News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

TrojanUSC

What about the blessing of size?

Walt Disney World certainly has the blessing of size, however the current design of the Magic Kingdom has really limited the space for back of house operation. Lots of the "support" areas are built a few blocks away. It would take quite a bit of infrastructure alteration to change this fact.

Kman101

Maybe they decided to save the spot for a future Tomorrowland expansion? Not saying they're using it for that at this time but maybe they realized they wanted to keep the space for that?

But I hope the MK still gets a theater. Or something else. Curious where the money is going.

peter11435

Highest theoretical capacity at WDW is Haunted Mansion with 3200, closest to 2000 for the Operational Capacity (factoring in potential stops) is Under the Sea with 1980. That's based off of these figures though (no clue how accurate the post is): https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/
Those numbers are not entirely accurate. There are a couple MK attractions with higher theoretical capacities than mansion.

CJR

DHS deserves more rides instead of show.

I don't disagree that DHS needs rides, but they have multiple aging shows and if they already had one planned out, why not swap one of them out? The theater space is certainly there.

It'd need some tweaking (probably) to fit a different venue, but they've already spent some money on development, so it'd be a shame to waste it. I don't imagine that it would impact any potential rides in the foreseeable future.

prberk

I think they should bring back "The Walt Disney Story" in some form to the Expo location, in The Magic Kingdom where it belongs; and they should also use the old Galaxy Theatre space daily, or at least nightly, with outdoor live entertainment. It was designed for that. Back when I went to Night of Joy a few years back, it was nice to see live music in that venue again. It fit perfectly.

ThatMouse

I was thinking the theater would open up another route down mainstreet. Last time on a non-crowded day we were pushed single file through Casey's before the fireworks, because mainstreet and the circle is totally blocked off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom