arctic at seaworld, you get on the ride (it doesnt have to be a motion sim.) and it dumps you off in a nice COOL arctic walkthrough. You could also have an option to walk to get to the exhibit. I think it could be nice, and a great way to cool off in the so very HOT animal kingdom.

erasure fan1

Legend of the Lion King that played where Philharmagic is currently located.

Was that a show that used puppets? Now that you say the name I think I do remember it. Anyway, 3 shows for my all time favorite disney movie isnt good enough, I want a real attraction.

Disneyfan1981

I haven't been on Grizzly River Rapids, but my understanding is that it's a substantially better ride than Kali. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but the general consensus is that while the queue for Kali is very impressive, the ride is quite underwhelming.
I've been on both multiple times and while Kali is themed better, Grizzly River Run is a superior ride in general. If they gave it some TLC it'd be a better ride overall. The drop and the feel of GRR just has something over its WDW counterpart.

As for next DAK ride, I think something should be done with Camp Minnie/Mickey. Rip it out and put in another continent primarily South America and do something with the Amazon Rainforest....just my two pennies...

ToTBellHop

In a word, yes - though to call them puppets is like called an AA a robot.

Just to stir things up a little, remember Camp Minne/Mikey was designed in a rush as a temporary area :D
like Mickey's Toontown Fair (well...Mickey's Birthday Land...errr...Starland...take your pick).

ToTBellHop

Yep. Just like that. Although in all fairness, Birth/Star/Toon had a bit of planning done for it :D
I grant you...they built a rollercoaster...other than that, it has always looked cheap to me. I vastly prefer Toontown at DL...circus tents just look cheap! Maybe I just have a fever and the only prescription is more Jolly Trolly...oh wait...that's gone too :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I grant you...they built a rollercoaster...other than that, it has always looked cheap to me...(
Don`t get me wrong; it was. It was however planned and announced before construction. Even had some concept art (!)

Camp M/M on the other hand was thrown up whilst the rest of the park, after years of design, was almost physically finished. They had this big space called Beastly Kingdom with nothing to go in it, beastly or otherwise, so decided on a very quick fix. `Somewhere to meet the characters` they thought, not realising the characters would be all over the park lest it turn into another EPCOT Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom