News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

KrazyKat

Really disappointed to hear this. I also agree the placement off to the side was a little odd. Wouldn’t surprise me if TDO decided to build it at Disney Springs instead and sell tickets instead of it being part of your MK ticket. There’s a huge parking lot near cirque du soleil and a third parking garage is being built.

raven

Really disappointed to hear this. I also agree the placement off to the side was a little odd. Wouldn’t surprise me if TDO decided to build it at Disney Springs instead and sell tickets instead of it being part of your MK ticket. There’s a huge parking lot near cirque du soleil and a third parking garage is being built.
That would compete with Cirque and House of Blues and make crowds very congested with guests at night. That back lot fills to capacity quite often on concert nights. But I love the idea of placing a large theatrical facility somewhere near Disney Springs.

Sped2424

giphy.gif

Hahahah ahahaha :")

Attachments

• 1517528943209.png
    1517528943209.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 63

tl77

Have other projects caused the cancelation? Or was the project cancelled due to its own cost/design issues (such as foundation/ground or even back of house operational issues cast parking/general access?)
The only other theater style show that been announced since this is the new Cirque du Soleil show that will feature classic Disney characters, which is something that seems like it would be competition for this theater, but not something they can make a boat load of money on like Cirque du Soleil... kind of a bummer if this turns out to be true, but they could fit a couple of dark rides in that parking lot, both the show buildings for both Small World and Haunted Mansion could fit in that space.

I still think they need a permanent pathway along side Main Street, and my hope is more that they eventually return Main Street to the "small town" experience it had originally, instead of the "giant gift shop" that it's become. I don't know that they need a theater to accomplish that. This has to be a new record for cancelling a WDW project that they made a huge announcement for... 6 months? at least they can still do something quickly, but this is why I don't get my hopes up for anything they announce until it's finished being built and I can stand in the middle of it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom