New Tower drop sequence is open

csm

Original Poster
Please, no. Is this really a possibility?

Anything is possible. If you think about it, less time spent in the drop shaft means a higher hourly capacity which means more people can get through the ride every day.

csm

Original Poster
I've heard what is running today is not the full extent of what to expect during Summer Nightastic. There are some things hidden behind a black tarp still and other effects still have yet to be turned on. Let's wait until Nightastic starts before making judgement on this.

It's not black tarp. It *is* the "effect". The black curtains are embedded with fiber optics, but they don't *do* anything. No pattern, no effect, they're just there.

_Scar

This forum is filled with threads predicated on the type of "I don't want to tell" posting styles that you mention, and plenty of people eat up those posts.

Personally, I consider a thread that has substantive information (the attraction seems shorter, the drop profiles aren't that great) about something that is in existence (the new effects) but doesn't disclose everything a lot more "useful" than many cryptic threads/posts by purported insiders who never really say much of anything and just claim to know things that may or may not happen in the distant future. How is the latter type of post "useful"?

Yes, it is. But this is entirely in different context.

People keep info o themselves if it means getting in actual trouble. The new portion of the ride is "open", so what is the big deal if you describe what happens in the ride for people who come here to find out what is going on with the Tower of Terror, arguably fans' favorite ride at WDW?

Timekeeper

If you think about it, less time spent in the drop shaft means a higher hourly capacity which means more people can get through the ride every day.

What's next, mandatory lap-seating? That would really bring a whole 'nother dimension to the ride :lol: And that's a kind of "ride experience" that I really don't want.

Or better yet, let's just do it like all of the TV commercials and have people standing inside the elevator. Surely, then, we could fit a good 30+ people in each car.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anything is possible. If you think about it, less time spent in the drop shaft means a higher hourly capacity which means more people can get through the ride every day.
From what I gather, running all available AGVs already has the ride running near max. Shortening the profiles would just cause more cascades. The ride and line was actually run at over capacity a while back as a test. It dosn`t work.

rsoxguy

I certainly hope that Martin's logic is applied by the people in charge of making a decision on the timing of the drop sequences. If Steve trusts the OP's information, I certainly do also. I just hope that the shorter timing is a temporary lapse in judgment by Disney.

csm

Original Poster
Yes, it is. But this is entirely in different context.

People keep info o themselves if it means getting in actual trouble. The new portion of the ride is "open", so what is the big deal if you describe what happens in the ride for people who come here to find out what is going on with the Tower of Terror, arguably fans' favorite ride at WDW?

You know what - this has gone to far.

How bout this - I did not post a review. I never intended it as a review. I posted a piece of information that the ride is open for those who wish to experience it. Got a problem Scar? Get in your car, start driving up 75 and ride it.

It blows my mind that I try to do something helpful for members of a forum that I *don't even read anymore* and I get greeted with this kind of reaction - especially in your case where you have clearly posted a few things directed at me and then deleted them (or a mod did?) when realizing how inappropriate they are.

I thought others would be excited to hear that they can ride it earlier than expected. My mistake. Won't happen again from my end. To the mods - and I'm serious - if you'd be willing to delete my account, that would be fine.

rsoxguy

How bout this - I did not post a review. I never intended it as a review. I posted a piece of information that the ride is open for those who wish to experience it. Got a problem Scar? Get in your car, start driving up 75 and ride it.

It blows my mind that I try to do something helpful for members of a forum that I *don't even read anymore* and I get greated with this kind of reaction - especially in your case where you have clearly posted a few things directed at me and then deleted them (or a mod did?) when realizing how inappropriate they are.

I thought others would be excited to hear that they can ride it earlier than expected. My mistake. Won't happen again from my end. To the mods - and I'm serious - if you'd be willing to delete my account, that would be fine.

I don't know you, but I do appreciate the information that you have shared with the rest of us. Please reconsider your position on this matter. Not everyone (or even ANYONE?) shares the critical positioning of some.

nibblesandbits

It blows my mind that I try to do something helpful for members of a forum that I *don't even read anymore* and I get greeted with this kind of reaction - especially in your case where you have clearly posted a few things directed at me and then deleted them (or a mod did?) when realizing how inappropriate they are.

rsoxguy said:
I don't know you, but I do appreciate the information that you have shared with the rest of us. Please reconsider your position on this matter. Not everyone (or even ANYONE?) shares the critical positioning of some.

I agree...

I'm one who appreciates the info as well, as I'm sure many others do who simply just aren't as vocal as some around these parts.

Any real information that anyone feels the desire to talk about is A-OK.

Edit: Oh and Scar, sometimes it is ok to keep your opinions to yourself...:zipit: (Keep in mind, I'm not trying to start a flame war...just giving you a tip, especially when you scare away someone who has legit info.)

ryanduggers

I thought others would be excited to hear that they can ride it earlier than expected. My mistake. Won't happen again from my end. To the mods - and I'm serious - if you'd be willing to delete my account, that would be fine.[/

Don't let the trolls get the best of you, what you wrote was fine.

Responding to trolls only enables them even more.

I would bet that most people on WDWMagic understand what your intent was, but are too afraid to speak up because they don't want to get flamed.

Please do not leave, that only empowers them more, just ignore them.

my 2 cents

maybe someone could take a stopwatch on TOT to find out for sure....

csm

Original Poster
Don't let the trolls get the best of you, what you wrote was fine.

Responding to trolls only enables them even more.

I would bet that most people on WDWMagic understand what your intent was, but are too afraid to speak up because they don't want to get flamed.

Please do not leave, that only empowers them more, just ignore them.

my 2 cents

maybe someone could take a stopwatch on TOT to find out for sure....

Appreciated.

Someone asked what else is different. The awkward answer is in a sense, the temporary removal of the Fifth Dimension scene. You still go through it, of course, but it's completely covered in black curtains embedded with very basic fiber optics.

Regarding the timing - someone worth trusting told me they timed it today and it's the same. I suppose the lack of eventfulness created the impression that there's less time spent there. There were a couple of times (literally only two) where I said "Oh!" but not a one that I said "Wow!"

Tower's one of my favorite rides in the entire world. Honestly, there's only three or four other rides that even come close to how much I value it. It's not that I'm anti-tower and thus have nothing good to say. It's much more that I'm pro-tower and there *is* nothing good to say. :(

rsoxguy

Appreciated.

Someone asked what else is different. The awkward answer is in a sense, the temporary removal of the Fifth Dimension scene. You still go through it, of course, but it's completely covered in black curtains embedded with very basic fiber optics.

Regarding the timing - someone worth trusting told me they timed it today and it's the same. I suppose the lack of eventfulness created the impression that there's less time spent there. There were a couple of times (literally only two) where I said "Oh!" but not a one that I said "Wow!"

Tower's one of my favorite rides in the entire world. Honestly, there's only three or four other rides that even come close to how much I value it. It's not that I'm anti-tower and thus have nothing good to say. It's much more that I'm pro-tower and there *is* nothing good to say. :(

Thanks for the information. It is appreciated!

LoriMistress

I enjoyed the information that you shared. I wouldn't let one person who's a jerk scare you off from not replying here. Believe me, I've experienced a good handful of people on this site (which I'm not going to name--because it's old news and pointless to rehash an argument). Long story short--I wrote a comment on the boards that not everyone was happy with, and from that point there were rude people that assumed what kind of person that I was and flat out wrote how much of a "horrible person I was," and suggested if I have any kids (which I don't), that my kids should be taken away, etc. I never replied to a single response, because--to be completely honest, I don't really care. They're just words on a screen. Bottom line is that some people are just nasty ugly people on the inside and out. Negative rude people like that are not happy with their own personal life, and feel like they have to bring others down to make themselves feel better.

Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I enjoyed the information that you shared. I wouldn't let one person who's a jerk scare you off from not replying here. Believe me, I've experienced a good handful of people on this site (which I'm not going to name--because it's old news and pointless to rehash an argument). Long story short--I wrote a comment on the boards that not everyone was happy with, and from that point there were rude people that assumed what kind of person that I was and flat out wrote how much of a "horrible person I was," and suggested if I have any kids (which I don't), that my kids should be taken away, etc. I never replied to a single response, because--to be completely honest, I don't really care. They're just words on a screen. Bottom line is that some people are just nasty ugly people on the inside and out. Negative rude people like that are not happy with their own personal life, and feel like they have to bring others down to make themselves feel better.

Asinine-America-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg

You just had to go there, didn't you.....:)

rsoxguy

^
Hey Lori, I don't know what happened with the situation you're speaking of, but I think that you should lay off the ice cream bars for your health's sake. :)

EpcotServo

It blows my mind that I try to do something helpful for members of a forum that I *don't even read anymore* and I get greeted with this kind of reaction -

You may find Magic a more savage place then you remember...

(Ewww, that hurt. It worked, but I hate narnia. Let me wash that out with a...)

...I'd say welcome friend. But not here. Not like this.

(Alright...Tron...Better.)

LoriMistress

You just had to go there, didn't you.....:)
I did. Sometimes, you gotta go with your gut instinct. :D

^
Hey Lori, I don't know what happened with the situation you're speaking of, but I think that you should lay off the ice cream bars for your health's sake. :)
:lol: It's kinda funny, because when I wrote my comment (regarding my situation), I checked the boards a day or two later to see if anyone responded to it, and nothing. Then, a few days later, there were three to five pages of nothing but trash talking about me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom