New Tomorrows Child!!!

Figment571

It's on the Millennium Celebration CD as well as the Illuminations soundtrack. I don't think either one is still available at retail.

I'm fairly sure it's on any of the yearly Official Albums.

You mean SSE's music? I have all of those and it's not on there. I love that final music and it touches me. I'll be sad to hear it go but progress is what EPCOT is all about. (now about progress in those cars....)

CSUFSteve

I dunno, while I would like to believe the 'Tomorrow's Child' thing, I don't think they should put it back in just for nostalgia's sake. They should only do it if it makes sense with the reworked attraction / story to do it. Also, the story of Future World has changed significantly and SSE is one of the few elements that harkens back to the old Epcot. I'm curious, but skeptical.

dixiegirl

I remember when Sandi Patti was the voice of Epcot; then they stupidly pulled her Illuminations vocals. :mad:

Kellie's voice is beautiful, but Sandi's is...well...pretty much better than anyone else's!

Oh, not heard(I don't think anyway) her version...any place I can hear it???I love Kellie's voice but am curious to hear sandi's.

jasondiff

You mean SSE's music? I have all of those and it's not on there. I love that final music and it touches me. I'll be sad to hear it go but progress is what EPCOT is all about. (now about progress in those cars....)

Sorry I thought you were talking about We Go On. The original Tomorrow's Child is on at least one of the early Official Albums (I have the '88 one).

Epcot82Guy

I dunno, while I would like to believe the 'Tomorrow's Child' thing, I don't think they should put it back in just for nostalgia's sake. They should only do it if it makes sense with the reworked attraction / story to do it. Also, the story of Future World has changed significantly and SSE is one of the few elements that harkens back to the old Epcot. I'm curious, but skeptical.

I dunno. I actually think the concepts that have been suggested for SSE would make TC an even better fit for this new attraction. It really sort of suggested what all of FW was about, but I think that is now being encapsulated into SSE. And, look at the post show. It is pretty much a playground for the future. Very forward looking, yet, in design, for a "child". Obviously time will tell, but I think a new version of the song may make more sense now than ever.

Epcot82Guy

I remember when Sandi Patti was the voice of Epcot; then they stupidly pulled her Illuminations vocals. :mad:

Kellie's voice is beautiful, but Sandi's is...well...pretty much better than anyone else's!

That's interesting. I thought the exact opposite when I heard Sandi's (i.e., I'm really glad they went with Kellie). But, I also heard Kellie's version first. I always believe that plays a huge role in which you identify as better. I've always been impressed, though, that they added very unique qualities to the song. I would love to see Sandi come back for a series of parade vocals. At this point, I'm just glad to have good, original music returning to Epcot. :lol:

jasondiff

That's interesting. I thought the exact opposite when I heard Sandi's (i.e., I'm really glad they went with Kellie). But, I also heard Kellie's version first. I always believe that plays a huge role in which you identify as better. I've always been impressed, though, that they added very unique qualities to the song. I would love to see Sandi come back for a series of parade vocals. At this point, I'm just glad to have good, original music returning to Epcot. :lol:

My sentiments exactly! While I like the Soarin score, it lacks vocals. When is the last time a new song debuted in Epcot (not counting the new one in Canada)? I still miss Listen to the Land!

goodolgm

I do believe the original "Tomorrow's Child" is on the HCOE official album -- at least that's how I have it tagged...Disc 1, track 18. Hope that helps a little.

jasondiff

I do believe the original "Tomorrow's Child" is on the HCOE official album -- at least that's how I have it tagged...Disc 1, track 18. Hope that helps a little.

You are right - that's the 2-disc set that has a lot of old park music. I think that is the first time TC has been released since it left the park in '94.

Slowjack

I'm a big-time "old school" Epcot fan, but I have to say I never really liked Tomorrow's Child. The music is okay, although obviously a little dated--presumably that would be corrected in a new version. By the lyrics are banal, a generic mishmash of terms like "hope" and "inspire" without any real thought behind them...it reminds me of that Simpsons episode where the Olympic committee comes to Springfield and the kids sing that song about how children are the future that just goes "Children! Children! Future! Future!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the return of the original Epcot ethos, and I'm very excited about this Spaceship Earth redo. But Tomorrow's Child just doesn't do it for me.

CSUFSteve

That's interesting. I thought the exact opposite when I heard Sandi's (i.e., I'm really glad they went with Kellie). But, I also heard Kellie's version first.

Is there an example you can point me to of a "Kellie" vs "Sandi" voice. Someone mentioned Sandi once being the voice of Epcot. So is she the one who does the RoE announcements and NYE countdown, etc.?

As for TC, yeah, like I said, I'm keeping an open mind. As long as it works with the attraction changes, fine.

And yeah, Patrick Stewart as a narrator?!?! That would be sweet!! The DVC newsletter did mention that SSE was getting a new narrator. Some of it we already knew but some was new to me anyway.

"Plans call for enhancements to each of the ride scenes, as well as the addition of new scenes, lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration, and music. The 'time machine' vehicles are also getting an overhaul, adding new onboard touch screens that will let Guests create their own visions of the future and see themselves in that vision...Phased renovations are scheduled to continue throughout 2007, with the entire Spaceship Earth makeover slated for completion in Spring 2008."

tirian

As far as I know, Sandi only recorded the Christmas tag and did a few specials there. She is certainly not the person who originally sang "Tomorrow's Child"! :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom