New World of Dreams VIP tour

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yep, like it or not there are folks out there that have wealth, big wealth and I'm not talking flashy athletes or reality stars. like I said before I found that out when I was younger and got a job reading bed time stories to a wealthy family's dogs. yep, spent the summer reading "good night" moon to a bunch of charles cavalier spaniels.

If you charge it, they will come.
That would be a great gig if you got to choose the reading material. It might be the only way possible for me to make it through my "pile of shame" that currently fills more than 2 long boxes and maybe a 2' tall stack of novels.;)

MickeyMinnieMom

Yep, like it or not there are folks out there that have wealth, big wealth and I'm not talking flashy athletes or reality stars. like I said before I found that out when I was younger and got a job reading bed time stories to a wealthy family's dogs. yep, spent the summer reading "good night" moon to a bunch of charles cavalier spaniels.

If you charge it, they will come.
Were they a good audience? I’d imagine better than a lot of people... :)

Surfin' Tuna

Just to clarify: Club 33 and stays in that suite are not part of the deal. This is just an (significantly) upgraded VIP tour. I do not know if it has been selling or at what numbers, but I do know that on some days there are triple digits on VIP tours. These tours will sell, and they will be worth it to some people. If you stay in the Cinderella suite there are means by which you can get food, btw. I do not know the specifics on this, but I am aware of food being taken to guests staying in the suite.

TrojanUSC

Just to clarify: Club 33 and stays in that suite are not part of the deal. This is just an (significantly) upgraded VIP tour. I do not know if it has been selling or at what numbers, but I do know that on some days there are triple digits on VIP tours. These tours will sell, and they will be worth it to some people. If you stay in the Cinderella suite there are means by which you can get food, btw. I do not know the specifics on this, but I am aware of food being taken to guests staying in the suite.

There is a process, it’s just tedious at best.

AEfx

I'd like to ride an elephant around Kilimanjaro Safaris

The first thing I was wondering is how far they will let people go when it comes to the animal experiences. The AZA accreditation standards frown a lot upon some of the very things that I think guests will want to do the most. Especially when it comes to things photographs with endangered animals in backstage areas (even where there is still restricted access to the animals - i.e., no one is getting in a cage with a gorilla, but even getting close enough to interact across bars has health/insurance implications, and so on).

My guess is there are going to be a lot of logistical calls going on between the office handling these tours and the zoo keepers at AK over the specific requests, and if I were speculating further, I would think those who work with the animals at AK are not looking forward to this.

Animaniac93-98

If you stay in the Cinderella suite there are means by which you can get food, btw. I do not know the specifics on this, but I am aware of food being taken to guests staying in the suite.

There is a kitchen in the castle, right? Or is the food at CRT prepared somewhere else before being taken to the dining room?

Missing20K

I think it's almost unprecedented for modern management to keep old rules in the face of new, large revenue opportunities. There's too much pressure on every part of Parks to increase revenue every quarter.

Besides this, are there any operations rules from, say, 20 years ago that haven't been affected by the need to increase earnings?
giphy.gif

Indy_UK

On reflection, I dont think this is the most insane thing ever. If you can really make requests to say 'walk through the haunted mansion' or have a lunch and tour of Magic Kingdom with an imagineer then for a group of 6, I think there are worse things people could spend money on

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is honestly the main drive behind this. I can practically guarantee it. They know it's going to be Potter-esque levels of insanity and there will be plenty a die-hard group of fans, or well-off families looking for every way possible to bypass the crowds. They'd be insane not to capitalize on that.

Starting this now, it'll be in the minds of those who have the money and don't want to brave/endure the SW:GE crowds. Then they'll swoop in with a $499/person offer that's just for SW:GE for those who don't want to endure the crowds and sell them out probably daily for months. Selling expensive line-bypass packages > building capacity :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom