News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

bcoachable

Yikes no. Adventureland is already clustered up enough. The only two places that could use a decent live-auditorium attraction would be

1). The back side of Frontierland, where space is available...

2). Replace Hall of Presidents' auditorium with a new live stage show auditorium (seems like a no-brainer to me)

3). Main Street, where they originally planned it. (Which is also a no-brainer. Brings folks back to the front of the park where all the shopping is, and where there isn't much congestion.)
My mind has it being discussed being constructed outside the railroad possibly? Maybe I’m getting this confused with a Polynesian themed ride or something..

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Wait, so the idea is to have Disney use a portion, of what appears to be a limited amount of money on the parks, to build something that there is no demand for?????

Let’s spend tons of money for something that no one really wants? No business, let alone Disney needs to be out laying capital improvement money based on the idea that no one really wants this thing, but the best thing you can say about it is that the very small group of people who will use it won’t have to wait in line for it.

I didn't say no demand. No demand implies that it would sit there unused.

It would get plenty of use, which is why it would be helpful. Thousands of people would go in and watch whatever was there every day.

Just because you personally wouldn't be interested doesn't mean it's a waste of money -- I'm personally not very interested in Guardians (I would never be willing to wait in a line for it) but that doesn't mean building it was a bad idea (putting aside any arguments about how much it cost, fit in EPCOT, etc.).

Last edited:

bcoachable

Maybe they could just turn the Stitch rooms (that seem to have been abandoned at this point) into something that would work to siphon off guests. That could be a decent spot, and there is already a “shell” built to house the thing in…

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Maybe they could just turn the Stitch rooms (that seem to have been abandoned at this point) into something that would work to siphon off guests. That could be a decent spot, and there is already a “shell” built to house the thing in…
I'd prefer for the Stitch theaters to be repurposed into literally anything that can house a small attraction... Even Wreck-It Ralph... While adding the main street theater on as an addition.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Wait, so the idea is to have Disney use a portion, of what appears to be a limited amount of money on the parks, to build something that there is no demand for?????

Let’s spend tons of money for something that no one really wants? No business, let alone Disney needs to be out laying capital improvement money based on the idea that no one really wants this thing, but the best thing you can say about it is that the very small group of people who will use it won’t have to wait in line for it.
Noone wanted Splash redone either yet here we are 🤷‍♂️

bcoachable

I'd prefer for the Stitch theaters to be repurposed into literally anything that can house a small attraction... Even Wreck-It Ralph... While adding the main street theater on as an addition.
Oh - I would totally agree…
at this point though, I’m guessing whatever WAS going in Stitch will be showcased in some format over in the Play Pavilion in Epcot- and then these two “theaters” just sit empty for another 10 years…

TheMaxRebo

Seriously?!? We are willing to give up a ride/attraction for this? Granted itsbeen empty for years which is a disgrace but come on we cant settle for this

Convert the noodle restaurant if you really need something like that. No reason to remove proper attraction space.

better than just more table space for Cosmic Rays, at least it could be themed, etc

Stitch was terrible/waste of space to begin with and now it is nothing, so improvement over that ... definitely will have more guest thruput than that space has had in probably 20 years

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
better than just more table space for Cosmic Rays, at least it could be themed, etc

Stitch was terrible/waste of space to begin with and now it is nothing, so improvement over that ... definitely will have more guest thruput than that space has had in probably 20 years
MK believe it or not needs capacity. Ride capacity. Attraction capacity and something thats not going to overwhelm the park ie why we keep saying the MS Theater was a perfect addition. Something along those lines in this spot would be just as good. I dk what can or cant fit here but im sure they can find a way to add another attraction if they truly wanted to but as we know they dont and will just stay cheap and leave it empty.

JoeCamel

MK believe it or not needs capacity. Ride capacity. Attraction capacity and something thats not going to overwhelm the park ie why we keep saying the MS Theater was a perfect addition. Something along those lines in this spot would be just as good. I dk what can or cant fit here but im sure they can find a way to add another attraction if they truly wanted to but as we know they dont and will just stay cheap and leave it empty.
A huge part of the "empty" space is manager parking and delivery to Main Street plus utilidoor access. It is a very busy backstage area with lots of traffic all day. Managers don't want to park out back, they like to be close to the work.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
A huge part of the "empty" space is manager parking and delivery to Main Street plus utilidoor access. It is a very busy backstage area with lots of traffic all day. Managers don't want to park out back, they like to be close to the work.
Where Stitch is?!? What am i missing its been sitting dead for how long now

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
No he’s talking about where the Main St Theater was going to be built.
I was being sarcastic bc i was talking about Stitch being empty thought it was pretty clear…& in regards to his comment about the theater its been mentioned it was canned bc of money & foundation nothing to do with what he was talking about.

JoeCamel

Where Stitch is?!? What am i missing its been sitting dead for how long now
I see, the space is not that large and I think that is why it is empty for so long. They could put a tribute store in there with heavy theming and make people happy to dump their cash. I wonder if that's been tried somewhere?? Hmmmmm.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom