New Ticket Option - 4 Park Magic Ticket

Goofyernmost

I think that's a good part of the audience they are looking at. I know so many people who have wanted to do Universal for Potter who then look at spending part of the week at Disney as well, and it ends up making their trip 50%+ more expensive so they just spend an extra day at Universal and/or the other area attractions, or even...gasp...just sitting by the pool for a day or two.
I guess so, but, frankly you either want to spend 4 days at Disney or you don't. If you are going to take a side trip to Uni, wouldn't this just be Disney partially financing that visit. What would they gain really? If the guest bought a 3 day and PH they actually would be paying pretty close to the same thing as this 4 day, 4 park special. I don't see it connected to Uni in any serious way. I see it more to spread out the crowds to all four parks. The revenue is the same, but, less if they discount the 4 day for that purpose.

I, of course, cannot speak for everybody, but, I always plan on 4 days, one for each park on all of my trips that last over three days. I get PH for the flexibility of going to a different park in the evening for meals or just variety. I can forfeit the evening thing to save the money, but, nothing extra would be gained for Disney, like I said, other then a spreading out of crowds.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So basically just discounting a 4 day, one park, ticket but forcing one to go to each of the parks for one day. No buying the ticket and going to MK all four days. I guess it is a deal for those that were planning on going to all four anyway and only were going to be there for 4 days. Otherwise, I fail to see the advantage. I have in the past done it that way so if my plans fit in again, that would be a good option.

Having been as often as I have, I have specific things that I want to see so a three day park hopper is my 4 day discounted pass and I know that I will always use it up.

This is for those who don't go as often and, given just 3 or 4 days, they tend to double or triple up on one park. WDW wants them to experience all the parks to spread them out. And after experiencing a park they may not have otherwise, plan to go back to that park at a later time.

It's a discount for a relatively slow time of the year with black out dates on the too-crowded holiday weeks. So, this is part of their crowd-control strategy.

And as others mentioned, people going to Orlando sometimes do multiple parks: Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. WDW wants them to spend the majority of the week at WDW.

Goofyernmost

This is for those who don't go as often and, given just 3 or 4 days, they tend to double or triple up on one park. WDW wants them to experience all the parks to spread them out. And after experiencing a park they may not have otherwise, plan to go back to that park at a later time.

It's a discount for a relatively slow time of the year with black out dates on the too-crowded holiday weeks. So, this is part of their crowd-control strategy.

And as others mentioned, people going to Orlando sometimes do multiple parks: Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. WDW wants them to spend the majority of the week at WDW.
Yes, I agree and stated so in a later post. That is what makes sense to me.

Admiral01

Premium Member
Interesting that this is kinda how the ticketing works at Tokyo Disneyland. A 4 day "park hopper" to TDL allows for entry to a single park on day 1, a single park on day 2, and then days 3 and 4 can have park hopping. I've always seen it as a hindrance (I must have a short attention span), but I can see how other guests would enjoy choosing one per day and sticking with it.

mguimond1990

From the WDW Website:

The 4-Park Magic Ticket is the best way to experience Walt Disney World theme parks, with one admission to each of the 4 theme parks for 4 days. Tickets may not be used to enter the same park more than once, and must be used within 14 days of first use or by May 26, 2017

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but does this mean that once you're in the park you wouldn't be able to leave to go to the resort and then back to the park? That's kind of a good benefit of the current tickets.

TP2000

This is a smart ticketing strategy much like the tickets they sell for Tokyo Disneyland Resort. It forces you to go to each park once per day, even with multiple-day tickets. Spreads out the crowds and balances the load across the property. Smart.

Jon81uk

I guess so, but, frankly you either want to spend 4 days at Disney or you don't. If you are going to take a side trip to Uni, wouldn't this just be Disney partially financing that visit. What would they gain really? If the guest bought a 3 day and PH they actually would be paying pretty close to the same thing as this 4 day, 4 park special. I don't see it connected to Uni in any serious way. I see it more to spread out the crowds to all four parks. The revenue is the same, but, less if they discount the 4 day for that purpose.

We meant the people who are planning Universal only trips as adding a side trip to Disney is too expensive to add on. This ticket might encourage people to add on a Disney side trip when it previous seemed too expensive. For these people Disney is the side trip!

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Perfect timing! I'm headed down in March for my Bachelor and this will help our group save even more money.

Goofyernmost

We meant the people who are planning Universal only trips as adding a side trip to Disney is too expensive to add on. This ticket might encourage people to add on a Disney side trip when it previous seemed too expensive. For these people Disney is the side trip!
If so, not exactly were Disney expected to be at this point is it. That said, however, I still don't think that anyone from Disney loses any sleep over them at all. Disney is still #1 and since it costs pretty much the same, actually, realistically per day as Disney, not much worry about it taking over that spot.

AEfx

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but does this mean that once you're in the park you wouldn't be able to leave to go to the resort and then back to the park? That's kind of a good benefit of the current tickets.

It's confusing wording, but no - re-entry won't be forbidden. It just means you can't use it at that park on another day. So if you use it at MK on day one, you can't use it at MK again another day. So basically it's four one-day tickets, one for each park.

Goofyernmost

It's confusing wording, but no - re-entry won't be forbidden. It just means you can't use it at that park on another day. So if you use it at MK on day one, you can't use it at MK again another day. So basically it's four one-day tickets, one for each park.
Exactly!

DManRightHere

I thought things were supposed to be getting simplified.

So....does this allow the so many times asked "Can I redeem 2 days worth of tickets in one day?". So visit for 3 days, MK 1 day, Epcot 1 day, and both HS/AKL on 1 day.

DDLand

It's worth noting that currently one of their parks is in a pretty poor place. It's become very very compelling to skip or park hop out of the park with no name. There's still some good stuff, but largely it's a struggle.

This ticket will ensure guests hit up all four equally and avoid weighting the Magic Kingdom or Epcot. This also incentivizes guests to stay longer and try all four. Another plus.

No, it's just that quite a lot of visitors live much closer to regional zoos with generally much better animal viewing and interaction. The animal viewing at AK has some beautifully lush environments, but when it comes to actually viewing them up close or a large variety of animals, AK falls woefully short.
I'd take Animal Kingdom's enclosures and offerings over the National Zoo in DC. It does have a smaller total number of animals, but that's offset by much more accurate portrayals of the actual habitats and behaviors that the animals portray in the wild. I'd contend Animal Kingdom is a worthy place for any person to visit.

Last edited:

TinkerBelle8878

The problem that I see with this pass is that there aren't really 4 parks. Maybe a few years ago. Its more like 3 and a 1/2 with all the construction going on at DHS. So limiting it to one visit to each per ticket, they're basically either making money off that extra day or finding a way to 'force' people there that otherwise would go for a ride on ToT and the other few and then move along to another park.

discos

The problem that I see with this pass is that there aren't really 4 parks. Maybe a few years ago. Its more like 3 and a 1/2 with all the construction going on at DHS. So limiting it to one visit to each per ticket, they're basically either making money off that extra day or finding a way to 'force' people there that otherwise would go for a ride on ToT and the other few and then move along to another park.
For a first time visitor though (which we know is a bulk of the visitors at WDW) they could easily make a full day out of DHS

Jon81uk

No I don't think you could. You could if you saw all the shows but with half the park gone I don't think you could spend a day there.

Two and a half attractions (Backlot Tour, Lights Motors Action and Honey I shrunk playground) have closed. That is not half the park. A lot of walking space in the streets of America has gone, but that was never really an attraction.
They have also added a lot of Star Wars content and a new nighttime show (although timed so a lot of the time it is impossible to see both night spectaculars).

The main issue at DHS is that the shows are stale. Most have been showing over 20 years. So to a first time visitor who hasn't seen the Indiana Jones, Beauty & the Beast and Mermaid shows, they will fill a lot of time just with these. You then also have Star Tours, Star Wars shows, Frozen show, RocknRoller, ToT, Great Movie Ride and Dis Junior. Due to the random nature Star Tours and Tower of Terror are very re-rideable too. Cap the day off with one of the night shows and you have a great day.

But if you've been to DHS more than once in the last 10 years then Beauty & the Beast and Mermaid shows seem old and you know what's going to happen on Indy. The closed attractions make less of a difference to a repeat visitor compared to the old stale attractions.

Bandini

IMO, when some people think of WDW it is actually MK they think about. That's where the majority of their visit is spent. Even people who are visiting for multiple days spend more time in the MK. I read a lot of posts where people with park hoppers will start or end their days at the MK. Disney ads promote MK more than the other parks.

I think this is a way to drive attendance into different parks. MK doesn't need increased attendance, but the other parks certainly do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom