new ToD parade route

celticdog

I haven't seen ToD, however a have seen ToN numerous times, how does ToD differ from ToN?

I enjoyed ToN, it was a little long, but still enjoyable.

Testtrack321

Three questions MKT.

1.) Compared to ToN, how "bad" is bad for guest survey's and the entertainemt departemnt to ditch it.

2.) What puppet were you doing to get injured?

3.) What are the plans? ToN? Or ANOTHER character parade? And what will they do with the floats and puppets.

A comment. I got to talk to a CM doing ToD and he said that many people love it and that he loved it too. He wasn't in the college prgram or anything. What could have happened to make this parade crap?

dalton30720

I thoroughly enjoyed ToN, but am not a big fan of ToD. On my recent trip to WDW, I (and others) were surveyed regarding ToD. The survey guy told me that everyone is saying they're ready for something totally new. In my opinion, it's time for ToN/ToD to end and something brand new to take it'splace.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
Three questions MKT.

1.) Compared to ToN, how "bad" is bad for guest survey's and the entertainemt departemnt to ditch it.

2.) What puppet were you doing to get injured?

3.) What are the plans? ToN? Or ANOTHER character parade? And what will they do with the floats and puppets.

A comment. I got to talk to a CM doing ToD and he said that many people love it and that he loved it too. He wasn't in the college prgram or anything. What could have happened to make this parade crap?

1-bad enough... I'm not allowed to give specific numbers... it's in the bottom 10 entertainment offering at WDW, and is ranked second lowest of the parades...

2-My first injury was caused by Hammer, in which my right ankle was sprained and my left one broken, the second one which took me out for the long haul was caused by Marionette

3-no plans... we've all heard rumors of a new parade using lightmagic technology

what happened... hmm. Most of the cast could care less about the parade, most of the management could care less about it, and most of the guests could care less!

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by wdwcrazy
I'll be happy to come down there and be in ToD. Sign me up!!

if you're taller than 5'4, and have a strong back, then go and apply.... I'll see how quickly your attitude changes

Passport

I saw the ToD once and now I avoid the area like the plague. Could someone please explain the parade to me. I remember seeing people, puppets and a drummer on a wheel then I would see the whole thing over again but in a different color. Was there ever anything more?

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Passport
Was there ever anything more?

there are also 3 "dreamseekers" in ToD.. they are performers that scare the crap out of me

MKingdom25

Originally posted by mktiggerman

what happened... hmm. Most of the cast could care less about the parade, most of the management could care less about it, and most of the guests could care less!

That's deep man! :lol: But I agree, sometimes common sense is the best thing to do.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Question MKtiggerman: What are they going to do with all of the extra puppets, drums and the extra dream finder thing?

extra puppets- now we can staff a full pass, and have spares when a puppet breaks

extra drums.. you mean RPU's- same.. now we actually have spares

extra dreamfinder tug-same

Testtrack321

Ah... but wait.

What will they do with them when the parade shows it's final performance?

Also, was Tapestry always looked down upon or were there days when management loved it, CM's folocked to it, and guests loved it?

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
What will they do with them when the parade shows it's final performance?

Also, was Tapestry always looked down upon or were there days when management loved it, CM's folocked to it, and guests loved it?

they will do the same thing they do with every parades final performance.. the floats will be disassembled and used for spare parts, and the costumes will be sent to storage in the warehouse. A few of the tugs, dreamseeker floats and RPU's may be kept for conventions..

And ToN was loved by the cast, management and guests... ToD isn't

wdwcrazy

I just don't get it, ToD and ToN weren't that different. If ToN was so popular, why don't they go back to the old music and change the dreamseekers into somting else, maybe sages of time? Also why is ToD hated by the cast so much now? :(

RobFL

Account Suspended
I just don't get it, ToD and ToN weren't that different. If ToN was so popular, why don't they go back to the old music and change the dreamseekers into somting else, maybe sages of time? Also why is ToD hated by the cast so much now? :(

People are fickle...

-Rob

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster

we are all well aware that Disney will never admit they have made a mistake.. they could've easily returned the original Figment ride, but NO.. the could've just as easily returned the MSEP to Disneyland (instead they relabel is Disney's Electrical Parade and put it in DCA).. but NO. Just like in the past, this is happening again. It would cost next to nothing to return ToN... trust me, they have ran ToN in the last 6 months for a private showing, so it can be done.. but they won't, since they won't admit they've done wrong.

ToD is hated by the cast for the same reason Mulan parade (in WDW, not DL) was hated by the cast... no CM likes being in a crappy parade... not one.

pepsistar

TON was the better parade!!! The Sage of time was great!!! TOD is silly???:confused: Makes no sense----

All of the times I have seen it the Dreamweaver and friends do not seem/or try to be to be very convincing-- NOT ? happy with their parts--- I wish they would have left it alone!!! Also, it seems much shorter:veryconfu is it? Plus the old music was catchy and much much better.

Will they be changing any of the parades in the near future? I will have to say I was impressed, and pleased with the new MK parade, the daytime one. It is the best daytime parade in a while!!

BUT, Sprectromagic does not compare to the orginal- Main Strreet Electrical Parade. Besides when it is only on once a week how can you see it without wasting the whole day?? night!!

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by pepsistar
TON was the better parade!!! The Sage of time was great!!! TOD is silly???:confused: Makes no sense----

All of the times I have seen it the Dreamweaver and friends do not seem/or try to be to be very convincing-- NOT ? happy with their parts--- I wish they would have left it alone!!! Also, it seems much shorter:veryconfu is it? Plus the old music was catchy and much much better.

Will they be changing any of the parades in the near future? I will have to say I was impressed, and pleased with the new MK parade, the daytime one. It is the best daytime parade in a while!!

BUT, Sprectromagic does not compare to the orginal- Main Strreet Electrical Parade. Besides when it is only on once a week how can you see it without wasting the whole day?? night!!

hmm.. can you please rewrite the first few sentences, in a way that makes sense... I really want to reply to this since i see a few things in it that interest me, but I can't understand anything in the first sentences.

ok.. back to my reply

>>TON was the better parade!!! The Sage of time was great!!! TOD is silly???:confused: Makes no sense----<<

umm.. I'm confused, I can't make sense of this

>>All of the times I have seen it the Dreamweaver and friends do not seem/or try to be to be very convincing-- NOT ? happy with their parts--- I wish they would have left it alone!!! Also, it seems much shorter:veryconfu is it? Plus the old music was catchy and much much better.<<

the music is almost identical... but I do wish they would've left it alone. As for convincing, how convincing can someone be for $6.50/hr while they lipsynch a whole dialogue... no wonder they can't get any actors to do it, so they take who they can get.

>>Will they be changing any of the parades in the near future? I will have to say I was impressed, and pleased with the new MK parade, the daytime one. It is the best daytime parade in a while!!<<

ok.. this one makes sense to me. They will keep updating the MGM parade when new movies premiere, as that is what keeps that parade new and fresh. The MK parade has already been changed 3 times since its conception, the first time, they redid the character dialogue, the second time, they changed some choreogrpahy, and the third time, they dropped some of the choreography for the characters riding floats.

>>BUT, Sprectromagic does not compare to the orginal- Main Strreet Electrical Parade. Besides when it is only on once a week how can you see it without wasting the whole day?? night!! <<

umm.. this one makes no sense to me.. could you please rephrase it?

pepsistar

OK I am back will try to explain-------

I liked the SAGE OF TIME in the original parade!!! Dreamweaver is------ do not like it, but as you said for $6.50 what do you want!:( However, as a guest we do not know that!! I AM shocked at this can not believe they would pay soooooo little!!! :eek:

Yes, I know the music is almost the same but they should have left it alone!

Do not care for Sprectromagic-- Liked The Main Street Electrical parade better. Yes, what I meant was when you close at 6 and the parade is only on once on a Sat. You have to plan your whole day around sitting and waiting for the patade for 2 hours or you do not get a decent spot to see it. Too many people!

When you only come for three or four days it is VERY difficult! to get everything done when the closing times are sooooo early.

What do you think about opening later and staying open AFTER DARK???? You really miss a lot of the Disney MAGIC when you do not see everything lit up and get the full effect. Especially the Castle!! AND riding Big Thunder at night :sohappy:

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by pepsistar
OK I am back will try to explain-------

I liked the SAGE OF TIME in the original parade!!! Dreamweaver is------ do not like it, but as you said for $6.50 what do you want!:( However, as a guest we do not know that!! I AM shocked at this can not believe they would pay soooooo little!!! :eek:

Yes, I know the music is almost the same but they should have left it alone!

Do not care for Sprectromagic-- Liked The Main Street Electrical parade better. Yes, what I meant was when you close at 6 and the parade is only on once on a Sat. You have to plan your whole day around sitting and waiting for the patade for 2 hours or you do not get a decent spot to see it. Too many people!

When you only come for three or four days it is VERY difficult! to get everything done when the closing times are sooooo early.

What do you think about opening later and staying open AFTER DARK???? You really miss a lot of the Disney MAGIC when you do not see everything lit up and get the full effect. Especially the Castle!! AND riding Big Thunder at night :sohappy:

>>I liked the SAGE OF TIME in the original parade!!! Dreamweaver is------ do not like it, but as you said for $6.50 what do you want!:( However, as a guest we do not know that!! I AM shocked at this can not believe they would pay soooooo little!!! :eek: <<

Gotcha.. I can see what you mean, however, this will shock you even more... that's the same amount the Sage of Time was paid.. but if it's in a good parade, then pride takes over what monetary compensation can't provide.

>>Do not care for Sprectromagic-- Liked The Main Street Electrical parade better. Yes, what I meant was when you close at 6 and the parade is only on once on a Sat. You have to plan your whole day around sitting and waiting for the patade for 2 hours or you do not get a decent spot to see it. Too many people!<<

you don't need to get there that early.. I've gotten the best views just 20 minutes before parade.. you just need to know where to sit and what routes to take to get there. I have my spots, and they are one of my closest guarded Disney secrets.. sorry guys, I'm not spilling them, find your own.

>>What do you think about opening later and staying open AFTER DARK???? You really miss a lot of the Disney MAGIC when you do not see everything lit up and get the full effect. Especially the Castle!! AND riding Big Thunder at night :sohappy:<<

If the parks were geared solely for adults, then I think that'd be awesome, but most children go to sleep early, so there's the logic with opening early. I still say keep the parks open at least 13 hours a day like it used to be done (9am-10pm/8am-9pm) and 18 on peak season (8am-2am), but maybe I'm too demanding... after all I'm just a CM, and since I don't pay admission, my opinion isn't worth diddly squat to Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom