New World of Dreams VIP tour

dothebrdwalk

I'm going to start a WDWMagic crowdfund for a ticket for @marni1971 to see if he can find Buzzy somewhere backstage.

On a serious note, do you think they'll allow Club 33 access or is that still too exclusive?
I think it's still too exclusive. Doesn't "seem fair to members that just anyone can access the club." (I KNOW IT SOUNDS DUMB BUT THAT IS THE MINDSET IM ASSUMING)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think it's still too exclusive. Doesn't "seem fair to members that just anyone can access the club." (I KNOW IT SOUNDS DUMB BUT THAT IS THE MINDSET IM ASSUMING)
Seems like $12K would just about cover the initiation fee... especially for a one-time visit.

BigThunderMatt

It was phrase to me as "Of course you'll be staying in the suite..."

There are special rules governing how the suite is used and one of those is that it cannot be 'bought'. Even when celebrities stay in there, they aren't actually paying for it. Typically it's the company trying to cut a deal with a celebrity for something else and they use a night in the suite to sweeten the pot. Night stays in the suite are only given out as promotional prizes. People stay in it more often than you'd think but they've always won some sort of contest to be in it.

MickeyMinnieMom

Assuming they're selling more than one of these per day, and that the people want to stay there.
Do you really think they won't sell more than one per day?!? Especially with SWGE coming up? And I'd suspect a majority would want to stay there if that was an option. Unless they've changed the rules/terms about staying in the suite, as @BigThunderMatt said, this wouldn't be an option.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There are special rules governing how the suite is used and one of those is that it cannot be 'bought'. Even when celebrities stay in there, they aren't actually paying for it. Typically it's the company trying to cut a deal with a celebrity for something else and they use a night in the suite to sweeten the pot. Night stays in the suite are only given out as promotional prizes. People stay in it more often than you'd think but they've always won some sort of contest to be in it.

Rules made by Disney that can be changed at anytime.

lentesta

Premium Member
Do you really think they won't sell more than one per day?!? Especially with SWGE coming up? And I'd suspect a majority would want to stay there if that was an option. Unless they've changed the rules/terms about staying in the suite, as @BigThunderMatt said, this wouldn't be an option.

I'd be surprised if they sold more than 2 per day. It's 3x the cost of a regular VIP tour, and most families just want to avoid lines and hassles. I could be completely wrong.

lentesta

Premium Member

I think it's almost unprecedented for modern management to keep old rules in the face of new, large revenue opportunities. There's too much pressure on every part of Parks to increase revenue every quarter.

Besides this, are there any operations rules from, say, 20 years ago that haven't been affected by the need to increase earnings?

seascape

$12,000 a night with an 80% occupancy rate would only result in $3,500,000.00 in revenue. It will not make that big a difference in the profitability of MK. And I doubt they will get 80% an occupancy rate. They will most likely get about 50 nights a year at $12,000 with another 25 nights at $10,000. While its a lot of money, it only amounts to pennies per attendee of the Magic Kingdom. In fact, with an attendance of 20 million a year, an average of 2 drinks a day per person means just a 5 cents increase in drink prices means $4,000,000 more in revenue.

MickeyMinnieMom

I'd be surprised if they sold more than 2 per day. It's 3x the cost of a regular VIP tour, and most families just want to avoid lines and hassles. I could be completely wrong.
I suspect you're wrong. There are many VIP tours out on any given day. At least some of them -- and maybe a new audience -- will sign up for this. While it might not be the case every day, I'm sure they could ultimately book more than one a day. No reason for them to limit it.

And I've been in that castle suite. I remember it being SMALL -- would 6 people even sleep in there comfortably?

disneyflush

If the castle suite count be booked by the general public for $25,000/night, what would its occupancy rate be for the year? Assuming celebrities, super wealthy, crowd funding, bucket list types, would it hit 75% or is that low?

TrojanUSC

Though it’s technically a room in the Contemporary room portfolio, the suite is a nightmare from an operational perspective. Guests are basically prisoners overnight. There’s no apparatus for food, amenities, housekeeping and anything else.

They’d be better off converting the whole thing to a private dining opportunity like they did at Disneyland.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If the castle suite count be booked by the general public for $25,000/night, what would its occupancy rate be for the year? Assuming celebrities, super wealthy, crowd funding, bucket list types, would it hit 75% or is that low?
Given that nearly all of WDW's deluxe suites are also at ridiculously high prices and seem to maintain a near 100% occupancy rate I am going to say it would be about the same.

The Bridge Suite at the Atlantis Resort in Nassau carries a ridiculous price tag and it is my understanding that it has a wait list that spans several years. The Cinderella Suite would be no different.

eliza61nyc

Given that nearly all of WDW's deluxe suites are also at ridiculously high prices and seem to maintain a near 100% occupancy rate I am going to say it would be about the same.

The Bridge Suite at the Atlantis Resort in Nassau carries a ridiculous price tag and it is my understanding that it has a wait list that spans several years. The Cinderella Suite would be no different.

Yep, like it or not there are folks out there that have wealth, big wealth and I'm not talking flashy athletes or reality stars. like I said before I found that out when I was younger and got a job reading bed time stories to a wealthy family's dogs. yep, spent the summer reading "good night" moon to a bunch of charles cavalier spaniels.

If you charge it, they will come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom