New themed pavement in Adventureland?

jaxonp

Looks nice! Have you seen the pavement in Tokyo Disneyland? It’s so ugly and plain. Tokyo’s one downfall.

In some parts of Tokyo Disneyland, yes.. Disneysea, no. They are slowly fixing it there but yea.. parts of Adventureland are green painted pavement lol

Quietmouse

Say what you will about Disney obsession with ips now, I’m glad they still prioritize theming. There’s nothing like Disney obsession with details towards their theming and that is why we flock to their parks.

They immerse you with an experience like nothing else on earth, they are ocd with theming and details , and are truly one of the only collection of theme parks that know how to make you feel transplanted into a different reality.

I

happymom25

Maybe it will look better in person, but I don’t like it at all. The moldy/ dirty look feels…moldy and dirty. I’m sure this is simply to cut back on having to clean the concrete.

I’ve noticed in trip report pictures recently and during our trip a few months ago that the pavement at WDW has been looking dirty. It stood out to me because it’s usually so clean. And it’s always been a unique “caring about the details” quality of Disney vs other theme parks. I figured the noticeable change is another disappointing cut back. But it’s a small thing that makes a big difference.
Anyway…Disney is big on making things intentionally look old to hide aging and cut back on upkeep. So this seems to be the same type of “theming.”

Squishy

Maybe it will look better in person, but I don’t like it at all. The moldy/ dirty look feels…moldy and dirty. I’m sure this is simply to cut back on having to clean the concrete.

I’ve noticed in trip report pictures recently and during our trip a few months ago that the pavement at WDW has been looking dirty. It stood out to me because it’s usually so clean. And it’s always been a unique “caring about the details” quality of Disney vs other theme parks. I figured the noticeable change is another disappointing cut back. But it’s a small thing that makes a big difference.
Anyway…Disney is big on making things intentionally look old to hide aging and cut back on upkeep. So this seems to be the same type of “theming.”
I was thinking this too, this new pavement doesn't look like it would withstand heavy constant pleasure washing.

I appreciate the green being a bit different, but it's kind of hilarious they're spending the money to replace all the concrete to be aligned with the area's theme and it being described as cost cutting vs having "power wash the pavement" on the maintenance rota.

Disney can't win 😂

Otamin

That looks fantastic, and certainly a much needed improvement.

I'm hoping at some point they'll theme the pavement on Main Street to be more akin to the majority of the other castle parks as well. The usage of bricks they have greatly enhance the overall theming.

Oh God. My eyes. The horror!! Why Tokyo 😭
It's truly baffling, especially when one of the most beautiful Disney parks is next door.

Themed pavement would go a long way to improve TDL.

AndyS2992

I don't like it, looks like the floor got damaged and they did a half arsed job fixing it by throwing mismatching sand and concrete on top of it. If this is just one then it looks awful, if they dot these around the land then it would be more cohesive and not quite so bad.

ToTBellHop

I don't like it, looks like the floor got damaged and they did a half arsed job fixing it by throwing mismatching sand and concrete on top of it. If this is just one then it looks awful, if they dot these around the land then it would be more cohesive and not quite so bad.
They’re converting the entire front area of the land to this. It just takes time since the whole land is open every day. I think it works well with all of the rocky features they added to the area several years back.

peter11435

It clearly will not be just one. And large sections of the land already have themed concrete

Incomudro

Think moss instead of mold.

Brer Oswald

Can confirm it doesn’t look better in person.

MarkTwain

If you're like me and were curious what this would look like applied to the rest of the land, enjoy these 20 minutes of Photoshop:

Adventureland_Full_57347 copy.jpg

Adventureland_Full_57346 copy.jpg

Adventureland_Full_57349 copy.jpg

Not my usual professional standard so don't hold it against me. ;) Free to use, etc etc

I'll let you all decide if you like the look of the pavement or not, but I think it works.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm not sure how I feel. I do not love the gray but this new color is seems so similar to existing brown/tan buildings/roofs that it looks monotonous in pictures shared. Maybe they'll repaint buildings?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom