News and observations from the past month

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Lets hope this trend continues
Of all the rides which offer the Single Rider option, Test Track works the best, due to the seat configuration of 3 across x two rows per vehicle. Conceivably, two single riders can be seated in every car, representing 1/3 of the vehicle's capacity. Who needs FP+?

michmousefan

Of all the rides which offer the Single Rider option, Test Track works the best, due to the seat configuration of 3 across x two rows per vehicle. Conceivably, two single riders can be seated in every car, representing 1/3 of the vehicle's capacity. Who needs FP+?
That same car configuration is also why the Single Rider line is the best way to avoid long waits at Radiator Springs Racers out west. Every time we rode the wait was less than 25 mins while the standby line was 100 or more.

sloppy.joey

My nephew and I did TT twice last week - once with FP+ and once Single Rider.

FP+, including the 5 minute design process took more than 20 minutes, and we actually rode later than the folks who entered the Stand-by line at the same time as us. I know this, as there was a particularly tall gentleman wearing a Hummer t-shirt (hubby has the same one from TT four years ago) entering Stand-by at the same time we entered the FP+ line. When we entered the post-ride area, he was already sitting in one of the show cars having his photo taken.

Next time around, we took the Single Rider option, walked through the empty queue, and were seated immediately! In and out in less than 10.

On another note, Test Track was still closed when we were there last year, so this was our first time since the refurb. Big - giant - meh!! I know the kids like the Sim-car design, but even my 11 year old nephew felt the design process was a one and done! Oh look at the pretty tree-shaped lights .... That's it?

And now you can't even buy the yellow Hummer t-shirts anymore, as Hummer is not a Chevrolet product. Son #1 swiped hubby's tee, and he really wanted a new one.
Chances are those hummer shirts are nonexistent unless on eBay ever since GM dropped it.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Really have not had time to read the whole thread.

Wanted to chime in on PotC fog screen. It was completely off with no audio Saturday a week ago.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Yeah, but as a bonus, you get wet tootsies.
Dang, those new boats are leaky.

Are the new ones supposed to be more buoyant or are they cutting back on water levels? Countless times in the last year thee ride has had a boat bottom out.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Are the new ones supposed to be more buoyant or are they cutting back on water levels? Countless times in the last year thee ride has had a boat bottom out.
Not sure. There are others, more in-the-know who can comment.

All I know is that they can't load the final (sixth) row at all; that your feet get soaked in row five, especially if you are seated on the right side; that all the boats appear to list to the right; and that you get a ton of splash in the front row when you go over the drop - like wet t-shirt contest wet!

kittybubbles

Speaking of SSE, does the paper bot still have his back facing you? Haven't been in a while, but it was one of the 'little' things that started to add up to me deciding that I was no longer enjoying my visits to WDW.

HMF

I feel we need to calm down the rhetoric, significantly. I hate being this honest but I fear we need to be careful here. People in power at Disney are reading this and you never know what could happen, We should be honest but not take it to an Us vs. Them mentality. We need to drop the personal attacks, I hate being too idealistic but there are forces we don't comprehend at play here. I have unfortunately been blinded by emotional investment in a product and I have been too blinded by idealism to understand that there are real people with real thoughts and struggles and fears. For instance, Tom Fitzgerald- Your Spaceship Earth Script is probably the most important piece of prose I have ever heard in my life, However, I think your philosophy on "Story" at all costs is flawed. Kathy Mangum, I think Cars Land is a fantastic work of art, However, having Nemo take over the Living Seas I feel hurt the message of the park but I understand the pressure you were under. Eric Jacobson, I know you wanted a bigger Fantasyland and the work you did was outstanding for what it was. I apologize for any hurt feelings I may have inadvertently caused anyone at anytime on this board I apologize profoundly I am going to bow out for a few days. I was so afraid of offending anybody that I inadvertently offended everybody.

Bairstow

Speaking of SSE, does the paper bot still have his back facing you? Haven't been in a while, but it was one of the 'little' things that started to add up to me deciding that I was no longer enjoying my visits to WDW.

Doesn't it make more sense in the scene for the Paperboy to be facing "out" towards the matte painting of the street rather than "in" towards the the room the printing press is in?
Why would he be trying to sell papers to the men printing them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom