new Universal resorts named and up dates

JoeCamel

I believe it will be similar to the area between Cabana Bay and Turkey Lake. Hedge and Tall palms but no berm.
I haven't looked but wasn't a berm in the original proposal? Thought I remembered it but maybe the planning commission shot it down to help tie it to the roads?

trr1

Original Poster
From
[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] Jan 20
Structure complete at this area of Universal's Dockside Inn. First available room reservation are May 1, 2020.
DxYJZS5X0AAdJ1P.jpg

An end cap painted at Universal's Surfside Inn.
DxYJCyBXcAA8U0i.jpg

just a question does anyone know what this connects with?

Current work on the pedestrian bridge over Kirkman Rd near Universal's Major Blvd entrance.
DxYfi-kX4AAxsqQ.jpg
DxYfj51XcAERQqV.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

JoeCamel

[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] Mar 14
Universal's Dockside Inn seems small in first photo. However, truck for scale in second photo shows how big the wing really is.
View attachment 357275

View attachment 357276
Top of a section of Universal's Dockside Inn and concept art showing a second wave to be added.
View attachment 357277
View attachment 357278
Current state of first wing of Universal's Dockside Inn. Both ends will be extended further.
View attachment 357279
This is a huge expansion

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I stayed recently in an Aventura room. And I though it was rather cheap and tacky with some horrible flaws in basic utilities.

I can't imagine what a Universal property which is a downgrade from that would be like.

JoeCamel

I stayed recently in an Aventura room. And I though it was rather cheap and tacky with some horrible flaws in basic utilities.

I can't imagine what a Universal property which is a downgrade from that would be like.
I don't know about tacky but I was not impressed. We are not the demo that was designed for though....

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I don't know about tacky but I was not impressed. We are not the demo that was designed for though....

I'm 100% on board with the new Pop rooms. They did everything right. So, I don't mind a 'value' room if its design (utilitarian-wise) is good. But a single overhead LED flood light over the sink (and in front of the only mirror) is inexcusable (in Aventura).

Last edited:

trr1

Original Poster
[B]bioreconstruct[/B]‏ @[B]bioreconstruct[/B] Mar 23
More
Aerial view of Universal's Endless Summer Resort. Surfside Inn at left opens June 27. The much larger Dockside Inn across the street opens May 1, 2020; arrow at site of 2nd Dockside tower.

Aerial view of the lobby building of Universal's Surfside Inn.

Aerial look at the pool courtyard landscaping so far at Universal's Surfside Inn.

Aerial look at the landscaping so far at Universal's Surfside Inn. Guests with the first available reservations check in June 27.

Aerial view of Universal's Dockside Inn. Easy to see where the second tower will rise, other side of the lobby building, at the pond. UOR also owns the property other side of Precision Dr with the warehouse and office trailers.

OG Runner

They are what they are. They are large, value priced resorts. They are not the Portofino or Royal Pacific.
They are the equivalent of a "people-eater" ride. They are meant to get a lot people on Universal property.
Based on the pricing, I do think other room providers in the area could be a bit bothered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom