new ToD parade route

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by mktiggerman
hey gang, this is official news.. not BS or hearsay..

effective September 29, ToD will no longer be performed from Germany to Mexico and back.. it will be Morocco-Germany only

Is it a seasonal change (as fewer guests during the winter season) or a permanent change ?

Michael72688

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
I'll be happy to come down there and be in ToD. Sign me up!! [/QUOTE

Me too! and every time I have seen that great parade it has been packed especially from Mexico to Germany, it will be sad to see that there is only one route left. Because they are extending the 100 years of Magic is the parade going to be extended to Feb.?

Michael72688

Originally posted by pepsistar
TON was the better parade!!! The Sage of time was great!!! TOD is silly???:confused: Makes no sense----

All of the times I have seen it the Dreamweaver and friends do not seem/or try to be to be very convincing-- NOT ? happy with their parts--- I wish they would have left it alone!!! Also, it seems much shorter:veryconfu is it? Plus the old music was catchy and much much better.

Will they be changing any of the parades in the near future? I will have to say I was impressed, and pleased with the new MK parade, the daytime one. It is the best daytime parade in a while!!

BUT, Sprectromagic does not compare to the orginal- Main Strreet Electrical Parade. Besides when it is only on once a week how can you see it without wasting the whole day?? night!!

The music wasnt changed, all they did was add some voices and said Dream, Dream, Dream alot. It is still great

Testtrack321

MKT, when did they show ToN over the past 6 months? But after the 100YoM, do you think the old one will come back because the theme dosn't fit anymore?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Re: Re: new ToD parade route

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

Is it a seasonal change (as fewer guests during the winter season) or a permanent change ?

from what we're told, it's permanent

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Michael72688
Me too! and every time I have seen that great parade it has been packed especially from Mexico to Germany, it will be sad to see that there is only one route left. Because they are extending the 100 years of Magic is the parade going to be extended to Feb.?

we're told it'll be gone by march, with no immediate replacement, with word of a new light parade in the future

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Michael72688
The music wasnt changed, all they did was add some voices and said Dream, Dream, Dream alot. It is still great

it was changed... the entire intro is new, and the Millenium Celebration reprise is gone

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
MKT, when did they show ToN over the past 6 months? But after the 100YoM, do you think the old one will come back because the theme dosn't fit anymore?

it was actually more than 6 months ago when I think about it.. it was around December or January (I believe), and it was only half cast, not full cast.. it was for a private convention. I don't think anything will come back after 100YoM, and actually look forward to that

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by tenchu
I take it illuminations is staying put?

uhh.. yeah. That's too popular to even think about ditching it

wannabeBelle

Well I am glad they are keeping Illuminations!! Although I still like ToD parade I have to agree ToN was better. I dig the music though. Maybe I am just simple to please!!! Not to cause a thread drift here but MKTiggerman have you noiticed that there is a lot of attractions closing in MK specifically Fantasyland? Are they ever going to do anything with the 20,000 leagues under the sea lagoon?

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Not to cause a thread drift here but MKTiggerman have you noiticed that there is a lot of attractions closing in MK specifically Fantasyland? Are they ever going to do anything with the 20,000 leagues under the sea lagoon?

I haven't noticed... maybe it's just cause I avoid MK like the plague...

and my guess for 20k.. is not a thing...

AND THIS IS FOR EVERYONE... DON'T TURN THIS INTO A 20K THREAD... that's all that I ask

wdwcrazy

Well I'll be sad when ToD it gone. I think that ToN/ToD was the most unique parade that wdw has ever put on, and it was such an amazing parades especially when it was ToN. :(

Testtrack321

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
Well I'll be sad when ToD it gone. I think that ToN/ToD was the most unique parade that wdw has ever put on, and it was such an amazing parades especially when it was ToN. :(

Amen, lets hope it plays till August so I can see it one more time and video tape it all...

no2apprentice

Originally posted by mktiggerman

... after all I'm just a CM, and since I don't pay admission, my opinion isn't worth diddly squat to Disney

And depending on who you listen to, the opinions of shareholders, guests, long-time fans, and WDI aren't worth diddly squat, either!

Mktiggerman, if the rumour is for a new light parade, no daytime parades, correct?

wdwcrazy

Do you think that there is ANY chance of ToN coming back?

I'm thinking of writing a letter to them. If you want Disney to really listen, I've found that writing a letter instead of e-mail works a lot better.

wannabeBelle

Sorry MKTiggerman I didnt know 20k was such a huge topic!! But I Am not going to go there!!!! Anyhow I will miss the parade going in three spots at once!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom