New WDW Experiences? Just took a survey online.

Buried20KLeague

Ha, believe what you will, no skin off my back.

They sent me a survey, I felt it would be a good idea to copy down what it told me, and here we are.

But... I'm not sure what part of this is the actual SURVEY. Everything you posted was just informational. :confused:

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth... I'd just like to know what they asked on the survey. Was it "would you like all this stuff?", or was it idea by idea, or was it about price levels, etc...

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
But... I'm not sure what part of this is the actual SURVEY. Everything you posted was just informational. :confused:

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth... I'd just like to know what they asked on the survey. Was it "would you like all this stuff?", or was it idea by idea, or was it about price levels, etc...

Each one of the "Sections" (Pirates, Epcot, Tastes etc..) each had all the info that I typed, and then at the bottom of the screen had a 1-10 to designate how much you disliked/liked each idea.

Before I saw any of the survey, they showed me each category, and I got to choose which I would enjoy. After I had finished with those, I had the oportunity to see the ones I didn't select at the beginning. I ended up seeing each category, and also the other ones they are thinking of adding (the Incredibles/Spa etc..). Each of these also had a 1-10, Like/dislike box at the bottom of the page.

allgar

I'd rather have a new ride. None of that entices me to want to visit. When will Disney learn?

Again, it comes down to differences.

I too would like more attractions, but enhanced experiences could be pretty cool too.

Thinking about the experiences from the past that were added, like the backstage tours, segway tours, bibbity-bobbity boutique, even character dining, all have had major success and yes they do attract visits. Maybe not for you, but for others. I for one would enjoy some new experiences and like some of the ideas proposed. We'll see if any of them actually make it.

durangojim

This also seems very likely to tie in with the Android devices they were testing a couple of months back. Sounds like taking pictures or seeing what attractions looked like in the past would be right up an "augmented reality" app's alley like layar. Pretty excited for this, and would be even more excited if there were actual android apps you could purchase and use on your own device.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I know that from survey to implementation, there could be TONS of changes (including not being implemented at all), but count me in as one would be very interested in some of these possibilities. I can only imagine my kids faces 5+ years down the road if some of these are used. Is it for everyone? No, but what is? I would think that there is a very large audience that would get a thrill out of this kind of experience.

Krack

Use phone to reveal EPCOT history: See the park as it looked in the past as your mobile device becomes a time portal- visit an attraction, choose a year on the portal, and hold it up to the ride to see the ride transform back to the way it used to be. Use time portal to take pics of you with old ride (way used to look/old ride).

I almost find this one insulting; it's like Disney is personally giving me the finger.

SSE Alternate Imagineer soundtrack: Ride SSE with imagineers who designed the ride give alternate audio commentary during the ride.

This is a great idea ... for free. That they would charge extra for this makes me sick.

/Yes, this was a negative post. No, I don't care if it bothers people.

Oddysey

I almost find this one insulting; it's like Disney is personally giving me the finger.

This is a great idea ... for free. That they would charge extra for this makes me sick.

/Yes, this was a negative post. No, I don't care if it bothers people.

Where did you see that such a feature would have an additional cost? Not arguing, but curious of what the cost may be. I am guessing that it could be like charging for a downloadable phone app or something?

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
Where did you see that such a feature would have an additional cost? Not arguing, but curious of what the cost may be. I am guessing that it could be like charging for a downloadable phone app or something?

In the survey, it stated that each "story" had a $100/pp cost. At first, I believed that to mean that if you wanted the videos/photos, it was $100/pp, but since the photos/videos come with each package, I do believe that any package you choose is that price.

I could however have misread/misinterpreted that. Not 100% sure either way, but leaning toward $$$$

PhilharMagician

After putting over a billion $$ into this project they found a way to get it back at $100 PP. How crazy of me to think that this next gen project was going to be incorporated into the everyday guests experience. I imagine there will be something for everyone, but probably more of a bone to draw you into spending the big bucks on the really cool stuff. I still look forward to seeing what comes out of this.

Horizonsfan

In the survey, it stated that each "story" had a $100/pp cost. At first, I believed that to mean that if you wanted the videos/photos, it was $100/pp, but since the photos/videos come with each package, I do believe that any package you choose is that price.

I could however have misread/misinterpreted that. Not 100% sure either way, but leaning toward $$$$

That's ridiculous. I'm sure people will pay for it; but it's highly underwhelming sounding for how much cash they are supposedly pumping into it and how much of an added cost it is.

Thanks TTA for posting the info.

Thurp

To this day I don't understand how this is going to involve day guests who are not visiting under any kind of package or guests who have APs. One time purchase for 24 hrs type thing perhaps?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom