New WDW Experiences? Just took a survey online.

Captain Neo

all of these ideas are terrible

Universal's survey asking if people would be interested in a Lord of the Rings land is more in line with what guests would want.

ms7479a

Anyone know if they would use this technology to enhance and add countries to the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure?

Unfortunately it does not look like any new countries will be added to KP any time soon. A complete storyline and mission was actually developed for Italy along with the rest of the existing missions, but for some reason it was never put into place.

mp2bill

I just took a survey online (gave email address at Epcot in late August 2010), and haven't seen the info anywhere else online. I basically copied down everything that was on the screen (Copy/Paster, nor Printscreen worked on the survey site, so I used a fair amount of paraphrasing, but still took an hour plus (It's OK, I'm at work :) ). Looks like what they're planning to used the RFID for. It's a bunch of info, so it may take a few posts to get it all in. Here goes....

Looks like your boss hired the right person!

UnrealFire

I took a survey today also, but the experience was different than the one you listed. The one I did was about personalized experiences where you setup all your information before you get to the resort. Then, presumably using RFID, everything is personalized to you as you explore the parks.
Examples included Cinderella knowing your child's name and her wishes, Toy Story Mania showing you your own personal high score each time you play, and special commentary on Spaceship Earth.

The package also included the unlimited photo/video and was $100 per person.

Also, I tried to copy the text and pictures but right-click was disabled and it wouldn't let me do print screen either. They're trying to keep this stuff secret.

wizards8507

Someone claiming to be "DWI" a few days ago made claims about new lands heading to the park and all sorts of other wacky things.

To be fair, that guy was abbreviating "Disney World Insider," not butchering "Walt Disney Imagineering," as it first appears.

But on the topic of the thread, I'm curious how much these "experiences" would cost.

TTA_CoP

Original Poster
I took a survey today also, but the experience was different than the one you listed. The one I did was about personalized experiences where you setup all your information before you get to the resort. Then, presumably using RFID, everything is personalized to you as you explore the parks.
Examples included Cinderella knowing your child's name and her wishes, Toy Story Mania showing you your own personal high score each time you play, and special commentary on Spaceship Earth.

Also, I tried to copy the text and pictures but right-click was disabled and it wouldn't let me do print screen either. They're trying to keep this stuff secret.

Definitely seemed like they wanted to keep this a secret. Unfortunately for them, I have WAYYYY too much free time at work as of late, and had time to take semi-detailed notes on the presentation/survey.

I misspelled Imagineer...once, and a few other tiny mistakes. I was taking notes as fast as possible, whilst toggling back and forth between an excel sheet whenever my boss walked by. If anyone wants to see the one printscreen I was able to grab from the site before it got disabled, PM me.

NoChesterHester

Definitely seemed like they wanted to keep this a secret. Unfortunately for them, I have WAYYYY too much free time at work as of late, and had time to take semi-detailed notes on the presentation/survey.

I misspelled Imagineer...once, and a few other tiny mistakes. I was taking notes as fast as possible, whilst toggling back and forth between an excel sheet whenever my boss walked by. If anyone wants to see the one printscreen I was able to grab from the site before it got disabled, PM me.

I for one got really excited with all this info. I can see the possibilities and believe this could completely revolutionize the theme park experience.

Horizonsfan

See now the options you listed are nice, like some of the ones listed by the OP, but I know I'm not the only one who doesn't want, or need, unlimited media and I definitely don't want to have to pay $100 to get special commentary and for them to remember my best TSMM score. Just my .02...

SMRT-1

"Use phone to reveal EPCOT history: See the park as it looked in the past as your mobile device becomes a time portal- visit an attraction, choose a year on the portal, and hold it up to the ride to see the ride transform back to the way it used to be. Use time portal to take pics of you with old ride (way used to look/old ride)."

kind of cool yet also sad. why not just spend the money on rehabbing the actual attractions since most of them were far better the way they used to be?

Captain Chaos

To be fair, that guy was abbreviating "Disney World Insider," not butchering "Walt Disney Imagineering," as it first appears.

But on the topic of the thread, I'm curious how much these "experiences" would cost.

People have quoted the survey here in this thread as $100 per person...

Princess_L

I think it's a neat idea. I am curious to see what comes of it.

And I think I would pay 100 pp for experience like that if I got use for a week.

_Scar

Are you sure? I thought he said he was a Disney World Imagineer which was when everyone realied he was fibbing since Disney World Imagineers don't exist. :lol:

inluvwithbeast

Are you sure? I thought he said he was a Disney World Imagineer which was when everyone realied he was fibbing since Disney World Imagineers don't exist. :lol:

I got the same thing out of that as well, Scar. I was pretty sure he was calling himelf an imagineer. Who works at 3am for 9 minutes only. :hammer:

Anyway... This sounds interesting but pricey. I mean, isn't just a spoofed up version of some of the packages they offer now? I mean instead of just getting a birthday cake delivered to your hotel room, you get 'experiences' in the park. Not something I'll probably ever experience, unless they happen to implement something like this in time for my honeymoon and I can talk my man into a Romance package. :p

Other than that I'd rather spend my money on hotel upgrades, park hoppers, and souvenirs. Maybe even an extra day in the park. Those seem like basic stuff. The whole body of the trip. These experiences? Expensive icing.

Plus, I take my on digi camera with me. I get more candid shots and I have a pretty high-quality one as well. I don't feel the need for a massive media package.

And that would be my two-cents.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

That was indeed his "updated" avatar at one point. Although I'm not certain if he could buy a pint at the local pub, let alone be an Imagineer with any sort of experience....:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom