News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

MerlinTheGoat

Interesting to know the opinions about Tony's. It's a restaurant I have no recent experience with anymore. I haven't eaten there since the mid 90s as a kid. I remember it actually being decent back then, me and my mom both enjoyed it. By no means up to par with the best food EPCOT had to offer in its heyday, but good. One of the better restaurants at Magic Kingdom.

Sad to hear it has gotten so bad. Though i'm not surprised. Based on the restaurants I HAVE eaten at during the past few years, food quality all across WDW parks has massively fallen since the 90s. With the exception of a small handful of quality outliers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Interesting to know the opinions about Tony's. It's a restaurant I have no recent experience with anymore. I haven't eaten there since the mid 90s as a kid. I remember it actually being decent back then, me and my mom both enjoyed it. By no means up to par with the best food EPCOT had to offer in its heyday, but good. One of the better restaurants at Magic Kingdom.

Sad to hear it has gotten so bad. Though i'm not surprised. Based on the restaurants I HAVE eaten at during the past few years, food quality all across WDW parks has massively fallen since the 90s. With the exception of a small handful of quality outliers.
Overall I would agree...not to jack the thread.

Magic kingdom restaurants are pretty bad. They were never great...now they're worse.

Kman101

Overall I would agree...not to jack the thread.

Magic kingdom restaurants are pretty bad. They were never great...now they're worse.

By far they have the worst. DHS a very close second. I prefer AK for variety. Epcot is good too but I haven't experienced enough of the restaurants in the pavilions to talk about the quality. So AK is my favorite. "Fast" food but not like it's been sitting under a heat lamp (and they have their misses, too).

Personally, and say what you will about the place, but Disney Springs has some really solid restaurants now, both table service and quick service. I spend more time there than I ever did so for me they did something right.

I think they might be trying to fix the MK. Or at least give the illusion. Be Our Guest is going to a fixed prince dinner (whatever they call it) and Pinocchio's I believe is going to be offering a "buffet". While presentation looks a bit better, I imagine the quality won't go too far up. But sometimes fast casual is just that, fast casual food that's not great but you hope it's at least edible. Not a high bar but there are signature restaurants and then there are ... Cosmic Rays (in terms of food).

celluloid

Bible Belt? Deep South?

...and judge me not by my spelling...apple changes so many words these days - I've given up.

I did not judge you as a person for your spelling, that would be as silly as well, judging someone in efforts to belittle their enjoyment in a theme park restaurant or trying to imply that taste from the Midwest may be less cultured. I was just joshing you back for the proof reading factor.

TrojanUSC

By far they have the worst. DHS a very close second. I prefer AK for variety. Epcot is good too but I haven't experienced enough of the restaurants in the pavilions to talk about the quality. So AK is my favorite. "Fast" food but not like it's been sitting under a heat lamp (and they have their misses, too).

Personally, and say what you will about the place, but Disney Springs has some really solid restaurants now, both table service and quick service. I spend more time there than I ever did so for me they did something right.

I think they might be trying to fix the MK. Or at least give the illusion. Be Our Guest is going to a fixed prince dinner (whatever they call it) and Pinocchio's I believe is going to be offering a "buffet". While presentation looks a bit better, I imagine the quality won't go too far up. But sometimes fast casual is just that, fast casual food that's not great but you hope it's at least edible. Not a high bar but there are signature restaurants and then there are ... Cosmic Rays (in terms of food).

One can not overemphasize the damage the Disney Dining Plan has done to non-signature Walt Disney World-operated restaurants.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I did not judge you as a person for your spelling, that would be as silly as well, judging someone in efforts to belittle their enjoyment in a theme park restaurant or trying to imply that taste from the Midwest may be less cultured. I was just joshing you back for the proof reading factor.

My belittling has limits...Tony's is an awful excuse for an Italian restaurant...that's not what it's supposed to taste like. It is what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One can not overemphasize the damage the Disney Dining Plan has done to non-signature Walt Disney World-operated restaurants.

In my previous incarnation (as a cricket)...I railed against the dining plan for several reasons...but the main was that the stripped all the ingredients off the menus that can't be ordered Walmart style. Overall quality fell as expected to increased price.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Well...other than a couple of the new ones at springs...I've eaten at them all 5 times at least...

And with the expection of brown derby...i honestly can't bring myself to go to any other restsursnt in mk or studios

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like how my gif was removed, nice mods. Cuz my train going off the rails comment was less meaningful than people putting down others from the Midwest.

I'm originally from the rust belt...to be fair. That's kinda how I know 😜

I'll rephrase: I can't take culinary advice from anyone who eats Papa John's and said "wow...that's so good"...

...no geographic bias

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom