New York City, Characters in the Wild, and Canadians - Eh!

It’s time for another cruise trip report! I just finished my Disneyland trip report, and finally had time to work on this report! It was a great trip where we met some new friends, saw characters galore and some beautiful sights! Here’s a sneak peak of our view on the last morning:

Canada2688timelinebtestbnew.jpg

And here’s my plug of the trip report! I’m going to plug the Unofficial Wdwmagic Girls Cruise! If you haven’t heard, we are planning a 4 night Bahamian Disney cruise on September 8, 2013. There are already almost 30 us signed up! We are going to have so much fun! If you've wanted to try cruising, or wanted to meet some of your Wdwmagic friends - here's your chance! It's not too late! :)

What:

A five night Canadian cruise on the Disney Magic.

A military rate for the New York to Canada cruises came out, it was too good to pass up! Not to mention we didn’t have to fly anywhere!

We live in DC right now and New York is a quick bus/train ride/drive away.

Who:

Adults only this time!

We decided against taking the kids for this one since school just started and DS is a senior (sniff), so we asked several friends. It was pretty last minute, but one other couple from church could get away so there were four of us.

Here we are - Dh (Stephen), Myself, Steve “Buddha” and Misty –

Canada2155.jpg

We had a Steve and a Stephen. Luckily the other Steve has gone by his old call sign from his military days for years. Yes, we call him Buddha. :D

Billy6

Thank you, Bill! I can't wait to see your trip report! :)

Stephen isn't a big olive eater, but I think even he loves them at Palo. I definitely try some things out of my comfort zone on cruises, but I didn't try this. :)
Welcome! I haven't had time to start mine yet, but I will soon!

I don't like olives at all, so she was happy to eat them for me :)

sweetpee_1993

Stephen isn't a big olive eater, but I think even he loves them at Palo. I definitely try some things out of my comfort zone on cruises, but I didn't try this. :)

I was gonna ask, Tammy, what part is it that you don't like on the antipasti? I'm as anti-olive as they come but the cheese & meat part was acceptable for me. Is it the stuff on the cheese or meat, maybe? Like the "juice" ??? <--for lack of a better word...sorry...

Oh yes! Tracey can speak cow! He's like this plethora of useless info. Unless we're flying. I suppose if the pilot AND copilot eat the fish and become incapacitated he can rescue us by landing the plane. LOL!

Billy6

I was gonna ask, Tammy, what part is it that you don't like on the antipasti? I'm as anti-olive as they come but the cheese & meat part was acceptable for me. Is it the stuff on the cheese or meat, maybe? Like the "juice" ??? <--for lack of a better word...sorry...

Oh yes! Tracey can speak cow! He's like this plethora of useless info. Unless we're flying. I suppose if the pilot AND copilot eat the fish and become incapacitated he can rescue us by landing the plane. LOL!
Surely, you can't be serious? ;)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

I don't like the anti or the pasti! Lol! It's me, I know. I don't care for olives, I've never been a fan of chunks of cheese either. I probably could eat the meat if I really wanted to. But I wasn't desperate. :)

I will remember to fly with Tracey.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Sunday, September 16 – Day at Sea

Our last day! I always hate that. We were rocking during the night, but all was smooth when we woke up.

Canada2389.jpg

Canada2390.jpg

We got up around 8 and then went to Parrot Cay for breakfast. Baked beans? For breakfast?

Canada2392.jpg

Breakfast potatoes! Hallelujah! If Stephen wouldn’t have mocked me (lovingly of course), I may have had a whole plate of them. :D I decided to put some other stuff on my plate just for show.

Canada2396.jpg

Canada2395.jpg

We went up top for a walk afterwards. It was super quiet.:

Canada2400.jpg

Canada2401.jpg

Canada2408.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We hit up the Princess line today! We were towards the front of the line, but wow does that line get long.

Canada2410.jpg

At one point Peter Pan (in the wild!) worked the line.

Canada2414.jpg

Canada2415.jpg

If you’re not familiar with the Princess gathering, all 5 princesses on board set up shop in the lobby. You stand in one line and get to see all 5.

Canada2416.jpg

Canada2419.jpg

Standing next to a princess in a giant hoop skirt is kind of awkward for an adult. You can’t stand in front of them like a child, and you can’t get too close without appearing weird. So lots of these are up close and it looks like we are completely spread out.

Belle:
Canada2422.jpg

Canada2428.jpg

We decided our first poses were boring and we needed to up our game.

Canada2434.jpg

Canada2436.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
After we had our fill of princii, we went to the stores for a little shopping!

Canada2442.jpg

Canada2449.jpg

Canada2450.jpg

My sweet hubby bought me the Dooney I’d been eyeing since we boarded! I LOVE this bag! Sadly, I’ll probably have to wait until summer to carry it, but good things are worth waiting for.

Canada2508.jpg

We also bought dd the Brave Vinylmation. It was a bit much for a Vinylmation, but there were tiny vinlymation resembling the triplets that were so cute. I knew she’d love it. I somehow neglected to get a picture. We also picked up this NYC Vinylmation:

Canada2513.jpg

Speaking of Brave, after we took everything to our room, we went to see it in the Buena Vista theater with Buddha and Misty. We had seen it before, it’s so cute.

Lunch in Topsiders was a seafood buffet today. Not being a big seafood person, I decided to get some things from Goofy’s Galley and Plutos instead.

Canada2453.jpg

Canada2454.jpg

Here’s our view at lunch:

Canada2457.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Stephen and I went to see the cabaret show after lunch which was Jeff the Juggler.

Canada2459.jpg

Canada2464.jpg

Canada2465.jpg

Our Entertainment director for the cruise was awesome. I can’t remember her name but it was an unusual one. We saw her all over. She was funny and super friendly. Here she is warming up the crowd.

Canada2467.jpg

Again, Jeff the Juggler was just so so. He didn’t blow me away with any of his tricks, but he was certainly good.

Canada2471.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
At some point during the cruise I realized you could see our verandah from Topsiders. I made Stephen go hang out on it so I could take a picture from above.

Canada2494.jpg

Canada2501.jpg

Then we did something totally unexpected, we went to Diversions and watched football! :DI enjoy watching the Broncos, Auburn and the Air Force Academy, but I'm not a big football fan in general. Stephen couldn’t believe I wanted to go, but I wanted to see what it was like.

Look who we saw on the way! Statue of Liberty Minnie in the wild!!

Canada2517.jpg

It was a rowdy group in Diversions!

The Giants were playing, and apparently making lots of “UGE”plays.

They had wings, hot dogs, and nachos, but we were quite full.

Canada2521.jpg

After the game, our room held the sad task of packing, so pack we did.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Dinner was at Parrot Cay again tonight.

Potato soup? I cant’remember:

Canada2522.jpg

Beef Wellington for me! Yes, if you’re keeping track, I did have a steak of some kind every single night of the cruise. I like beef. Don’t judge.

Canada2524.jpg

Can anyone else not eat Beef Wellington without thinking of Hell’s Kitchen? Mercy those people need to figure out how to make it before the go on the show and get yelled at!

There were several good options for dessert, but since this was my last real chance for a Mickey bar, I couldn’t resist.

Canada2527.jpg

Everybody else went with more typical (notice I did not say better) desserts:

Canada2530.jpg

Including baked Alaska:

Canada2531.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We skipped the show tonight, we had all seen it before, some of us too many times to count. :)

Buddha and Misty went to pack and we finished our packing and went swimming again! We were the only ones in the pool or hot tubs. It was so relaxing.

Here’s one last shot of our door:

Canada2533.jpg

Stingray!

Canada2535.jpg

We got dressed again and went to the farewell show – Til We Meet Again. Misty didn’t quite make it, she fell asleep after packing, but Buddha was there.

We camped out by the railing:

Canada2538.jpg

Canada2539.jpg

Canada2544.jpg

angieandtrevor

Tammy, I'm so excited to see this report - and glad I got to read most of it at once!

Your pictures are GORGEOUS - seriously, the ones of Daisy are perfect and Peggy's Cove looks lovely. What a great place, hey? And much better to go with Angie than with a stinky old bus! (PS Angie, we should get together..).

It looks like it was a fabulous time, despite the foggy birthday (welcome to the east coast, unfortunately).

Om nom food pictures...

AND FINALLY: I wish I could take up that space in your stateroom :(

Kenzie.....most definitely. I can show you the 4,000 pics I took from our trip, haha. My friends love me but really, no one wants to see that many Disney photos, lol !!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Peter kicks off the show and lets everyone know that the characters are going to come out and disperse throughout the atrium. They stay out for about 20 minute while guests run around to see them one last time.

Canada2547.jpg

Here they come:

Canada2550.jpg

Canada2552.jpg

Everyone’s favorite mouse!

Canada2554.jpg

Canada2556.jpg

We started with Donald.

Canada2566.jpg

Captain Hook was actually quite charming:

Canada2569.jpg

I completely missed the focus here. Notice Stephen’s pirate face?

Canada2570.jpg

And here I caught focus on his hand. Looks kind of cool though, so I meant to do that:

Canada2571.jpg

Stephen obviously forgot Stitch was a pirate tonight!

Canada2578.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Daisy!

Canada2584.jpg

Here’s the greeting from above:

Canada2586.jpg

After that, the characters went back to the stage to say goodbye. Sadness!

Izma and her crony:

Canada2588.jpg

Donald:

Canada2589.jpg

Daisy:

Canada2592.jpg

There were all kinds of shenanigans while Peter was talking:

Canada2596.jpg

Canada2598.jpg

Canada2600.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Photo ops!

Canada2606.jpg

Canada2608.jpg

Canada2616.jpg

As each character said goodbye, they came behind us to disappear into Studio Sea.

Hook:

Canada2619.jpg

Izma:

Canada2620.jpg

Belle and Cindy:

Canada2621.jpg

Daisy:

Canada2624.jpg

Sassy Daisy:

Canada2628.jpg

Goofy:

Canada2631.jpg

Stitch:

Canada2636.jpg

Minnie:

Canada2640.jpg

Canada2641.jpg

And the Big Cheese himself:

Canada2649.jpg

After the show, I went up top with Buddha for one last coke. Okay, one last coke of the day. :D I think Buddha made his a float, and may or may not have had some pizza also. :)

After that, it was bedtime! I was hoping to get up early to see the New York skyline, so it was going to be a short night!

Up next - New York City and the trip home. Thanks for reading! :)

angieandtrevor

Random-ish? Not knocking you for taking the pic because if he's there, why not? It just seemed so random...pretty lighthouse...scenery....rocks....wham! Bagpiper! Alrighty.... LOL!!

Bagpipes and fiddles are sort of our thing here in Nova Scotia.....I know, we're kinda weird :D Actually it isn't too often that you will go to a wedding and not have a bagpiper outside of the church. But the real question is, did he have anything on under that kilt.....hum, I wonder :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Kenzie.....most definitely. I can show you the 4,000 pics I took from our trip, haha. My friends love me but really, no one wants to see that many Disney photos, lol !!

Um. We would. :D

Bagpipes and fiddles are sort of our thing here in Nova Scotia.....I know, we're kinda weird :D Actually it isn't too often that you will go to a wedding and not have a bagpiper outside of the church. But the real question is, did he have anything on under that kilt.....hum, I wonder :)

Stephen told me I needed to come back and explain about the Bagpipers! Thank you, Angie!

Maybe we are supposed to wonder. :D

angieandtrevor

Trevor thought your pictures of Halifax were post cards that you had scanned :)

Awesome report Tammy, it is so great that you have all these reports as keepsakes, so nice to look back at later.

Would you believe that someone stole one of our ears off of our door.....tisk, tisk, that is very bad karma for them !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom