New Tomorrowland @ Disneyland? Is this the year it finally gets announced? No, and that’s OK

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well between that and Villains the thought is that the ROA /TSI will at the very least be shrunk considerably.
Maybe, but couldn't they also go west instead for either project? There is a plot of land there as well. So I think they have enough area around Frontierland that they don't have to touch ROA/TSI in my opinion. But I guess we'll see soon enough, as the Cars area will start construction next year.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They need to gut Innoventions and add something old in its place. There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow …..
Wasn't it rumored at one point for it to be torn down and turned into a restaurant or something?

Anyways I did find it interesting they did a whole rendition of Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, I thought that was where they were going to announce a TL redo with a new CoP for DL. But alas it wasn't to be...

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Wasn't it rumored at one point for it to be torn down and turned into a restaurant or something?

Anyways I did find it interesting they did a whole rendition of Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, I thought that was where they were going to announce a TL redo with a new CoP for DL. But alas it wasn't to be...
I just remember it being rumored to be a Tron ride prior to it opening in Shanghai and Orlando.

Oh I did not know they sang that song today. What a tease.

Nland316

Yah, 2026 does make some sense to me.

I doubt they’d begin any work on anything at DL proper until after the 70th. Autopia probably won’t even go down until 2026, or when the celebration is over.

One day they’ll announce it lol

mickEblu

Original Poster

Wouldn’t be shocked if it got cut again

Captain Neo

Side note too… Just a gut feeling..

I would not be surprised if Fantastic 4 (if successful) is included in a New Tomorrowland.

My top IP guesses for any rethemes / new additions as of right now would be Tron Ares, Fantastic 4, and Elio.

elio and Tron ares are going to bomb at the box office

Good ol’ Lilo & Stitch is more likely

MoonRakerSCM

Poor Tron :-(
1723367735937.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
They announced 4 rides for DCA. None that touch the Forever plots. Huge win for the resort IMHO.

Tomorrowland will have its time.

Realistically, a lot of the TLC Tomorrowland needs is more minor.

They announced Wreck it Ralph for Tokyo in a blog post, they can do the same for Disneyland in a year. Same for PeopleMover if they so choose to do so.

Tomorrowland’s footprint is small, and while it needs work, it’s not a multibillion dollar project.

If the TL project is just a light reskin I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s announced on a parks blog or at Destination D23.

MoonRakerSCM

I seriously wonder if Disney knew a lot of people thought they were talking about Tland when the magic mirror showed up... "I wont talk about that wasteland"...

Every person I was watching with was laughing about how they were acknowledging how Tland is decrepit. But then, nah... nuttin.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I seriously wonder if Disney knew a lot of people thought they were talking about Tland when the magic mirror showed up... "I wont talk about that wasteland"...

Every person I was watching with was laughing about how they were acknowledging how Tland is decrepit. But then, nah... nuttin.

With the Deadpool humor and self awareness they had last night I thought for sure it was for a few seconds until the music started playing and purple lights. They probably thought the Magic Mirror would instantly have people think Villains Land. But the words " twisted and broken land" could only lead an Anaheim heavy crowd to think Tomorrowland. Villains isn't twisted n broken, it doesn't exist yet. Then again it probably wouldn't be a great way to refer to one of their current lands at the park but as I said- they were very self aware last night.

TheRealSkull

Man, they cannot be using the words and phrases "Tomorrow" and "a land is twisted and broken," to a crowd of Anaheim fans. Then again, it was Magic Mirror. Man, it would have been cool to announce both Villains and Tomorrowland at the same time. One last big announcement for Orlando and Anaheim. The intro orchestra segment teasing silhouettes of Tomorrowland also made me so sure. Also the president of Disneyland commenting how a big chunk of the announcements were for Disneyland, but I really thought he meant for Disneyland Park, too.

But there's probably a reason they did not announce anything for Tomorrowland yet. And I say, "yet" because I think it is a sure bet Imagineering is aware of the demand for a refresh of Tomorrowland. If they were as self-aware as they were last night, then yes, they know how badly fans want this. But there is a reason. For one, it is probably still in the Blue Sky phase. We probably would have gotten something about it, had the backlash from D23 2022 hadn't occurred. They were not going to announce anything that wasn't greenlit.

My guess is they probably need the land opened next year for the 70th. Announce the refresh for D23 2026, start construction in 2027 and have it open by the 75th in 2030. 3 1/2 years should be plenty of time. They built Galaxy's Edge in that timeframe. By the 75th, we could be seeing them open Pandora, two Avengers rides, the Coco boat ride, and a Tomorrowland refresh. And honestly, for a celebration and milestone as big as the 75th, maybe waiting on Tomorrowland was necessary and better long-term. They probably will need the capacity in DCA and the distraction of new experiences before refreshing Tomorrowland.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
With the Deadpool humor and self awareness they had last night I thought for sure it was for a few seconds until the music started playing and purple lights. They probably thought the Magic Mirror would instantly have people think Villains Land. But the words " twisted and broken land" could only lead an Anaheim heavy crowd to think Tomorrowland. Villains isn't twisted n broken, it doesn't exist yet. Then again it probably wouldn't be a great way to refer to one of their current lands at the park but as I said- they were very self aware last night.
When music started and Magic Mirror showed up before he even spoke I immediately thought Villains Land, enough though I was disappointed it wasn't a TL announcement. I even posted Villains Land in the D23 thread immediately when he showed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom