News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

J4546

I think you could build a new space mountain beside the original, make the facade look a lot like how the HK concept art for the next possible avengers ride is gonna look. Im not saying make it a marvel attraction, just use that design language in a similar space that its already designed for HK and make it a massive space port. Build a new SM coaster inside the new attraction box, gut the old SM and use that space for a massive show/indoor space themed area with a bunch of smaller rides perhaps. Also when designing the new space port facade, incorporate the peope mover

JoeCamel

I have a feeling that the guests will not come from WDW visitors but instead parks like sea world will be the ones to suffer
And Universal will see a shift in attendance from one of its other parks.
WDW might just see a small drop in overal length of stay and maybe not that huge of a change.
Tourist know that value wise longer stays means lower pricing for per day tickets.

Speaking of Universal, does the company have a solid plan on how to move guests from the existing resort to the third park land? Is it going to use a bus system thru city streets?
Busses in dedicated bus lanes kinda like what they do at Disney Springs or the city transit system does? Are you implying bus riders are a lesser class?

castlecake2.0

Busses in dedicated bus lanes kinda like what they do at Disney Springs or the city transit system does? Are you implying bus riders are a lesser class?
Bus riders aren’t and different class, but sitting in city traffic during rush hour when trying to park hop doesn’t sound great. Imagine the studios - DAK bus having to take the 192.

JoeCamel

Bus riders aren’t and different class, but sitting in city traffic during rush hour when trying to park hop doesn’t sound great. Imagine the studios - DAK bus having to take the 192.
It's about twice the distance as from the TTC to the MK so not really an issue with a good part in bus lanes. Not unlike catching a bus to AKL from the MK.

castlecake2.0

It's about twice the distance as from the TTC to the MK so not really an issue with a good part in bus lanes. Not unlike catching a bus to AKL from the MK.
Will they have bus lanes though? I haven’t researched it much. Still not the best experience when you’re trying to escape the real world.
3BED95E5-C74C-4C6D-ABF3-805C69867981.jpeg

bhg469

Will they have bus lanes though? I haven’t researched it much. Still not the best experience when you’re trying to escape the real world.View attachment 662280
FAKE NEWS!! This is by far the least amount of cars I have ever seen on Sand lake!

But for real though. The new route is going to be a dedicated bus lane. I would not be concerned about moving from site to site.

Andrew25

Bus lanes should make the CityWalk Bus Loop - Epic Universe trip in about 15 minutes. Which is just about the same as any WDW hotel to the parks.

There are also some (hopefully) beautification efforts Universal wants to happen along Universal Blvd & Kirkman

TheMaxRebo

I have a feeling that the guests will not come from WDW visitors but instead parks like sea world will be the ones to suffer
And Universal will see a shift in attendance from one of its other parks.
WDW might just see a small drop in overal length of stay and maybe not that huge of a change.
Tourist know that value wise longer stays means lower pricing for per day tickets.

Speaking of Universal, does the company have a solid plan on how to move guests from the existing resort to the third park land? Is it going to use a bus system thru city streets?

WDW could also benefit from guests that haven't been to central Florida but drawn by Epic Universe who say, "while we are here, might as well stop by Disney as well"

I think Epic Universe could negatively impact Disney's market share but not total # of visitors much and could even be a positive to average $/guest spent/day at WDW

MagicHappens1971

WDW could also benefit from guests that haven't been to central Florida but drawn by Epic Universe who say, "while we are here, might as well stop by Disney as well"

I think Epic Universe could negatively impact Disney's market share but not total # of visitors much and could even be a positive to average $/guest spent/day at WDW
This could be true, but should still encourage Disney to build some new things to help attract those who may be visiting Orlando for the first time in a long time

TheMaxRebo

This could be true, but should still encourage Disney to build some new things to help attract those who may be visiting Orlando for the first time in a long time

Well, there are quite a few new things if it has been a while

If it has been 5+ years you have:
- Galaxy's Edge with 2 rides there
- Pandora with 2 rides there (just over 5 years old)
- Guardians
- Remy's
- MMRR
- and pretty soon Tron

That is quite a bit ... Add in the retheme to Splash which should be done by Epic's open and quite a bit to draw people who have never been or it has been a while

They definitely need to keep adding and hopefully we hear about things at D23 ... But I don't think Disney feels they need a 5th gate or something to "counter" Epic Universe

MagicHappens1971

Well, there are quite a few new things if it has been a while

If it has been 5+ years you have:ink
- Galaxy's Edge with 2 rides there
- Pandora with 2 rides there (just over 5 years old)
- Guardians
- Remy's
- MMRR
- and pretty soon Tron

That is quite a bit ... Add in the retheme to Splash which should be done by Epic's open and quite a bit to draw people who have never been or it has been a while

They definitely need to keep adding and hopefully we hear about things at D23 ... But I don't think Disney feels they need a 5th gate or something to "counter" Epic Universe
I don't think Disney needs a fifth gate either. I think they need to increase attractions at all four parks. It has been discussed so so many times, but Disneyland managed to fit more attractions in their two parks than all 4 at WDW.

And in those 5 years, it's been nearly no net gain in attractions.

- Stitch still sits vacant
- Animation Courtyard basically sits empty
- They've ripped up the entire center of Epcot for the "Journey of Water"
- The "Play!" Space
- Primeval Whirl disappeared

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I wonder how many "canceled" projects announced at last D23 will be "all new" projects this go-round.

exactly what they are hoping for... imo internally they are saying same thing people will come visit us that may not have and pay top dollar to do so single/2 day tickets splurge on what they can... as i stated sloppy seconds from EU & then worry about their next "big Splash" if any for about a year or so after EU opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom