Next Attraction For DAK?

Philo

A nile ride could be kinda cool but it might be a little to close to the jungle cruise. Apparantly Walt did originally want real animals in the cruise though...

I was thinking that something like a flying coaster (something like AIR for anyone in the UK) would be cool. Could be themed around an eagles flight or something. I guess it would be too intense for alot of riders though and you would have to count out nearly all young riders.

DisneyDellsDude

A nile ride could be kinda cool but it might be a little to close to the jungle cruise. Apparantly Walt did originally want real animals in the cruise though...

They were going to do that with Kali River Rapids, but they couldn't think of ways to get the animals to stay in view of the guests, so the idea was scraped. (It was either that or budget cuts:lookaroun )

jedimaster1227

You are correct in your thoughts. There are strong considerations going into adding some much-needed capacity to an over-crowded Africa. Very astute observation on your part. Good chance the next addition to AK will be in Africa (as opposed to a new land--a single new ride is cheaper).

The next attraction to fit in Africa isn't coming for a few years...

Is this Harry Potter business a joke?

No... Very sore feelings coming from certain companies on this one...

No... It's certainly not a joke... at least not to Universal it isn't...they bought the rights...

Wait for the press release, I'm actually interested in this one. $120 million dollar budget for the year, a good portion of it going to BMG and Back to the Future's replacement, but Islands of Adventure's next addition will be a sizable one...

:animwink:
Hmm...will unicorns and dragons fit into Africa?

:D

Kevin

No... They go somewhere else... :animwink:

CaptainMichael

Of course not. It took 3 years to build Everest...I'm just saying Africa is where the next major attraction is going.

Ideally, I'd like for FotLK to be moved to Africa, so CMM can be replaced with something more worthy.

Edit: The idea of HP at Universal makes me sick...now I'll have to go there *shudders*

ToTBellHop

this isn't news... it is just yippy yap.

if there is ever expansion of a new E attraction at AK it will be north of asia or south of Camp Minnie-Mickey. Period on that period.
You can put as many periods as you want, but you'd still be wrong.

Joepic

A Lion King attraction would be great! I totally agree, I mean it was such a great classic Disney movie and definitely deserves more than just the show at AK. I can't imagine what though...

benji

I think Festival of the Lion King should be moved to Africa. Why in the world would they put that show in Camp Minnie Mickey?????????? And then they should turn Camp Minnie Mickey into Beastly Kingdom!

MJMcBride

I think Festival of the Lion King should be moved to Africa. Why in the world would they put that show in Camp Minnie Mickey?????????? And then they should turn Camp Minnie Mickey into Beastly Kingdom!

They put it there because they had to put something there. And one rumor has a Merlin and dragon show replacing Pocohontas there.

benji

I think Disney will next give some attention to the west side of the park. Ever since the park open the east side has gotten a lot of tlc... like jungle trek, kali river, everest, nemo and now yak and yeti.

benji

I forgot to mention dino rama was also added to the east side of the park. They have added so many attractions to the east side that I can't keep track any more! :ROFLOL:

RiversideBunny

Bears are an underrepresented animal group at WDW.
There's one in the 100-acre wood and one in a big blue house.

More are needed.
AK needs bears.

Girzzlies
Kodiaks
Black
Panda (actually in the racoon family)

:) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom