new Universal resorts named and up dates

imperius

Many were saying Nintento was going to be the centre piece of the new park, but i suppose this news put the new park future in doubt :

Nintendo’s Zelda Slated to Replace Lost Continent at Islands of Adventure
https://themeparkuniversity.com/uni...place-lost-continent-at-islands-of-adventure/
Wut. This is again the wrong thread, but Zelda going into IOA means nothing for the new park as the Nintendo going there never really included Zelda. Good attempt though.

Disneyhead'71

Many were saying Nintento was going to be the centre piece of the new park, but i suppose this news put the new park future in doubt :

Nintendo’s Zelda Slated to Replace Lost Continent at Islands of Adventure
https://themeparkuniversity.com/uni...place-lost-continent-at-islands-of-adventure/
They have just switched which park Mario and Pokemon will be in. Before the 3rd gate was fast tracked, Mario was supposed to go into KidZone at USF and Pokemon at the new park. When they fast tracked the third gate they moved Pokemon to KidZone and Mario to anchor the 3rd gate.

Zelda has been the plan for IOA all along.

DarleneBurrows

They have just switched which park Mario and Pokemon will be in. Before the 3rd gate was fast tracked, Mario was supposed to go into KidZone at USF and Pokemon at the new park. When they fast tracked the third gate they moved Pokemon to KidZone and Mario to anchor the 3rd gate.

Zelda has been the plan for IOA all along.

You know this how ? Weren't you also saying Fast N Furious was going to be vastly different to the version from Hollywood?

Disneyhead'71

You know this how ? Weren't you also saying Fast N Furious was going to be vastly different to the version from Hollywood?
No. Some of us over at Inside Universal had the blueprints for F&F before they closed Disaster. What I did say was there would be more done to the San Francisco area than just the ride. Richter Burgers was supposed to get a F&F overlay. I also told everyone that after Fallon opened they made budget cuts to the ride because they knew that it was not going to be received well because of the 3d. They cut the 3D and the AA drivers too save money on a ride they knew would get panned anyway. I have never been pro F&F. I dislike the IP and knew from the get go that they were using the wrong ride system for it. I believe it was Jim Hill who started the rumor of added show scenes. I knew then that he was not correct.

DarleneBurrows

No. Some of us over at Inside Universal had the blueprints for F&F before they closed Disaster. What I did say was there would be more done to the San Francisco area than just the ride. Richter Burgers was supposed to get a F&F overlay.l I also told everyone that after Fallon opened they made budget cuts to the ride because they knew that it was not going to be received well because of the 3d. They cut the 3D and the AA drivers too save money on a ride they knew would get panned anyway. I have never been pro F&F. I dislike the IP and knew from the get go that they were using the wrong ride system for it. I believe it was Jim Hill who started the rumor of added show scenes. I knew then that he was not correct.

Let's be honest - your track record has been poor to rubbish.

I firmly remember the time you getting all defensive about Fast Furious when posters were bemoaning the attraction, how you claimed it would be PLUSED, and would be a much more grander attraction than what what we ended up getting (which was essentially the same as Hollywood, and rubbish at that). Firmly believe it was those false narratives that we would get more than what we did that hurt the attraction even more.

You've never once uttered Zelda was coming to IOA. Infact most of your posts claim Nintendo Land was being saved for a new park. Now another site reports it that Zelda is going into IOA ... suddenly you claim this was the plan all along. >ROLLS EYES<

imperius

I firmly remember the time you getting all defensive about Fast Furious when posters were bemoaning the attraction, how you claimed it would be PLUSED, and would be a much more grander attraction than what what we ended up getting (which was essentially the same as Hollywood, and rubbish at that). Firmly believe it was those false narratives that we would get more than what we did that hurt the attraction even more.

You've never once uttered Zelda was coming to IOA. Infact most of your posts claim Nintendo Land was being saved for a new park. Now another site reports it that Zelda is going into IOA ... suddenly you claim this was the plan all along. >ROLLS EYES<
Just leave already.

Disneyhead'71

Quote one post where I said F&F would be plussed. I dare ya.

And from March 3rd this year. Which was way before the Theme Park University article 4 days ago if my math is correct.

Screenshot_2018-09-09-17-49-40.png

Which is exactly what the Theme Park University article reported 4 days ago.

And now it's time to put you on ignore.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Let's be honest. This is the second time that you tipped your hand that you were involved in discussions here before your join date.

Everyone knows you're a disgruntled and possibly banned previous user who's only here to troll. It's clear you hate Disney and so you belong that that very very special group of people who hate Disney but are psychologically compelled to participate on a Disney fan forum. You're ill and you need help. Go get it. Until then, go away.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
does Universal own the lake next to the resort? and if so could they use part of it for a future expansion?

Yeah, this is a late reply, but, interestingly, they seem to own all but the southern tip of the lake.

1536545468150.png

Given all the non-permeable land use in the area, I'd doubt Uni would ever get permission to fill it in.

Now... piers over the water are a different matter...

matt9112

No. Some of us over at Inside Universal had the blueprints for F&F before they closed Disaster. What I did say was there would be more done to the San Francisco area than just the ride. Richter Burgers was supposed to get a F&F overlay. I also told everyone that after Fallon opened they made budget cuts to the ride because they knew that it was not going to be received well because of the 3d. They cut the 3D and the AA drivers too save money on a ride they knew would get panned anyway. I have never been pro F&F. I dislike the IP and knew from the get go that they were using the wrong ride system for it. I believe it was Jim Hill who started the rumor of added show scenes. I knew then that he was not correct.

i like the IP.....if it was done with a more robust ride system it would be better but im also in the minority that enjoy it as is. i knew it wasnt going to be a big E ticket and im ok with that....same with fallon both are fun and fill in gaps from the bigger rides.

JoeCamel

Would they have AP discounts on the rooms as well?
I doubt there will be much AP action. I usually stay long enough to get the stay more save more discount and it is larger than AP (if offered) or FL resident discounts. That is 4 nights or more I think but until they start booking rooms you just don't know what marketing will come up with.

I am sure there will be opening discounts and incentives, track record proves that out.

trr1

Original Poster
courtesy of Inside Universal
Universal’s Endless Summer Resort
Painting continues on the Surfside section of the Endless Summer Resort, including the parking garage. The entrance structure has also been erected. Over at Dockside, land has been cleared, but no vertical progress has started.

IMG_0637.jpg
1543892966681.png
1543892978578.png
1543892995605.png
1543893008719.png
1543893022857.png
1543893037137.png
1543893052151.png

Over at Dockside, land has been cleared, but no vertical progress has started.
1543893209557.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom