News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

RSoxNo1

Highest theoretical capacity at WDW is Haunted Mansion with 3200, closest to 2000 for the Operational Capacity (factoring in potential stops) is Under the Sea with 1980. That's based off of these figures though (no clue how accurate the post is): https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/
I suspect Kilimanjaro Safaris has a higher theoretical capacity, or at least regularly hits a higher number than Mansion or any other high capacity rides.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Indeed, there are bigger fish to fry at those meetings than a single project at WDW.

Starch collar Bob tends to harp on international markets and the future of digital revenue sources.

The only thing the Street cares about right now is their disney branded, Hulu carried, 5G streaming cable service...for a modest fee...

...and you might get the standard "revenue is up" for parks that they've said for 19 quarters in a row...strangely coinciding with 19 quarters of consecutive price increases at all POS terminals.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not too surprised, although this project was announced a tad prematurely (but it was solid as of a month ago). I will say, I can think of a few proposals in MK, Epcot, and AK that run under a similar budget and could be ready for WDW50.

I think it was a "lukewarm" capex...if we're honest. It's not gonna excite or drive more revenue...

It was purely an advantage from an operational standpoint...

Which is completely understandable it got red lined by the abacus armed vultures.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Still have three years.

In that amount of time...they barely put footers for a bathroom.

...I'm only basing this on all evidence of construction planning and scheduling that the iger regime has given since taking over.

It's slow bleed for maximum drain of each dollar spent and ability to market "coming soon" for a decade or so on each thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My understanding is that this isn’t a “cut” so much as a “reallocation of funds”. Sometimes it is shocking how mercurial this company is. I remember the challenges of keeping up with the DHS redo right up to its announcement.

See...I think they are painfully easy to read...which is why Bob can't pump that stock price air into his golden parachute as much as he wants.

They are painfully slow to react...and telegraph every move...and then won't let anyone forget they telegraphed it to kiss Wall Street butt and try to get free PR from the trades and fans...

2050 greed with a 1950 approach.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
i'm not reading that...
but then again, sometimes i just imagine things that aren't there

I may have misread that...

It was subterfuge about shifting funds for some clandestine use...when the smart money is on just knocking out that allocation simply because they can or want to shift their own ambiguous numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom