New YOMD Shows times and descriptions out today!

maelstrom

Why is Prince Philip's family always mooching in Cinderella's castle? First King Stefan had his banquet hall there (Cinderella finally kicked him out) and now Aurora and Philip are having some sort of to-do at the castle? I really do prefer Aurora over Cinderella, but it *is* her castle, not Aurora's. >_<

TsWade2

I found descriptions of the new shows at Magic Kingdom on this website which even gives listed times for these new events. My source is http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

High School Musical Pep Rally
Catch Wildcat fever! Cheer the interactive fun as school spirit overtakes you when you join in this awesome pep rally. East High cheerleaders and basketball stars lead the fun as you learn cheers and cool dance moves. Jam to the hottest tracks from the wildly popular Disney Channel movie and then strut your stuff to the super-charged musical finalé.
Wednesday-Saturday at 10:00 & 11:00am, 12:00, 1:00, 3:00, 4:00 & 5:00pm

"Family Fun Day" Parade
Monday-Saturday at 12:30, 1:15 & 2:00pm
Parade your red, white and blue spirit down the heart of Main Street, U.S.A. as you join the celebration. For the very first time, Guests are invited to perform in a Parade alongside beloved Disney Characters! Things really kick into high gear when the fun arrives at Town Square. It's flag-waving, patriotic fun and you could be the star.

Let's Have A Ball
The Happily Ever After Party
You are invited to take your place in the King's grand court. An amazing Royal Ball is about to be held, and Princess Aurora and Prince Philip are on their way to welcome all the Lords and Ladies from across the land. That's YOU! As the music plays and merry-makers lead the way, you'll take your place alongside Disney royalty in a fairy tale dream come true.
Monday-Saturday at 10:00 & 11:00am, 12:00, 1:00, 2:40, 3:50 & 4:55pm

Woody's Cowboy Camp
Round up your posse for some rootin'-tootin', straight-shootin' good times with Woody, Jesse and Bullseye at Woody's Cowboy Camp. Sam the Singin' Cowboy leads a western hoedown that rings out across the prairie. Head on out to Frontierland for some singin', dancin' and general kickin' up your heels. Yee-haw!
Wednesday-Saturday at 10:20 & 11:10am, 12:00, 12:50, 1:40 & 3:50pm

Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial
There are pirates among us! And they're looking to recruit. None other than Captain Jack Sparrow's first mate, Mack, is searching out brave souls who dream of a pirate's life. Can you swing a sword, sail the seas, and spot a cursed treasure before you plunder it? Maybe Captain Sparrow will even let you take the Pirate Oath and join his crew.
Daily at 11:00am, 12:20, 1:00, 2:00, 3:40, 5:10 & 6:10pm
Length of sets: 20 minutes

Dream Along With Mickey
Castle Forecourt Stage
Saturday at 9:40, 10:40 & 11:40am, 4:35, 5:35 & 6:35pm
Length of show: 20 minutes

Apparently these may be in today's times guide for Sept 24-30th at the Magic Kingdom. :)
That's better. Thank you.:sohappy:

JMagicFink

wait a sec...

at the beginning of this post, it says

"Family Fun Day" Parade
Parade your red, white and blue spirit down the heart of Main Street, U.S.A. as you join the celebration. For the very first time, Guests are invited to perform in a Parade alongside beloved Disney Characters! Things really kick into high gear when the fun arrives at Town Square. It's flag-waving, patriotic fun and you could be the star.

Now didn't the "Remember the Magic 25th Anniversary Parade" invite guests to perform alongside beloved Disney characters????? So how is this "For the very first time?"

-Jim

ISTCrew20

Now didn't the "Remember the Magic 25th Anniversary Parade" invite guests to perform alongside beloved Disney characters????? So how is this "For the very first time?"

-Jim

I was thinking the very same thing.

I was able to preview "Let's Have a Ball", "Fun Day Parade", and "High School Musical" a few days ago. They are all good shows, and the cast did a fantastic job.

High School Musical is full of energy, and the cast SINGS LIVE, which surprised me. Fun Day was my least favorite of them all. Let's Have a Ball was my favorite. It's alot of fun to be a part of.

And yes, Aurora and Philip come out at the end.

Meeko

Just a few of my thoughts...

1. These must be very short shows for them to happen with such frequency. I was also surprised to see the Cinderellabration replaced will happen 6 times on only one day of the week (Sat)? :confused: Maybe this is to draw more people on weekends...

2. HSM- Since it's located in the middle of Tomorrowland, the aura of the area will be somewhat disturbed by loud singing and a big crowd many times a day.

3. Magic Kingdom visitors who do not wish to participate or see these shows will have to do a lot more planning around where to be and not be during the day to avoid crowds. Like leaving the park during lunchtime will be hard with the Parade marching up Main Street 3 times between 12:30 and 2. (I'm one of those people who like to go where the crowds are NOT so I think of these things...:rolleyes: )

4. Same thought as previous posters about Cinderella vs. Aurora. I'm glad to see some different princesses getting some time though. Makes things seem new and people won't say, wait didn't the old Cinderella show used to be different?

5. I like that Woody's show will have a new personality in Sam. Sounds most interesting to me of any of the new additions.

6. How different will the Captain Jack show be than the one that was already taking place in both WDW and DL? Or is this just the official announcement of the same show?

Overall I'd say I'm usually more interested in rides than shows, but some of these may peak my curiousity enough to check them out. :p

WDWKat26

at the beginning of this post, it says

"Family Fun Day" Parade

-Jim

The difference between the 25th Anniversary Parade and Family Fun Day parade is this:
25th Anniversary did what was called a, "Show Stop" when the parade would stop on Main St. Pull guests out into that area where they stopped and had them participate in activities.
Family Fun Day Parade is ALL ABOUT the guests. We will gather guests by Cinderella's Castle and they will be parading all the way down Main Street with the Characters (Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Pluto, Chip, Dale and Daisy) all with props doing some form of a routine (don't worry, it's easy). After parading down Main Street you will end up in Town Square with the Characters and the Trolley Dancers for the big finale with the Magic Kingdom Band and all of the characters.

So, I hope that clears things up. FYI, I am working this parade many many times during opening week (including opening day) so that's why I know so much. But, it will definitely be a great offering for kids and guests :)

WDWKat26

Are we sure that this is for WDW and not Disneyland?

Why would WDW have Princess Aurora host a ball at Cindi's castle?

Technically, the show is at the back of the castle. The set story of the show is that the 2 hosts are the people who plan "Happily Ever After's" and arrange the celebrations that happen afterward. Plus, Cinderella is in "Dream Along With Mickey", so it's kind of hard to have her be in 2 shows in one day ;)

CTXRover

I was also surprised to see the Cinderellabration replaced will happen 6 times on only one day of the week (Sat)? :confused: Maybe this is to draw more people on weekends...

The schedule is just for this week. Some of the new shows start today, some Wednesday and Dream Along with Mickey will apparently start this Saturday. From there on out, I expect each of these will become daily shows. :)

CTXRover

Dream Along With Mickey
Castle Forecourt Stage
Saturday at 9:40, 10:40 & 11:40am, 4:35, 5:35 & 6:35pm
Length of show: 20 minutes

Just wondering if there was any word if the new castle show premiered today as scheduled? Anybody get to see it yet?

joanna71985

Technically, the show is at the back of the castle. The set story of the show is that the 2 hosts are the people who plan "Happily Ever After's" and arrange the celebrations that happen afterward. Plus, Cinderella is in "Dream Along With Mickey", so it's kind of hard to have her be in 2 shows in one day ;)

Um, Aurora and Phillip are in both shows.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom