New themed pavement in Adventureland?

Mr. Sullivan

Yes its money and it's one of the few times them being stingy with money is something I'll defend.

It's a lot of time, effort, and money on something that's ultimately so futile. Yes, the yeti looks amazing in motion...with the lights on and you just get to watch it. I was too young to have ridden it when it was working properly, but everyone in my family who got to and many, many, many others who did that i've encountered in person and online have all said that you couldn't really see anything impressive about it and that it looked about the same as it does now because you go by it so quickly.

The yeti not working doesn't ruin the ride experience and I think as such it'd be kind of dumb to close one of Animal Kingdom's most popular attractions for an extended period of time to fix a detail that won't really add all that much to the ride experience. The sheer amount of work they'd have to do to even get to it to fix it just doesn't make it worth it.

TrainsOfDisney

but everyone in my family who got to and many, many, many others who did that i've encountered in person and online have all said that you couldn't really see anything impressive about it and that it looked about the same as it does now because you go by it so quickly.
The entire experience was much better when it opened. Not just the working yeti, which you definitely could see - he was literally lunging toward the train! - but also the fog effects that completely hid the track switches from view.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Mr. Sullivan

What is supposed to be the point of this? Like, how is haphazardly colored concrete "themed"?
The theming is in the details of the concrete. It gives off the appearance of walking on earth rather than pavement, or at least it’s meant to evoke that visual. It’s place making.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom