New Tower drop sequence is open

Timekeeper

Hmmm, "shorter" could imply that: there is less time (duration) spent in the shaft; or there are fewer ups and downs (movement) in the shaft; or the drops themselves are smaller (distance) with less top-to-bottom sequences in the shaft, etc. :shrug:

P.S. Yes, there are a few TWSS opportunities here, but let's stay focused :sohappy:

rsoxguy

Disney and the Red Sox? Tell me that you are dashingly handsome, and I will believe that we are long-lost brothers. :lol:

csm

Original Poster
Hmmm, "shorter" could imply that: there is less time (duration) spent in the shaft; or there are fewer ups and downs (movement) in the shaft; or the drops themselves are smaller (distance) with less top-to-bottom sequences in the shaft, etc. :shrug:

Why speculate on what it "could imply" when I directly said what it meant in the exact same setence of that post?

it feels considerabely shorter (in terms of time spent in the drop shaft)

rsoxguy

P.S. Yes, there are a few TWSS opportunities here, but let's stay focused :sohappy:

I truly am curious as to what the new sequences are all about. I love this attraction from start to finish, and I would hate to see them shorten the drop time.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Disney and the Red Sox? Tell me that you are dashingly handsome, and I will believe that we are long-lost brothers. :lol:

I could tell you that, and me wife would probably back me up (after I've served up a couple of rounds), but I'll leave the handsome moniker to others. :eek:

However, being from Portland, ME, (and at one time having Pudge Fisk as our next-door neighbors in Brunswick) the Sox, Celts and Pats are in my bloodstream (As is all of the beer I consumed at those games. Still.). But, I've off the Bruins bandwagon until the Abrams family sells the team to someone who actually cares about professional hockey in Boston.

RSoxNo1

You insult me sir.:p

I would never purposefully do that to a fellow Sox fan....:ROFLOL:

I could tell you that, and me wife would probably back me up (after I've served up a couple of rounds), but I'll leave the handsome moniker to others. :eek:

However, being from Portland, ME, (and at one time having Pudge Fisk as our next-door neighbors in Brunswick) the Sox, Celts and Pats are in my bloodstream (As is all of the beer I consumed at those games. Still.). But, I've off the Bruins bandwagon until the Abrams family sells the team to someone who actually cares about professional hockey in Boston.

Hmmm... Some Boston lovefest going on here. I suppose I'll allow it.

As for the shorter ride of Tower of Terror, this could technically facilitate a larger ride capacity, and may be an underlying reason for the modifications for the summer months.

Timekeeper

Why speculate on what it "could imply" when I directly said what it meant in the exact same setence of that post?

Because addressing one topic (time spent in the shaft) is not to the exclusion of the other topics (distance and movement), and thus the implication - as a whole - is not clear. For many people who love the Tower, a "shorter" experience, at face value, is a negative thing. But, for example, if less shaft time was coupled with increased ride movement and distance, then people might not be as worried about the Tower decreasing in ride quality. Thus, the implication as to one factor, with the absence of the other factors, appears rather vague. :shrug:

rsoxguy

I'll be at Fenway on the 3rd of July (traveling from South Florida), but the strongest drink I'll be having is a soda. Maybe by then they'll get the whole "shorter drop sequence" thing reversed at WDW.

rsoxguy

Because addressing one topic (time spent in the shaft) is not to the exclusion of the other topics (distance and movement), and thus the implication - as a whole - is not clear. For many people who love the Tower, a "shorter" experience, at face value, is a negative thing. But, for example, if less shaft time was coupled with increased ride movement and distance, then people might not be as worried about the Tower decreasing in ride quality. Thus, the implication as to one factor, with the absence of the other factors, appears rather vague. :shrug:

You just blew my brain circuits. Please do not bring up String Theory! :)

Timekeeper

You just blew my brain circuits. Please do not bring up String Theory! :)

:ROFLOL: I am merely offering that one seemingly negative factor could be misleading when it comes to the big picture. If I revealed that a new version of Spectromagic now lasts 20 minutes instead of 25 minutes, fans might say booooooo. But, if the new version also included a series of new bigger and better floats and characters, the boooooos may be overshadowed by the yaaaaaaays. Worse yet - if I saw the parade and knew about the new floats and characters, but only told you about it's decreased duration.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:ROFLOL: I am merely offering that one seemingly negative factor could be misleading when it comes to the big picture. If I revealed that a new version of Spectromagic now lasts 20 minutes instead of 25 minutes, fans might say booooooo. But, if the new version also included a series of new bigger and better floats and characters, the boooooos may be overshadowed by the yaaaaaaays. Worse yet - if I saw the parade and knew about the new floats and characters, but only told you about it's decreased duration.
Let me see if I can strip this down a bit.....More quality less quantity.:D

totodog

or inversely...if you said the 25 minute parade is now a 30 minute parade....(the crowd goes wild!) :sohappy:...oh yeah it involves a 5 minute tribute to It's a Small World in the middle complete with song.....(the crowd runs for the exits!) :eek:

Next Big Thing

I've heard what is running today is not the full extent of what to expect during Summer Nightastic. There are some things hidden behind a black tarp still and other effects still have yet to be turned on. Let's wait until Nightastic starts before making judgement on this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom