New World of Dreams VIP tour

TrojanUSC

Seems like this is a combination of all the other tours out there. The only major add-ons to this are the dining, including access to any restaurant without a reservation, and the priority attraction access. Standard tours use FP+ access only. This tour uses the "Beyoncé" access, which is basically through all the exits. Can save you 20-30 minutes per attraction.

TrojanUSC

Seems like this is a combination of all the other tours out there. The only major add-ons to this are the dining, including access to any restaurant without a reservation, and the priority attraction access. Standard tours use FP+ access only. This tour uses the "Beyoncé" access, which is basically through all the exits. Can save you 20-25 minutes/attraction. Nice you can add stuff from the other tours, but seems expensive when you can just take that specific tour?

dothebrdwalk

Idk, let's say I could afford it. For $1000 an hour, you think I'm gonna waste even 15 minutes seeing a hotel room that I'm not staying in? That part doesn't make sense to me. Like obviously, I'm gonna try to get my money's worth with front of the line access. Now, if it was breakfast in the suite on the other hand....

JohnD

Walt's frozen head in a jar better be my guide for that money. And just a tour of the castle suite? I'd expect I'd be staying in said suite for 12 grand.

I won the opportunity to tour the suite for Limited Time Magic in 2013. I paid no more than gas and lodging in the then-Downtown Disney. While the suite is beautiful, trust me, you wouldn't want to stay there. Overnight, you would pretty much be a prisoner in the castle as MK is prepared for the next day.

Minnesota disney fan

I don't know why, but after reading about this, I just want to go as absolutely cheap as I can.....?
It's getting ridiculous with "normal" pricing now. There have always been high priced special things for the rich, so that doesn't bother me so much. It's the accumulative effect of all the other price increases that are concerning.
I guess we "protest"
in our own way by not doing the extras, any of them, and doing what we can afford without overspending. Not your typical Disney guest that WDCo. wants, I guess.
Sorry for the rambling on...……………………….

Surfin' Tuna

It is rumored that there are other things included in the tour, but none of them are spectacular. For example, you can also do the utilidors and such, but they are all available elsewhere for a more reasonable price. I think they are getting new transportation, since you can't be driven around in just any vehicle for this kind of money. I don't recall, but I'm guessing this does not include park admission. Why would it for only 12k?

lentesta

Premium Member
My understanding of this "tour" is that it wasn't a "tour" in the traditional sense: you get a customized day to do whatever you've always wanted to do in WDW, within reason. (The "within reason" was specifically emphasized to me.)

In that respect, it shouldn't be viewed as some combination of other tours: for the price, you'd just book those other tours.

Rather, this "tour" is to let you do things you can't do elsewhere. The examples I was given included:

1) Wash, feed, groom, and train the animals at the AK (Yes, this sounds like "paying to work" to me too)
2) Watch a dinner service come together inside a signature restaurant kitchen
3) Go onstage in the attractions before or after normal park operating hours
4) Be a Jungle Skipper on your own boat
:

Regarding "within reason", the two exemptions I heard were:

1) You can't be a character
2) You can't operate machinery (so you can do the JC narration, you can't drive the boat)

I'm sure that, over time, Disney will add to this list.

I also heard that the tour was up to 24 hours. I'm not sure if that included the night spent in the Cinderella Castle Suite. I could be wrong about that.

Relative to the cost of other tours, or general "custom" vacation experiences, $2K/person is ballpark. I mean, it's more than 80% of US households spend on vacations annually - let's not forget that. But for the other 20% who avail themselves of those kinds of experiences, it's not out of line with the market.

HauntedMansionFLA

Seems like this is a combination of all the other tours out there. The only major add-ons to this are the dining, including access to any restaurant without a reservation, and the priority attraction access. Standard tours use FP+ access only. This tour uses the "Beyoncé" access, which is basically through all the exits. Can save you 20-30 minutes per attraction.
Fast Pass for every ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom