Next Attraction For DAK?

ToTBellHop

Bears are an underrepresented animal group at WDW.
There's one in the 100-acre wood and one in a big blue house.

More are needed.
AK needs bears.

Girzzlies
Kodiaks
Black
Panda (actually in the racoon family)

:) :)
there's also a bear in the Briar Patch, several having a jamboree, one riding out a Maelstrom...AK is the only park w/o a bear, but the Yeti is...um...I'm not really sure what he is.

benji

Bears are an underrepresented animal group at WDW.
There's one in the 100-acre wood and one in a big blue house.

More are needed.
AK needs bears.

Girzzlies
Kodiaks
Black
Panda (actually in the racoon family)

:) :)
I agree bears are needed in Animal Kingdom. Don't you think Camp Minnie Mickey will be a great location to add a bear exibit. If they don't add beastly kingdom they should add something.

figment1985

As much as I'd like a Lion King dark ride, I am sure everything new will be related to Pixar movies or something completely different. I don't see them moving backwards with movies, but hopefully I am wrong.

I do like someones idea about fake hunting for elephants and then get your own ivory, but that wouldn't be sending the right message to children....lol

Skip

I agree with the statements that the over-crowded Africa needs a new ride... I was there yesterday and Africa was the only area that had huge bottlenecks because evveryone was outside the Safari. Ugh.

Obviously the OP is correct in assuming the next attraction will most likely be on the east side of the park... after all, Everest, Dino-Rama, Yak and Yeti, and all of Asia have been added to the west side. Africa needs some love!

As for bears... maybe a Brother Bear ride?

-Skip

majortom1981

The thing is would a bear ride be too much of a clash with the country bear jamboree in the magic kingdom ?

IS there any rides that Disney Land or Californias adventure that Disney World doesnt have that would fit in the Animal Kingdom?

Expedition is sort of like Matterhorn ( i mean in theme) so I am thinking if there are any other rides that can fit in animal kingdom that we dont have one of?

I may be dreaming or shooting for the stars here, but something COMPLETELY original (a la Everest) on the dark ride spectrum would be an AWESOME addition, NOT some PIXAR, or even classic Disney character-themed attraction. Whatever happened to ORIGINAL attractions, ie: the classic EPCOT attractions? Lets do something new, introduce some theme-park only characters. The audience does not need a familiar film character to lure them in. Anything innovative sprinkled with the magic Disney touch usually does the trick!

I dream of something thrilling, exciting, and possibly educational, or at least inspirational. I know we have mentioned this before, but an Antarctica land/pavilion/area/dark ride would be great! Animal Kingdom still has MUCH on the horizon. Several people I work with, family friends, etc. who have recently visited WDW RAVE over AK.......the adults seem to really take to the intense themeing and overwhelming atmosphere. AK's inner voice will be heard sooner than we think!

PS: If they attempt to add some Chicken Little attraction merely because he's a flippin' chicken.....I think I will have to give up my WDW obsession and bi-monthly visitations for at least six months. (I could never survive a full year!) :hammer:

goofyfan13

Kind of an idea that just jumped into the back of my head for Africa is do a ride based around the ancient Egyptian belief that cats are the guardians of the underworld(or something like that). You could get a mix of a real animal with a mythical belief.

Just pondering...

Pete C

To me the best choice for a new ride at AK is a water coaster like Atlantis at Sea World. Do something to trump both Jurassic Park and Atlantis. AK already has a water ride (a lousy one IMO compared to many rapids rides), but I think this would work since it could have indoor themed areas, plus exciting coaster elements.

ThumperDude

With the success of the Everest que line maybe they should build another E ticket que. Make it a 2 hour line with all their attention to detail of the objects. Then as you approached the loading area for the ride, The CMs wave you on through to the exit.
The ride itself could have something to do with dragons, bigfoot or the Loc Ness monster. You know, non existent creatures for a non existent ride.
For those of you still unsure. I'm being sarcastic. Except for those of you who believe they have already did this concept with the Yeti ride. :lookaroun

Rob562

The only problem with adding onto Africa is that there's not a WHOLE lot of room to easily add an attraction to the land. There's plenty of land to the west, but it would require quite a lot of moving backstage buildings and other support stuff around.

They *could* shoehorn something in behind Tusker House, but it's not a huge plot of land. A decent dark ride along the banks of the river, but nothing along the lines and size of Everest.

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=3950280&encType=1

Everything north of the access road the parade uses is the safari.

And on the east side of Africa you're locked in by the train.

There *is* the nice chunk of land south of Camp Minnie-Mickey... Now if *only* they could move the FotLK theater *somewhere* else in the park.... Like the plot of land near Conservation Station... :)

-Rob

DKampy

Original Poster
It would make sense to me to move FOLK to Africa...since that was only suppose to be a temporary attraction till it became as popular as it is. They could give it a new permanet home in Africa..where the theme works better. Then build something new and exciting in the Camp Minnie Mickey area..as was the original intended purpose.

Although I agree with the poster who said it would be a much less exspensive solution to build one new ride as oppose to a whole land...thus I think they will go with one new attraction in Africa.

It is also the same reason why I doubt if Beastly Kingdomme will ever be built.

pcf1385

they could do a family firendly dark ride featuring the tsavo lions :lookaroun just kidding .:lol: Really they could do a ride featuring any one of the number of mythological animal creatures in africa. I would love to see a new ride in africa, but I would also love an enite new continent to be built (i know it won't happen) like south america. I would reall Love an anaconda river/thrill ride. That would be a good time in my op.

WWallaceII

With the success of the Everest que line maybe they should build another E ticket que. Make it a 2 hour line with all their attention to detail of the objects. Then as you approached the loading area for the ride, The CMs wave you on through to the exit.
The ride itself could have something to do with dragons, bigfoot or the Loc Ness monster. You know, non existent creatures for a non existent ride.
For those of you still unsure. I'm being sarcastic. Except for those of you who believe they have already did this concept with the Yeti ride. :lookaroun

Totally O/T - It's loch!!:mad:

Back on topic, slightly, Stitch is a type of animal?!:hammer: <Avoids tomatoes>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom