New Year's Eve Announcement?

Scuttle

Can we start some bets?
1.over/under on what time the train stops operating
2.first attraction to go 101
3.will any main St vehicles be out?

I say the entire monorail system will break down at about 10pm and I am not really kidding. This might just be the beginning of the end of the monorail system. I mean with the shape the system is in this is the absolute last thing it needs.

birdie31

Open 24 hours on Feb. 29th and resort guests will receive one free night and one day's park admission with the purchase of a non-discounted room and ticket of 3 days or longer if purchased before the end of Jan, I think.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
not only are they open 24 hours on February 29 they are giving a vacation a day untill then for a total of 60 with airfare if over 250 miles

here is a section of what it includes

PRIZES: TOTAL OF SIXTY (60) PRIZES - [ONE (1) DAILY PRIZE FOR EACH DAILY SWEEPSTAKES]:

All prize values are in United States Dollars. Winner's choice of one of the two following trips: [1] a five (5) day / four (4) night trip for winner and three (3) guests (individually, "Guest") (collectively, "Group") to Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida ("City 1") on Sponsor-selected dates ("Trip 1") consisting of the following elements for the Group: [a] hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for four (4) nights; 5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option, including access to Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot® , Disney's Hollywood Studios® and Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park; [c] a Disney Gift Card with a value of one thousand dollars ($1,000), [d] winner's choice of one (1) of the four (4) following enhancements(collectively, "Enhancements"): (i) Disney's PhotoPass® - including one (1) Disney's PhotoPass® Book, one (1) Disney's PhotoPass® CD and other select Disney's PhotoPass® offerings; (ii) Select Disney Tours with a value up to $500. Restrictions apply; (iii) one (1) Downtown Disney shopping spree with a value of up to $500 or (iv) relaxing Spa experiences with a value up to $500 and [e] if winner's residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from City 1, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner's residence ("airport of origin") and Orlando International Airport; but if winner's residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from City 1, then round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between winners' residence and the hotel and [f] airport/hotel transfers if air transportation is provided. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $6,300, which will vary depending upon point of departure and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares, OR [2] a five (5) day / four (4) night trip for the Group to Los Angeles, CA ("City 2"), on Sponsor-selected dates to visit Disneyland ® Park ("Trip 2"), consisting of the following elements for the Group: [a] hotel accommodations (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax) for four (4) nights; 5-Day Park Hopper® Tickets for admission to Disneyland® Park and Disney's California Adventure® Park; [c] a Disney Gift Card with a value of one thousand dollars($1,000); [d] winner's choice of one(1) of the Enhancements; [e] if winner's residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from City 2, round-trip coach air transportation between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner's residence ("airport of origin") and a Sponsor-selected major airport in or near City 2; but if winner's residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from City 2, round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between winner's residence and the hotel and [f] airport/hotel transfers if air transportation is provided. ARV: $6,000, which will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. Total ARV of all Prizes: $378,000. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner's residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. All terms and conditions of the Gift Card are applicable. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor's approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. A Winner must take either Trip 1 or Trip 2 on Sponsor's selected dates between June 1, 2012 and June 1, 2013, or Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor's discretion, awarded to an alternate winner at Sponsor's sole discretion. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered and failure of winner to follow such schedule shall not obligate Sponsor in any way to provide the winner with alternate arrangements. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with a prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by May 30, 2012, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.

I may have a better chance of paying of the national debt myself than winning a free trip next year.

WDW1974

Disney needs to hire some new PR people.

Yes, they do. I've been saying that for a while ... it wasn't warmly welcomed in another Disney Place.

I'd love to take over the entire worldwide marketing team, but I'd be willing to start with just the little World. (Guys, you know exactly where to reach me!):)

Now ... I log on for the first time since last year and see 290 people reading this thread. Seriously, I wonder ... other folks decide it wasn't worth going out (or to WDW) for NYE? Lot of non-drinkers here? Maybe Disney's announcement was just designed to pump up traffic here!:ROFLOL:

Finally, let me say that I would question the sanity of anyone who wanted to spend 24 hours in ANY theme park. Good luck to them. I don't think Disney is gonna get the publicity it thinks it will ... ABC and the social media whores, that's gonna be it because a theme park staying open 24 hours for no good reason isn't going to get much real media attention.

~Welcome to 2012: Let the Spirit's MAGIC envelop you!~

Flight Safety

I dont ever bash Disney, but way to FAIL! :brick: Seriously, this is our "big announcement"? A free day? What about passholders who dont need to buy passes? 24 hours on leap day? Ugh... I knew I shouldnt have gotten my hopes up for something cool. My own fault.

I really appreciate my passholder discount that is barely ever available on rooms, and my 20% off merchandise. But I spend %1000000 more $ than the average guest, and continue to do so regularly.

We never benifit from any promotions, and I would much rather see some cool announcement about Downtown Disney, or maybe they could fix Mr. Yeti? ! :mad:

WDW1974

They are staying open for 24 hours.woo hoo.....not

I wasn't expecting much but that's all? Just staying open for 24 hours.Really?

REALLY!!!

As in what sooo many folks here (and elsewhere) have said was going to happen.

What did you expect? A fifth theme park? A new E-Ticket for every park? For any park? The return of Horizons? A new show featuring the Orange Bird?

Why do people set themselves up for disappointment? Disney is never going to announce something truly HUGE that is ever going to not be leaked or known by some insiders who will let it slip and wind up places like this!

~Welcome to 2012: Let the Spirit's MAGIC envelop you!~

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That 'THUD!' you heard was the sound of Disney's "big" announcement hitting the floor because no one cares...

Is *anyone* excited about this? All this hub-bub for a 1 day "special" event? I'm with a few others - fire the entire PR department... and also fire the Marketing dept. at the same time.

disney fan 13

I say the entire monorail system will break down at about 10pm and I am not really kidding. This might just be the beginning of the end of the monorail system. I mean with the shape the system is in this is the absolute last thing it needs.

The beginning of the end was EMH this is the final blow

KnightRonin

Special Event="Special Cost"

How much extra will this Feb 29th event cost?

I suspect the House of Mouse won't allow any old rabble in for the standard ticket price.

I'm thinking it will be a specially ticketed day (like MNSSHP and MVMCP).

Scuttle

I dont ever bash Disney, but way to FAIL! :brick: Seriously, this is our "big announcement"? A free day? What about passholders who dont need to buy passes? 24 hours on leap day? Ugh... I knew I shouldnt have gotten my hopes up for something cool. My own fault.

I really appreciate my passholder discount that is barely ever available on rooms, and my 20% off merchandise. But I spend %1000000 more $ than the average guest, and continue to do so regularly.

We never benifit from any promotions, and I would much rather see some cool announcement about Downtown Disney, or maybe they could fix Mr. Yeti? ! :mad:

I hear you! It's B/S. We passholders spend 4,5 or even 10 times more annually than once a year visitors or once every two years visitors do. I really thought WDW wanted to get from that 70/30 mark to the 50/50 mark(meaning visitors coming within and outside of 250 miles), but this isn't the way to do it treating passholders with these horrible discounts.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
[/B]

I hear you! It's B/S. We passholders spend 4,5 or even 10 times more annually than once a year visitors or once every two years do. I really thought WDW wanted to get from that 70/30 mark to the 50/50 mark(meaning visitors coming within and outside of 250 miles), but this isn't the way to do it treating passholders with these horrible discounts.

Passholders... DVC members... two sides of the same coin, IMHO. And both treated like dirt by Disney once they have your money. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom